“Hidden gem, 3 star hotel with 5 star service and attitude.”

Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Mount Gambier, Australia
“Hidden gem, 3 star hotel with 5 star service and attitude.”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I'm back here again. Every time I come to Malaysia I visit Ipoh to run with the hash house harriers and I stay in this hotel. I don't know how the management do it but they have trained the staff to perfection. Everyone speaks and smiles, helps you and even runs after you with an umbrella in the rain. I don't eat here as Ipoh street food and the proximity of world class dim sum make it unnecessary. The rooms are very clean and size is OK even with extra bed in. Free sat TV channels, water, pot noodles and potato chips make this reasonably priced hotel excellent value for money. I hope too many people don't discover this hotel or it'll be full next time I want to stay here. Only one gripe and it's the same as last time: The New Straits Times delivered free to your room is only good for tearing into squares and using in the toilet. It is blatant BN propaganda and sneering at the West on almost every page. I'd rather have the Star, slightly less biased. I'm sure this newspaper pisses off a lot of foreign and local guests. Maybe the hotel is owned by UMNO/MCA/MIC? ha ha ha!
In overall value for money terms this has got to be one of the best hotels in the world!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bomoh
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Dear Bomoh,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh

We were delighted you were staying with us once again. Your positive rating of the hotel, our staffs, services and facilities are most appreciated.

We are glad in general our staffs are friendly, helpful and indeed they are empowered to provide caring, efficient and friendly service.

We certainly looking forward to your return and to be of service to you once again. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Stanley Yap
Regalodge Hotel Ipoh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I was a guest at the hotel recently and from the moment we checked in we know we will enjoy our stay at this hotel as the staff was so friendly. . Unfortunately not even half an hour later, I heard some noise coming from the entrance as though someone was forcing his one in.I then opened the door and there was this housekeeping staff trying to pry and force open the door but he could not as I had used the chain lock. I told him off the least he could do was to actually knock and not use the master keys to force his way in! However I doubt he understood what I said and he made his way to the toilet. I stood there and watched what he actually wanted to do that was so urgent and he only wiped the sink and went off sheepishly!!
I am sure the housekeeping staff have been trained to knock and not just barge in as you will never know if the situation warrants this!!

However we enjoyed oour stay overall if not for this 'intruder'.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Dear shirlyccs,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you for staying with us. We apologize for the inconvenience caused over the issue relating to our Room Attendance. We continue to encourage guests to bring to our attention whilst-in -house so we have the opportunity to address them personally and hopefully can turn things around.

After reading your review, we had immediately investigated the matter. The staff concerned did knocked on your room door maybe too soft you might not heard it. Without realizing you have occupied the room, he wanted to checked the room he cleaned earlier in tip top condition before his Superior on the routine inspection. He thought the door lock was jammed when he used the key to opened it and suddenly you opened the door and he got panic and lost of words and he find excuses for his mistakes.

Please kindly rest assured, we will take corrective action that this will not recur.

We thank you for your constructive feedback as this assists us towards achieving consistent, caring and excellent service standards. We hope you will decide to allow us in welcoming you and your family to Regalodge again.

Best Regards,

Stanley Yap
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I stayed here one night recently. My Executive Suite was a fair size and clean, with wifi, iron and ironing board and some light snacks. However, the bathroom was small and the decor was dated. For the price, this is a decent place to stay in Ipoh.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank dbasha
DixonChai, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this review, 20 October 2012
Dear dbasha,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you very much for wrote us a feedback to shared us your experience.

Overall, I hope you had a pleasant stay with us. Our pleasure to have you stay with us again. Me and my teams look forward the opportunity to welcoming you at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, whenever leisure or business bring you back to Ipoh again!

Milan, Italy
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Unfortunately I slept here for just one night. The hotel is pretty central, but we didn't want to visit Ipoh. Had to wake up early to visit the wonderful Cameron Highlands.
It's a beautiful structure from outside. The lobby was simple. The rooms not that big, but clean and nicely furnished. The toilette was very clean too. The lady at the reception was very friendly and helpful with her information.
I had a nice time in here. May be the best hotel in my Malaysia trip.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank realrv6
Dear realrv6,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you very much for the compliment and shared us your experience.

Delighted to learn that you had a renewing stay with us. Most importantly is our services as well as the cleanliness in the room had met up to your expectations.

