“Ok for an over nighter”

Heritage Hotel Ipoh
Ranked #47 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Heritage has been around for a while and not much has been done to update the place. The room was adequate but bathrooms definitely display the vintage of the hotel.
Breakfast was buffet style but dont expect much of an international flavour. Good nasi lemak, roti chanai & porridge if that is to your liking.
Alternate dining options are not accessible easily. Must drive out, and taxis are not readily available. On the plus side, it is next to the Turf Club!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel gave a good impression when you first see the lobby, the lift, only slack is probably the lightly dimmed hallway made it look worn down but I got what I requested for, High floors overlooking the horses @ Race Course. Room is very spacious, all clean and comfy. I would seriously stay here again. Breakfast is okay but who would want to have brekkie in hotel when you have soooo much good local food to try in Ipoh.

Room Tip: This hotel has no pool facilities probably its a stopover accomodation. Higher floors have great vie...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We we're travelling to Ipoh on one of our impromptu trips. Called up the hotel and found out that the walk in rates were much higher than the online bookings rate. So I just booked online.
Due to our last minute decision and limited hotel availability, my expectations were set quite low. Fortunately, we Found this hotel satisfactory, actually.
Checking in and out was very fast.
The room was big enough for my young family (we had a double bed). Things were bit old but the kids were not too fussed about it.
Breakfast was not great but there was a vast variety of things to choose from.
We had a car so it was easy for us to get in and out of the place but I suspect it could be difficult without one as it was not walking distance to the city.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

6) No variety breakfast
7) Entertainment nothing
8) Washroom not clean
alot ...
Please try to improve..make sure no smelll..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank MegaVisvem
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Well, to begin with, I always stayed either at Impiana or Heritage whenever I'm in Ipoh. Last week I was there in Heritage and sadly from average, it has gone to poor in overall and they should do somrthing about it even though their location is on the plus side.

Last week I went down to their Polo Cafe for some late dinner before catching the bus for KLIA and only 1 person manning the counter and later on just vanished to I don't know where. The phone keep on ringing for room service I guess. Frankly, you guys suck big time and this kind of negative comment was not a norm for me.

By the way, I got my order and hour or so after that...so with the next table from me...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mustaffa72
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed in Heritage Hotel during our Business tour to IPOH, Quiet Location, No Restaurants near by and Taxi availability in Area very low. Hotel Building old but well maintained, Reception Staff is nice and courteous and staff in hotel is courteous. Quality of Room and Bed is Average however housekeeping is OK.Room Television has limited choice of International Channels. We were disappointed by Breakfast items and quality.There is no Business centre and we could not check in online for our flight.Most of the restaurants, shopping malls are away from the hotel.
Hotel Reception staff,Manager and concierge is nice and check-out was done fast and also helped us in putting our luggage in Car.It is hotel suitable for Local Malay people than international business travellers, We do not recommend this hotel to family and tourist who do not have their own vehicles or transportation. IPOH city has good Choice of Hotel and restaurants in City Centre, where you can enjoy nice Malay and International food. We loved old Town White coffee of IPOH. IPOH is also nice tourist city with entertainment parks and resorts for Family and KIDS

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank farooq47
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here during an official visit to Ipoh. The rooms are great and well maintained, but food can be a grave problem especially if you are an expat to Malaysia. Since this hotel is located on the outskirts of Ipoh, you may have to travel pretty far to get to some good restaurants. The other downside is the lack of enough socket points in your room, which makes it pretty difficult to charge ur laptops and smartphones. On the whole, you can rate this place as average, and I am sure you could find better places to stay in Ipoh

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business