“Friendly service”
Review of Impiana Hotel Ipoh

Impiana Hotel Ipoh
Ranked #59 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Again the services from housekeeping & front desk doesn't disappoint me.A job well done to the staff there!!!! :) Everyone is friendly. The morning breakfast is nice and hope they can come up with more varieties on my next visit.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Gunner_Malaysia
E-Fay C, Public Relations Manager at Impiana Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2015

Dear Gunner_Malaysia,

Marcom Manager

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I travel a lot on business and usually don't get to choose where I stay. Of the more than 50 hotels that I have stayed at during the past year, I would have to put this one at the very bottom of the list.

The lobby is spacious but seems sparse and empty. When a colleague and I tried to check in, we were told to sit down and wait. The single person at the desk spent at least 5 mins with the only person in front of us.

The carpets in the hallways are soiled and stained. My room was large but the furnishings were cheap, old and dirty. When I pulled back the bedside table to look for an extra electrical outlet, I saw a large bundle of wires coming out of where the socket should have been, into the back of the console. The desk was small and the seat for it was a tiny stool. Wifi was free but one had to login again after the slightest pause. The bathroom looked a bit grungy. There was a rainfall shower, but the flow was not much more than a trickle.

None of the restaurants listed in the bedraggled hotel guide in the drawer actually existed. There was a restaurant, but the name was different, and there was no "Lobby Lounge". The room service menu was soiled and had previous guests' choices circled. At breakfast no one showed you to a table, and there was no wait staff. The choices at the buffet were limited, but I noticed someone making made-to-order omelets on the veranda.

To be fair, Impiana had a few good points. The function room was adequate and a buffet dinner was OK. I wandered down to the lobby in the early evening, and listened to the young girl playing the grand piano. I was approached by a lovely concierge-type lady who asked if she could help me. I told her that I was just wandering around, but that the music was lovely. She said that the hotel did that to distinguish itself from the other hotels in Ipoh. Bravo for that at least.

Room Tip: Chose a room at another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear David W

We are grateful for your feedback and have taken your constructive comments very much at facevalue.

We would like to thank you for alerting us to the issues you have encountered and will reassure you that your comments have been acted upon swiftly.

Once again we would like to thank you for such valuable feedback that helps us to monitor and improve our standards.

Warm regards,

Marcom Manager

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I made a mistake on our date of checked in, but the Front Desk Guest Service Agent did a great job to change it. We checked into 909 & 910 connecting from for family . Rooms is new big & clean , on the top floor with city & mountain view with free wireless internet connection , Fully equipped room amenities & complimentary mineral water.,unfortunately Room TV in 910 is not in working condition , both rooms airconditioning system are not cold, Room 909 toilet seat cover came off, .. Some construction is going on outside the hotel, thus some noises in the day is unavoidable . There is no hot water until 8.00pm although a notice in our room informed that Hot water would resume by 3.00pm. Despite some shortcomings, the service from the Hotel staff is fast and courteous.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WorldGlutton
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I came here for a family vacation and it was great value for money. The hotel is located at the central of town and is convenient to go to tourist spots and Ipoh's authentic food restaurants.

The staff are friendly and helpful and most importantly the rooms are clean.

Would love to stay here again for my next trip down to Ipoh!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gingerbii

Dear Gingerbii,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hotel is old and run down. Furniture and fittings in the room is not hotel standard. Carpets are torn. Shower curtain has mold stains all over. Swimming pool is closed. Breakfast choice is limited. Not a recommended hotel to stay in. Location wise is nearby town area but you need a car to move around.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 18 August 2014

From the entrance, one would have high expectations. The first room we got was smelly.....the second one was shabby and they got it right the third time.Since we were on holiday....better look at the bright side.....they accomodated our request three times. Good service! We relaxed at the coffee lounge to listen to music...waited for one hour till 12.30 midnight...only to be told later that the singer is sick. The other band member was there but .....no music. Holiday spirit again...look at the bright side...we managed to have a good family conversation because there was no loud sound. If you're the positive type.....this place should be ok!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed for one night in this hotel due to work. It was a very nice hotel however, they need to improve on parking as we ended up parking in UMNO building due to the misleading signage.

The hotel has a clean, business-like feel suitable for all business people. The room was big and clean and service was prompt. We checked in at midnight so there was no queue. We asked for 3 twin beds and they set it up when we checked in the room. Was quite surprise as we had told them earlier that we will require 3 twin beds and this was only done when we were in the room. Perhaps they should note tiny requests as this and have them done prior to our arrival.

Breakfast was so-so. It was a large eating area and we experience an unpleasant encounter with a foreigner in a suit (a business executive) who was brash and rude, so it ruined my breakfast experience. I did not bother to sample the other variants as he totally spoiled my appetite. We checked out in a hurry as there was no reason to stay after that. The hotel was meant for us to put up a night before we embark back to KL.

However, was pleasantly surprised that my colleague who left her handphone on the table, got it back as the waitress who found it, returned it to her. I commend the hotel's staff for this.

Overall, a nice hotel, but I will not return here if it was not for work. It is too business-like for my liking.

Room Tip: Only choose this hotel if you are on business. It is not suitable for patrons with kids/children due...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lillianblc

Dear Lilianblc,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, and we are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and found our staff friendly and helpful.

We hope we can welcome you at the hotel again very soon - particularly during your business visits.

Marcom Manage