“just for one night”

Ranked #45 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
kuala lumpur
“just for one night”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

the reservation system is quite weird. when I called the hotel for a reservation, the staff said the hotel was fully booked and my colleague who just walked in was told the same. As I arrived merely 5 mins later, i just succes to book for deluxe room

The hotel looks like an old appartment and smells funny too. my room was basic with no fridge.
the bathroom has no hand bidet but they provide a "bowl"
the bed look quite dirty with lot of stains on it
they dont have any amenities.. at least my room dont have it ( no water boiler...or bottle water)

Breakfast is like a war where people have to run for the foods.
This is the only hotel i do not dare to taste the food ( look weird ), except for the cereal..

I was staying here during peak period

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank yaya1988

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Stayed here during Chinese New Year. Price was a tad steep (but it was peak season for them).

Pros : Clean hotel, buffet provided in the price (paid about AUD159 for 2 nights stay)

Cons : Furnishings are dated. Lights in the room were very dim, and the toilets flushed rather poorly (you had to stand there holding the lever up for a full minute). Buffet breakfast was pretty average.

Conclusion : Basic hotel for what we needed, served it's purpose as a room to sleep in with a shower.

Room Tip: Pick a room above the 7th floor, nice views of the limestone mountains in the background.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cr8tive83
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We stayed in Ipoh two nights to look at some ancient family history, and chose the hotel for the very reasonable price. So we were pleased with the quality of the hotel and the size of the rooms. The only negative point for us was the location, well outside the town centre, and no easy form of transport except taxis

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DerekRichard
Pulau Tioman, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I had to stay in this hotel as my preferred hotel, the Impiana, was fully booked.My travel schedule was complicated and I was going to arrive early in the morning between3and4am on the 17/12, I needed to stay overnight on the 17, departing on the 18th. I therefore wanted one room for the night of the 17th with the facility to check in early.
I phoned reservations to try to arrange the early check in but the girl was unable to help so she passed me to the Manager. Desmond (the manager) listened to my request, advised it was not possible to check in early, if I wanted to arrive at 3am on the 17 then I would have to pay for 2 nights accommodation. I asked how early I could check in for the one night 17/12 and he informed me I could check in after 6am on the day and i would then only be charged for one night, he then advised that he could not assist further, (logically if I can have the room at 6am and be charged one night what is the problem allowing me access 2 hours before? As the room was obviously empty I would have thought a sur charge could be suggested) I asked for the General Manager and Desmond informed me there was no General Manager at the hotel.
Not happy with this I phoned back, asked to be put through to the General Manager,ended up initially speaking to Desmond, told him I wanted someone more senior. He eventually put me through to Mr Murad Shariff. Mr Murad advised he was the manager of the hotel, listened to my request and immediately agreed that I could have an early check in and confirmed I would only be charged for one night, he said he would arrange this.
I checked in sometime after 3am went to my room. The room was reasonable though dated. The bathroom tiles were badly in need of re grouting and the toilet cistern was continuously running. Internet is not automatic I needed to get a day card and code from reception. TV choice had no international news channel which I found surprising. I had lunch later in the lobby restaurant, the food was good but the service almost non existent,
After lunch my key card didn't work so I went to reception. They advised that they expected me to check out as I had arrived so early. I explained my reservation story, told receptionist to contact Mr Murad and she gave me another key. My room was not cleaned at all during my stay, I presume because of the confusion
On the morning of the 18th I had breakfast which was appalling. It is served in an atrium type corridor with large banqueting tables for communal dining. Only one girl was cooking eggs which caused a delay of 10-15 minutes whilst queuing. The buffet food looked unappealing and in any case had mostly run out and didn't appear to be being replenished. I had some toast and left.
I then came to check out and found I was being charged for 2 nights. I returned to my room, phoned reception and asked them to contact Mr Murad regarding the 2 night charge. Shortly thereafter Desmond phoned me in my room and advised he would contact Mr Murad to check on the charge.
Desmond phoned back after a few minutes and advised that he had spoken with Mr Murad and that he had never agreed to the early check in, I was therefore required to pay for the 2 nights.
I checked out, asked Desmond in person if he had actually contacted Mr Murad and he confirmed he had and I needed to pay. I paid the bill and asked when Mr Murad would be available. Desmond said he didn't know as Mr Murad was in the Cameron Highlands and he didn't know when he would be back.
In conclusion, I am very irritated by this experience, I have spent a lot of money to stay in a very badly managed hotel with very poor service throughout.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Melina B

Travellers are raving about these Ipoh hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Have been to this hotel twice before but normally stayed in a superior room. But this time we got an Executive Suite Room at a very last minute booking. Check-in was smooth. The room has two view where one view from the family hall is view of the turf club. Room is very pleasant, spacious and clean with a family hall separately from the bedroom and also an LCD TV. The King size bed was huge, there was also a nice sofa. Sleep was comfortable. Buffet breakfast spread at the Restaurant on the 2nd floor was also ok. The only dissapointment is, the bathroom amenities, the toilet bowl was clogged so does the floor. Although it was fixed by hotel maintenance, it was only temporary. As we do not worsen the situation, we had to use the bathroom at 2nd floor near the restaurant. Hopefully the Hotel Management would do something to ensure facilities for guests is tip top, rather than sell a room which amenities is not working.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dieana_my
George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed 6 December 2011

The rooms were spacious and comfortable and they had nice carpeted floors and even a sofa for you to lounge on. The rooms were quite clean and it's definitely value for money. They have a good chinese restaurant in the hotel that serves quite delicious food as well. The hotels are equipped with bubble lifts, which gives you a glance of the hotel's overview. It was generally a good experience.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Ipoh is not Singapore and the Heritage is not the Hilton. Other than being in Ipoh in a group with a guide, visiting is about friends and family. It would otherwise be difficult to make the most of this well established, confident and prosperous town. These realities are reflected at The Heritage, a perfectly good hotel, given the circumstances. Courteous helpful well-trained staff. Late check-out, complimentary under cover parking, bottled water, daily newspaper and wi-fi, no problem. Included Asian breakfast was tasty and evolved from day-to-day. Generally clean, tidy and well organised. You see and feel that someone's making an effort. Foreign exchange at Reception was at surprisingly good rates. The spacious room was user friendly but traffic noise, even from the top (tenth) floor was noticeable. It had been recently been repainted with newish curtains and all standard fittings. Carpets were old, the electronic safe did not work and built-in clothes hangers required replacement. Of importance, bed and bathroom were good. I have no idea what the guest facilities were as I spent all my Ipoh time with family!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family