“Comfortable, central hotel. Couldn't afford to eat there.”

Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Attractive hotel foyer. Spacious rooms, gloomy corridors, in need of TLC. We arrived on St Valentine's Day, and after a tiring drive from Penang, we thought we would eat in the hotel. They had a special Valentine's dinner, priced at £50 a head without wine, a price we would balk at in the UK, so we declined. Breakfast was not very exciting, juice or coffee, the latter being very weak. In our deal of £40 a night, we were only entitled to the set breakfast, so we really can't complain. Hotel was very quiet and staff friendly and pleasant,

Room Tip: Our room on 3rd floor was very quiet. We faced the Car Park.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ReadingLiz
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear ReadingLiz,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you very much for staying with us. Your review is very much appreciated, we are glad that overall you're enjoyed your stay, especially with our comfortable clean rooms and friendly services.

Appreciate your feedback with regards of the gloomy corridors and we have taken note of it and kindly rest assured it will be on our plans to brighten up the corridors on our process renovation.

It was our pleasure to have been of service to you. Me and my team are looking forward the opportunity to have you and your companion for another stay again with us.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 February 2014

booked Superior room at about S$70.
Room- clean, spacious but out dated.
service- all staff are friendly and can speak basic English.
WIFI- poor, But 2 computers available in the lobby for use free.
Location- though not centrally located, it is 10 mins walk to town of various dim sum rstn, 3 famous 芽菜鸡, massage, etc.
If budget is your concern, can consider this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank mrNanyang
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear mrNanyang,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh.

Thank you very much for staying with us. Your review is very much appreciated, we are glad that you're enjoyed your stay with comfortable clean rooms and friendly services.

Appreciate your constructive feedback with regards of the wifi connection you have experienced.
Please accept my apologies, kindly rest assured appropriate will be taken to address the mentioned area.

It was our pleasure to have been of service to you. Please inform that, we are in process to fully renovate the remaining floors. We looking forward the opportunity to welcoming you and your companions again, thereby at that time we could deliver a renewing room that you expecting. Wishing you and your family a Happy Chinese New Year!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Staff is very friendly .The room is fine. We enjoyed the Spa: sauna, steambath,whirlpool and massage. Also a very friendly manager overthere.
Unfortunately the reflexology area was under maintenance.Excellent breakfast included, see picture with very good coffee.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank bmbeekes
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear bmbeekes,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you for staying with us and we are indeed grateful for your wonderful review for our hotel and its services. It is a hospitality culture that we have instilled upon our Team to go the extra height for our guests if we have to, and A BIG THANK YOU for your compliments on me as a friendly manager.

Delighted to learn that you have a great experience in our restaurant and you enjoyed our delicious selection of breakfast and freshly brew coffee.

Me and my team looking forward that you will stay again with us and wishing you and your family a Prosperous Chinese New Year.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Every year I come to Ipoh to run with the hash and I stay in this centrally located and good value hotel. This year the rooms have been renovated and are now much better, especially the shower. Breakfast is vastly improved in quality and choice although service can be a little slow. Staff are polite and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Bomoh

Dear Bomoh,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

We are indeed grateful that you returned to stay with us and we had met up to your expectation once again. We do really appreciate your precious time to reviewed us again on TripAdvisor, kindly rest assured we will always do our very best to consistently justified that.

We are delighted to hear that our service standard was even better than your previous visit. Kindly inform that, we are in the progress renovating other floors as well.

I would like to apologize for the service at the restaurant and had advice the department head concern to seriously look into it and take necessary training to improve it to avoid future disappointment.

Lastly, A BIG THANK YOU and we look forward to your next visit which I hope will be in the near future and wishing you all the best and a prosperous Chinese New Year!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Regalodge is located right in Ipoh town centre. For food, the hotel is walking distance to the famous Foh San Dim Sum Restaurant (about 10-15 mins walk). But within 5 mins walking radius, there is loads of other local kopitiams that are pretty packed. Looking for local food there is a breeze.

The staff however were excellent! The check in was painless & was informed that the canned drinks (there were 2) & bag of chips in the mini bar & the cup noddle are complementary. Housekeeping was excellent, I asked for a HDMI cable (which they don't have) but the housekeeper came to the room towing a maintenance guy to help check if they have such a cable!

The exception of service was for the room service. We were really tired and hungry after travelling all the way from Johor. Called at about 5.30pm (non-peak) & was informed that the food will be delivered in 30 mins. After an hour, I called, another guy answered and said that there was no order! Put in another order & we eventually had our food at 7pm. Had pasta dishes. Both were pretty good but portioning is not very large.

Parking - they have some parking within the compound but not quite enough so you may have to park on the road side. You will need to put parking coupons if you are parked outside (I think Mon-Sat).