I hope you will had the chance to visit Ipoh again. Me and my teams look forward the opportunity to welcoming you at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh. Thank you and have a nice day!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My friend and i are two late twenty-something american women that spent one night here while traveling through Malaysia in September. For the price, it was much nicer than we were expecting and the people that worked there were very pleasant and helpful securing a cab to the bus station for us on our way out of town. It appears to cater to the Asian businessman and provides HBO, complimentary snacks and waters and a morning paper delivered to your room. The rooms are clean, spacious enough and the water pressure/heat in the shower is fantastic - we had a two bed non-carpeted room on the third floor looking south across the city center. Also, the shower has a laundry line that can be of great use to a backpacker looking to launder a few things.

Breakfast was included (we booked through booking.com, no idea if its always included) and consisted of healthy options and real coffee (not that nescafe nonsense). Although the menu is comically labled (sean connery famous wakeup call, princess andromeda atlantic wishes, etc) it represents a culturally diverse menu that tasted quite good. Particularly good was some javanese currry and my friend loved the tang-like orange juice.

There was also a spa, but we did not venture onto that level.

Drawbacks included hard beds...but in 18 days at high-end and low-end alike we did not sleep on a soft bed in this country...and spotty wi-fi in the rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank kissthefr0g
Dear kissthefr0g,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you very much for wrote us a feedback at Tripadvisor to shared us your experience.

Is a great honor to knew that you are pleased on the experience at our restaurant, The Limestone's Fine Dining. Kindly rest assured, I will shared your compliment to the department concerned, and i'm sure they will ecstatic when it delivered to them.

Kajang, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 September 2012

For an overnight weekend getaway with my spouse and 5 year-old in Ipoh, I chose the hotel solely based on the overwhelming good reviews in tripadvisor. At first we couldn't find the hotel even after we entered its address into the GPS, and the design of the hotel sign was obscured from afar. The building itself was dwarfed by a bigger and taller hotel nearby. It would've been better to print out the map and instruction for direction to the hotel from its website instead.

The hotel building and design generally was unassuming but clean. That includes our room which felt quite small for the three of us although it was a deluxe room. However what they lack in space and fancy decor, they made it up in other aspects of service. In particular, the hotel was big in giving out various little complimentaries to make the guests feel homey, e.g. in the room itself there was a big screen tv with plenty of channels to watch from, complimentary newspaper, free wifi access, couple of soft drinks and snack in the mini fridge aside from the usual bottled water. Although it was not buffet style, the hotel restaurant still spoiled us with plenty of choices to choose from for breakfast (the breakfast itself was an add-on).. and the amount too! I believe it was the best breakfast we had ever had in any hotels by far.

The staff we met there was exceptional. From the staff at front desk, to the restaurant and housekeeping, their friendliness, courteous greet and smile felt warm, and sincere; not mechanic and cold as what we usually faced at some big hotels. It reminds me of a metaphor of so-called 'authentic' nasi lemak cuisine at fancy high-end restaurant that does not even comparable to the same food that one could get from a food stall on a road side!
Overall, I'd recommend the hotel to anyone who's in Ipoh looking for an affordable home away from home.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank yaoungi
Dear yaoungi,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you very much for your compliment and shared us your experience.

Regret that you had a hard time to find our location. Kindly rest assured, we had already sucessfully applied the road sign and installed somewhere nearby. Location map with directions are in the progress to design, they will be available to download from our website soon.

Afterall, I'm delighted to learn that you had a renewing stay with us. Most importantly is our services as well as the cleanliness in the room had met up to your expectations. Kindly rest assured, I will definitely shared your compliment to the department concerned, and i'm sure they will ecstatic when it delivered to them.

Our pleasure to have you stay with us again. We look forward the opportunity to welcoming you at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, whenever leisure or business bring you back to Ipoh again!

Malaysia
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My second stay at Regalodge hotel. Very comfortable and there is no complaint generally.

The restaurant is great! The food serve in breakfast is excellence and customize base of each guest preferences. Unlike ussual buffet breakfast in a standard manner. Especially the food in dinner, we ordered a 3 course set, which are extraordinary and with the price just Rm80! I swear, you can't have it elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear seo_corp,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you very much for your compliment and shared us your experience.

Delighted to learn that you had a renewing stay with us. Most importantly is to knew that you are pleased on the experience at our restaurant, The Limestone's Fine Dining. Kindly rest assured, I will shared your compliment to the department concerned, and i'm sure they will ecstatic when it delivered to them.