“Perfection”

Indulgence Living (and Restaurant)
Ranked #23 of 62 Hotels in Ipoh
Melbourne
“Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2009

Where to begin? ... Everything about Indulgence Living is just perfect. Recently my wife and I travelled to Ipoh from KL to spend some relaxing time together. We had spent two weeks in KL shopping and looking around. As Australians, Ipoh presented an opportunity for us to soak up the old town Malaysian culture and enjoy some of the most amazing food and wine. The charm of Indulgence Living is second to none. We have travelled all over Asia and our experience in Ipoh goes close to possibly being our most enjoyable trip. The atmosphere of Indulgence is warm and private and most of the time we felt as though we had come home. This boutique hotel is just so relaxing. We stayed in the Beverly suite and every detail of our room was perfect. The room accurately felt like an English country garden. The best part of Indulgence Living is that we had a world class restaurant downstairs to enjoy. Every night after eating ourselves silly we could relax and enjoy the restaurant atmosphere. One night, the owner and chef (Julie) sat and chatted with us while we ate desert which was very nice of her. After dinner we simply went upstairs to realx and enjoy our room.

Our check-in and check-out was very quick and efficient and all staff were very helpful at all times. Not one of our requests was ever a problem. We will be back to Ipoh and we will stay at Indulgence Living again!!! We just dont know which room to choose!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kashikoikitsune

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fukushima
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2009

The rooms really speak for themselves. These fine set of themed rooms really have so much character... I was lucky enough to have a looked at 4 of the other rooms too and really loved they way that they were all were so different. So much effort has been put into making them special. The restaurant downstairs is simply breathtaking and I was afraid that with such a good hotel and restaurant, I was going to get around to seeing the rest of Ipoh city! But I did! And Indulgence was the perfect setting after a hot dusty day in Ipoh. The perfect getaway.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank ikeywah
Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2009

Called the hotel to make the booking 1 week before my arrival but no one answer the call...called second time still there is no one answer the call..since the hotel staff is busy to answer the call then i called back them the other day, finally there is someone answer the call with just saying 'Hello' !!!! NOT EVEN GREET THE CUSTOMER.... is ok i think maybe they are busy until forget to mention it..

When i arrived to the hotel the staff checked me in and show me the room, room is nice but there is dust everywhere closet, table even the window....it is so terrible..but not just only this, arround 11pm i try to call the reception for a towel but no one answer my call again....look for a staff at the reception but no one is there...i been FORCE TO USE MY SHIRT TO WIPE THE WATER AFTER SHOWER SINCE THEY DIDN'T PROVIDE THE TOWEL IN THE ROOM....IT IS THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAY!! BYE BYE INDULGENCE NO MORE NEXT TIME!!!

• Liked — Except the room deco is nice everything is terrible
  • Disliked — Except the room deco is nice everything is terrible
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
12 Thank capjackbrown
Kuala Lumpur
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2008

I tried to book a room for one night and the owner snobbishly turned me down because I have 8 and 4 year old children. For a first time trip to Ipoh this is certainly a memorable experience, one that I will always remember as a bad thing. For Indulgence read Self Indulgence, Self Importance. Nothing good to say about this place, they suck.

• Liked — nothing, this place is bad, stay away
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
13 Thank mrairmmiles
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2008

Stumbled across this hotel by accident when we were looking for a place to stay in Ipoh. All the reviews we read on Trip Advisor gave us the confidence to go ahead and book this hotel for 2 nights. It was probably one of the best highlights of our stay in Malaysia. We booked 2 interconnecting rooms as we have 2 older children (20 & 17). The rooms we stayed in were Ildi and May-suet. They were both exquisite rooms, very classily furnished and spotless.

The hotel had a very personal feel to it and the staff were very inviting, friendly and helpful. They even sent the chef out to pick us up from the Ipoh train station as there were no taxis running that evening. The food was very well presented & prepared with unusual but tasty combinations.

You don't come across too many hotels giving this sort of service. We would certainly recommend this hotel if you are visiting Ipoh, and we will be back Jessie!.
Mike & Maria

• Liked — Good surroundings, good food, excellent staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank ExMalaysian
france
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2008

A very nice and confortable hotel, the rooms are in the back, so nonoise from the road.
perfect place to stay in Ipoh.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank ericFrance
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2008

With only 6 rooms, this hotel (a 2-storey colonial house) comes close to having a feeling that you ARE at home. I felt like coming home, rather than a hotel. I will definitely go back there and also strongly recommend it to everyone.

Room -
Each room has a separate theme. I stayed in the room called Tzarrah -- Moroccan theme. It was fabulous -- tastefully opulent. You feel as if you have left Malaysia and entered Morocco. The amount of thinking that has gone in the designing of the room was amazing. Egs: the bathtub had a padding, a sort of a head rest, so that you dont knock you head against the tub. Next to it were 2 bottles of bath bubbles and separate towels. I have stayed in numerous hotels and all of them put the bath bubbles and towels elsewhere.
My room had a walk-in wardrobe. There was a day bed by the window where you can daydream. The carpets, the wallpaper, the furniture were so exotic. I trully felt rested in my room. My friends, who were staying in an another hotel, were seething with jealousy when they saw my room.

Food -
The desserts are to die for. I think I overdid it on one of the nights -- I had 2 cakes with wine. When I arrived, I had delicious desserts waiting for me. I had sumptious breakfast and lunch in the hotel itself and it was exquisite. The curried scramble eggs were so yummy. Although it was not an item in what I ordered, the people were very accommodating.

Staff -
There so sweet, friendly and helpful. I felt being treated like a family member rather than a guest. All my slightest needs were well taken care of. They even stayed up till 5 in the morning chatting with me!!

Verandah -
This was my fav part. It was simple with a fountain and 2 deck chairs near it. It was so nice reading a book at 4 in the afternoon. Although located next to a main road, it wasn't noisy at all.

Living area -
This felt like my home. On one of the evenings, my friends and I gathered there to spend a lovely time. I was sitting on a comfy carpet while my friends were on the sofa. We refused to go out as we were so comfortable sitting there.

• Liked — The comfortable room
  • Disliked — -