Room & bathroom - medium size. Towels and some toiletry provided (shampoo, soap, toothbrush & towels). Size of bed is single (not super single) and queen. The mattresses & pillows are not too soft, not too hard. The casement windows (about 3 feet from the floor) are openable so if you have kids, do keep them away from the windows. It's a relatively old hotel but not too badly maintained although the carpet feels a little sticky and damp.

There is a lift in the hotel even though it is only 4 storeys, which is great for people who has movement difficulties.

Overall, the hotel is value for money & I will come back here again when I come back to Ipoh.

Room Tip: I think 4th floor is a smoking floor. But the rooms do not smell of smoke though. They also have fam...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gabbytla
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear liann16,
Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

We are indeed grateful for your time to review us on TripAdvisor. It is a great pleasure to learn that we made a positive impression during your stay with us.

Being a business and leisure oriented hotel, our ultimate policy is to ensure our guests are extended excellent services and comfortable with us. It is important to be strategic located where there is a balance between business and leisure.

Understand that our parking are limited, however beside our on site parking, on street parking is also covered by us. Please inform that, our guests are no need to purchase parking coupon for their vehicle parking on street within the hotel area, we will look after them.

As a reputable hospitality establishment, we always try our very best to provide excellent services to our guests, unfortunately in your case we seemed to fell short. Please accept my humble apologies on the room service issue. Kindly rest assured, the matter has bought up to the respective department head, he do felt regret on it and will seriously look into this matter.

I'm really appreciate on your valuable feedback, and fortunately the above off experience did not deter you to stay with us again. We certainly look forward to welcoming you whenever leisure or business bring you back to Ipoh again.

Lastly we wish you and your family a HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is my third trip there. Stayed at the same hotel.

Room - Clean and comfortable. We're given 2 bottles of shampoo and body cleanser which we appreciate a lot as most hotel only gave 1 bottle. In addition to that, they also have complimentary packet noodles and potato chips. Bed are comfortable.

Location, excellent. Walking distance to many eateries.

Staff are friendly and cordial.

Will we go back again? YES!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank memory001
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear memory001,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you so much for making us as your preferred choice hotel in Ipoh and your return is very much appreciated. Delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and your experience of the service rendered to you by my team met up to your expectation.

We do try our very best to offer our quality services to our guests as it is our principal that guests
satisfaction is our priority.

We look forward to your continuous support and look forward to welcoming you and your companion back soon. Meanwhile, we wish you a Happy and Prosperous New Year 2014!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 25 December 2013

This hotel provide me an excellent service. For me the first impression from the hotel is very important for me. After i drive for almost 4 hours from KL, i arrived the hotel and a friendly Mr Hiew (Security) guided me for my parking. I did managed to have a short conversation with him which really give me a warm welcome. Besides that, he did well explained about the attraction around Ipoh city since this is the first time i been here. Mr Hiew seriously did his wonderful hospitality job. Well Done to him!. Front Desk provided me a very wonderful good service and spend a lot of time to explain the facility about their hotel to me although i did google it before arrive to Ipoh. Room wise was excellent! Mini Bar complimentary and the room design i was very happy with 3 stars ranking but the room gave me a WOW impression which i can rank it as 5 stars ranking. The housekeeping staff was friendly. Besides that, i would like to give compliment to your F&B staff number 20 because me and my partner went down for breakfast, he the only 1 staff who on duty (Direct Guest to table, Take Order, Deliver Meal, Serve Food & Beverage, Clean the plates and Set up the table). I was in the hospitality industry and i have a good impression towards him because he can really do his job with the smile always on his face. The negative part of this F&B outlet i would like to raise is the management or the manager of F&B do not have a proper staffing skills. I can't really figure out how you guys as the manager to allow 1 staff to do so many things during breakfast? I think so your leadership have problems and please improve yourself. I don't blame the staff but i will put the blame to the management team. Unwell planning = killing your own staff. Anyway as a conclusion of this hotel, EXCELLENT! and i will return to this hotel again in the future. Well Done!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IsaacWilson
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear IpohTrip,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

It is a magical day for us to receive such a magical new year review. We are delighted that we managed to meet and exceed your expectations during your stay with us.

We do try our best to provide our guests with warm and friendly hospitality services and facilities to the fullest. It is most rewarding to learn that we have hit the right notes and I will share your valuable comments with my team with much recognition to our Security Personnel Hiew and our waiter Joe who play pivotal role in making our 3 star property with 5 star services.

However it is with much regret that you found that our restaurant was under staff on that particular day during breakfast. After much finding, I found that one of the waiter was on medical leave on the very last minute. Please accept my sincere apologies on this matter.

We looking forward that you will stay with us again should you decide to make Ipoh your holiday destination choice. Thank you again for your wonderful review and wishing you and your family a HAPPY NEW YEAR!