All reviews ibis styles rooftop bar ibis hotel walking distance sliding door hawker food nasi lemak basement car park bed was very comfortable modern design iron and ironing board old town buffet breakfast noodles definitely stay here again porridge deluxe room
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We were recommended for this hotel during our recent visit to Ipoh.
The hotel is well located and near to city's many attractions. The staff was friendly and breakfast although simple but you still have a lot of choices.
We like the shuttle bus services provided by the hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Mu H, Assistant Front Office Manager at MU Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear vincent l,

It was certainly our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am most delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back and serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

This beautiful boutique hotel is close to all the great food and easy walking to anything you may need. They also have a shuttle service to the local sites 3 times a day. The shuttle driver took us to the railway station to book tickets and again the next day to catch our train.

Rooms are spotlessly clean and beds are really comfy. Breakfast is served in an airy room and all food types are available.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again. Great service by all the staff. Loved it.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Mu H, Assistant Front Office Manager at MU Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear RoseSydney_Australia,

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

So just going to point a few things here I visited Mu Bar yesterday at 7/8/2018 I arrived about 8:30 or so. I was there with 5 of my friends we ordered 3 Guinness sets I was happy with it but what I was not happy about is the food it's only 4 kinds of option and all is not convincing usually I go to a normal sub urban bars they offer the most simplest food like meat vs fish or nuggets vs fish fingers and also French vs onions rings that's what u expect from a bar food not spring rolls and also I've tried the French fries and spring rolls here before but not yesterday it was terrible and you did not even mention that the spring rolls was vegetarian I was not happy with that also. I was happy with the service the guys there offered me popcorns as compulsory but who in the world eats popcorn when you're having a Guinness.They also had salted popcorns but that is even worse. Please upgrade your bar and try not to be so backwards.
Thank you for reading.

Ben.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Mu H, Manager at MU Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Ben,

Thank You for patronizing our Mu Bar, located at the rooftop of MU Hotel.

We are in the process of adding some variety of snacks and finger food into our menu at Mu Bar.
Your comments were indeed timely and we have taken to heart the suggestions and will certainly
look into including it in our menu.

We are delighted that you are happy with the service from our bar staffs. I am sure that they
looked forward to offering their services to you and your guests again in the near future.

Regards
Lily Chee

Reviewed 3 July 2018

One of the nicest hotels in it's price range. Clean room, good quality mattress and pillows, really well thought out bathroom design (Only gripe I have with the bathroom is that the toilet seat doesn't stay up lol). Astro channels to watch if you're a couch potato and the best part is each room comes with its own iron and ironing board (Many hotels I've been to doesn't even have this kind of basic facility for its guests). Not the biggest hotel room I've experienced but it has enough space to ensure a comfortable stay.

Hopped up to the comfortable rooftop bar for a drink at night and wasn't disappointed by the nice ambience.

Breakfast was decent. Recommend the Nasi Lemak and egg station.

Although I didn't experience it myself, we were told by reception that the hotel provides free shuttlebus service to the main tourist locations in Ipoh that runs on a fixed time schedule.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank damianfoo
Mu H, Assistant Front Office Manager at MU Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear damianfoo,

Thank you for your patronage to the MU Hotel and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor!

We are both humbled and pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ipoh – MU Hotel.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Pretty much in the centre of Ipoh, albeit a 20/25 minute walk from either the train station or the main bus hub, this very modern space is a very good option for exploring Ipoh and the surrounding area.

Built about 4 years ago as an IBIS Styles property, it's now in the hands of Mu Hotels. They've not changed all that much and you still get all the modern, funky touches you'd expect if it was still IBIS owned. Very expansive, clean lobby, staffed by welcoming, friendly people.

The rooms are clean, relatively spacious, with modern decor and furnishings. Good aircon and black out drapes. The beds are soft and comfy, with spotless, clean linens. There's a fridge, 2 x 500ml water a day, tea, coffee & a kettle. The TV is a bit crap, with only a few channels and the only English news is Bloomberg TV or Al Jazeera. Very good, free WiFi is available everywhere.

The bathrooms have very large walk in showers, with excellent hot water pressure. There are many amenities offered, but oddly, the towels are quite shabby and need replacing. Clean, but worn out.

Breakfast is included in the modern restaurant space, but it's a bit lame. Mainly Asian tastes are catered for and they don't do a great job at replenishing. However, if you ask, they'll usually bring out more food. But you have to ask. There's an egg station, but just basic coffee and the hot dishes were made with very cheap, poor ingredients. Cake forms a large part of what's on offer. The only juice is made with water and a LOT of ice. Thus I didn't touched it. Ice in Asia is never a good idea. The cafe area has a nice outside seating area.

There's quite a funky roof top bar that offers great views over Ipoh and there is also a small gym. Surrounding the hotel are several really good, very inexpensive food courts, worth checking out. You can also walk easily to the night market and all the restaurants around there.

I got a very good rate for such an upscale property. The rooms are quiet, but on my last night, some very, very late revelers did start slamming doors at all hours of the night, which really disrupted my stay. Not really the hotel's fault, but inconsiderate guests do spoil any experience.

The lobby has free computers to use and the front desk will print for you if needed.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
6  Thank Jarko2015
Mu H, Assistant Front Office Manager at MU Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Dear Jarko2015,

Thank you for staying at MU Hotel during your recent trip to Ipoh. We are delighted at your compliments and glad that you have enjoyed your trip. We have also taken note of your feedback and informed the team so improvements can be done in the Hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm regards