“1997 hotel”

Heritage Hotel Ipoh
Ranked #48 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed in for 2 nights with family. Was a last minute walk in decision. RM128 net per night without breakfast.

As expected the hotel is outdated since it started operations in 1997. But rooms had new timber flooring and the bathroom was done up very nicely. LCD TV was there but somehow the picture quality was bad for the Astro channels.

Overall, it was alright for a town like Ipoh. Oh...before I forget, the king size bed was the noisiest we experienced. When we sat at the edge, it was creaking like fart fart fart :) It was so funny the kids were tickled each time I sat there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We headed up to Ipoh for a short weekend on the 23 Mar 2014. Having stayed at Heritage Hotel Cameron Highlands before, we did not hesitate to book its branch hotel at Ipoh. Check in was smooth. But there was no lift from basement car park to the lobby. So you need to drop your luggage first at the lobby before parking your vehicle.

We got quite a good rate for superior room, king sized bed. Room was reasonably clean and all basic facilities like coffee and tea is available. Basic bathroom with again basic things like shampoo, bath gel, shower cap etc. They ran out of bath towel when we checked in. After dinner when we got back, they replenished the bath towels. Loved the strong rain shower, nice.

The room came with LCD tv and a few astro and vision 4 channels. Ok, not much comments on this. bed is comfortable but traffic noise tend to intrude a bit but still manageable. We did not take the breakfast as Ipoh has a lot to offer on this.

Daily newspaper is given, surprised for what we paid. Good. location wise is quite near to most of the places.

Well, we may come again in future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Well, we may come again in future.

Room Tip: Rooms at 9th floor gives you a nice view of the racecourse.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The facilities are visitors friendly. Front desk staff are helpful and polite.
Breakfast is full of choice for everybody. However, the shower tap is not convenient for use. It rains when turn on. The Chinese restaurant is good for dinner.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank KYNG
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have been staying in this hotel for > 4 trips, past 2 years.
Prosperous Seafood Restaurant located on the same floor as the hotel reception.
Be careful in dining there!!!
I ordered simple Bihun fish soup for 2 persons on 24 Feb 2014 (the Bill # CS0000018906 @ 20:55:14 Table #53). The bill cost RM115.55 with tea.

This is really a cheating. I had reported to hotel reception Duty Manager on with copy receipt on 26 Feb 2014 @ 10:46 am.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank MatthewLee2014
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I chose this hotel after reading a Tripadvisor review that the rooms had been renovated. Well they have, but there is still more to do. The room was clean and well furnished, except for an upright desk chair that looked as though it should have been thrown away years ago (see my photo), and the refrigerator was dirty and mouldy - i later showed both of these items to the duty manager and he agreed with my complaint. I was on a working holiday and i needed to be able to access my e-mail, but the wifi was so weak and intermittent that i never managed to make a useful connection. Same for the tv - there was an Astro Catalogue in the room, but that only served to tempt us as we could only find about eleven channels and all but a few were unwatchable. The bathroom with its modern walk-in shower was lovely, but my wife and i would have liked to have been given a hand towel each. That was it for the room, because there was no written material to explain the hotel services and facilities, so we did not know if we were missing anything (i certainly did not find the underground car parking until we left!).
On the plus side, the staff were helpful and friendly and there was a welcome drink of chilled fruit juice when we arrived,
The big disappointment was breakfast. The juice we were offered was an orange squash - not the fruit juice we had been given on arrival - come on Heritage, this is Malaysia and fruit juice is cheap and plentiful. Worse to come. There was a station with two staff cooking eggs and omelettes, except that they were not! I asked for an omelette and was given one already cooked. I asked for a hot one and the woman said she would reheat it. I said i wanted a new one and she said 'No'. So i took my cold omelette, but i did not eat it. My wife also went for fried eggs but found that they were undercooked. She asked for eggs which were fully cooked and the woman again tried to reheat them. My wife asked her to cook new eggs for her and was told 'Eggs are expensive'. My wife did not dare to tell me this until later because she would know that I would be furious. in fact i would have given the woman the price of a new egg just to embarrass her. Heritage, this is no way for your staff to treat your residents and you have to sort this out.
So would i recommend this hotel, well yes if you just want a clean room and a modern bathroom at a reasonable price, but a hotel is so much more than that. The Heritage does not have an ideal location being a taxi ride from the centre of town and its building is not as modern as those of some of its competitors - so it needs to try harder. I have given a score of 2/5 but some simple improvements could get this to a 4/5 for me.

Room Tip: Ask for a no smoking room on the no smoking floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank boss1951
Reviewed 28 January 2014

went on business trip on Jan 2014, i took deluxe room which is spacious. overall is very good. Aircon is cool enough. would recommend to book this hotel. Just need to touch up bit of thing:
1)TV resolution is below par,
2) There's an empty plate outside the hallway since the night i check in and was not clear even when i check out.
3) Lastly they gave me chinese newspaper (I'm a eng-edu chinese hence i do not know) it's best to ask guest which paper they prefer (Like other hotel) than assume.

Other than that, all great.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is luxury. good for family or couple to relax
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business