“Decent hotel”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Lumut
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Decent hotel”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Checked into a kingsize bed room. Room is generally ok but furniture and stuff are pretty old. Bathroom's quite basic too, water pressure can be improved. Pictures here show the old type CRT TVs but that has been replaced by plasma/lcd tvs now.

Internet speed is decent, bed is comfortable, nice and slightly firm which I prefer. Hotel does provide covered parking space too which is nice. The pool surroundings look nice too, but I didn't swim so can't be sure if the water is clean.

Unlike other reviewers I did get coffee and tea sachets. But I agree with them the hotel could do a with a bit of renovation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank atty26

Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This hotel is comvenier because beside is a big market "billian" This hotel is totally need renovation~ furniture is old ~ and the service is just ok~ when I enter my room is without the coffee or tea pack when we out for visit I told the house keeping~ but in night when I got back my room the basket still empty until I call to the reception counter~ properly is my 1st time and last time to stay in this hotel

• Stayed September 2013
Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Stayed in two different rooms for two nights.

Staffs were responsive in checking room availability and answering questions, but still relying on traditional paper and pen records. No further comment on that.

RM110 for a standard room, with two single beds, necessary in-room facilities are there, but when you consider the quality of everything offered, you're paying more for what you are actually getting. Not even a single sachet of instant coffee or tea is offered. I dont think there is a water dispenser as well.

Sleep Quality
Utterly horrible, we were assigned room 317, and we could hear conservation from the next room CLEARLY AND LOUDLY. And it turns out there's at least a 5cm gap near the wall that is supposed to separate the two rooms (did they run out of bricks when trying to partition the rooms), and we could actually see the interior from the next room from the glass' reflection. AIr cond is functioning at times (but most of the time it isnt)

Cleanliness
The water boiler actually contains water when we checked in, with ants floating in it. And the bread we kept in plastic bag attracted a lot of ants the next day, no idea where they came from. Shower heads were gone, tiles were yellowish, you can really tell it's a really really old hotel that is in desperate need of renovation. Or a bit more chlorine to clean the tiles.

Swimming Pool
Quite big considering it's a small hotel, but the steam room and sauna can only hold a few person at a time.

Hotel Lift
It closes really fast, the moment you release the OPEN it shuts without hesitation. Anyone could have got injured from that since it doesn't have a sensor.

TV
I could have enjoyed 3D movies if I brought along my 3D glasses, every channel is showing double image.

Room Tip: Take this if you are in urgent need for a place to stay, if not I really suggest you look elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank alexong5011

Travellers are raving about these Lumut hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The hotel staff at checking in were pleasant, helped with queries and gave me wifi key after upgrading to Deluxe room RM 120. All i can say if these are deluxe i pity the others. The room is dated to like 77 or very early 80's. Air con stopped working but after asking twice, once before we went for food and when we returned, someone finally came and reset it. WIFI is temperamental but not worst i have used in my travels. bed sheets and towels could do with being renewed, as the towels are harsh and nearly threadbare. more of a rough surface to dry on than a towel.
nights sleep was ok, but as i got in to the bed i did check it. that's how clean the room looks.
stayed here for 2 nights with work, but i would not come back out of choice. Maybe my standards are higher than most, but for work you need no worries, clean with a capital 'C' and bloody good bed with decent internet connection.

Room Tip: all in all an overnight stop, cheap but not as clean as it could be.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Titch1644
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lumut
Hotel Sfera
#4 of 19 in Lumut
Ritz Garden Hotel
Ritz Garden Hotel
#4 of 50 in Manjung District

Been to Lead View Hotel? Share your experiences!