“Quite dissapointed”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Lumut
Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Quite dissapointed”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Chose to stay here since it was the cheapest among other available hotels trough Agoda. Since I have stayed in Perak for about 3 years before, i knew that this hotel's building is a quite run down. No clue about the rooms though, so fingers crossed, went in the hotel.

Location wise is excellent as it's near to Lumut town, within walking distance if one likes walking and the exercise. The room (314) was clean (thank God) with 2 single beds and all other necessities.

HOWEVER, the utilities provided definitely needs replacement. especially the kettle. Its obvious that we got an old one. it was rusty and yucky that my husband told me not to use it. We bought our own mineral water since they didn't provide any. So no hot drinks made in the morning either. The toilet also needed to be improved as it was also quite rusty, the towels have those yellow spots (showing that its an old towel too, so we chose to use our own towel) and there was a cockroach in the tub. The curtain in the bathroom also needed replacement. Major yuck with dark spots (bacteria). The cupboard's hinges needed to be fixed, had to open it (extra) carefully.

But on the plus side, there is hot water even though one really have to adjust it to get the right temperature. The loo was also working well. Aircond working fine, got a room with old carpet but clean. All else is ok.

MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT in my opinion is there was no buffet breakfast available. I usually look forward to stay in hotels for their (buffet) breakfast since i love to eat, but here we have to choose from the menu. Portion and type of food are per-determined according to bfast sets. I really don't like this type of breakfast.

So like everyone else's review, it's good enough for a one-night stopper. But to come back to this hotel which does not provide buffet breakfast, no thanks.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank snk_ks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
KUL
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I traveled for almost 4 hour from KL with my kids and we were looking forward to have a nice so called resort to enjoy. Once we arrived to the entrance of the so called resort , we were shocked to find out that the place that we are going to stay is totally not what we have seen through the edited internet pictures. I totally agreed with 1Pin that mentioned the whole building is running down and need a major paint work. The air cond was too noisy till we have to slot in some cotton bud in our ears. My kids keep on asking me to check out as it is totally not what we were expecting. The swimming pool is ok but not deep enough for adult. The lobby and the cafe was dark and gloomy.The location is good as it is just a walking distance to the lumut town .The only thing to compliment is the staff which are okay and helpful and I do pity them to work in this condition.
To the management of Blue Bay Resort Lumut, please buck up and invest some cash for paint work as to please your customers so that whoever might stay in this hotel in the future will not change the name to 'Heart Break Hotel".

Room Tip: Repair or replace all the junk A/C. and TV set.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank JayHisham

Travellers are raving about these Lumut hotels

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Bit run down and needs painting on the building itself. Carpark below the swimming pool area seems to have water proofing problem. Can see stalactite at the carpark area.

Rooms are ok clean. Swimming pool..is a different story. Have two swimming pool at this facility. the deeper pool is clean. The baby pool is a bit green.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 1Pin
Malaysia
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Booked the Blue Bay because nothing else seemed to be available. Had not expected much but was pleased to find that the room was clean, the floor had recently been refurbished from the old carpeting to a new tiled floor (tiled floors or floors made with engineered hardwood are becoming the norm at Malaysian beach resorts).

Unfortunately, that's not the only thing that needs refurbishment. The curtains had a tear in them and my sheets--though clean--were threadbare. The pool tiles should be completely redone. All furnishings are old and need to be replaced. Based on other reviews, I had expected thin and dirty towels and had brought my own, but that was not the case. The towels were a little grey with age but thick enough for this class of hotel.

The bathrooms need to be refurbished completely. The night of my stay, two small cockroaches emerged from under the waste bin while I was in the bathroom. That is just unacceptable.

The place is rather run-down (the fact that the car-park is partially situated under the swimming pool does not help) and also includes some privately-owned apartments.

The room info at booking time was too scant. I had no idea whether there would be a kettle for water, cups or a mini-fridge in the room, or whether we would be given breakfast. To my pleasant surprise, all of this was included in the room rate (at just about RM100).

The Front Desk staff are extremely friendly and helpful. However, it appears they do not know their rooms well. The receptionist told us that we had rooms facing the sea and the swimming pool but our view turned out to be the pool and more of the water treatment plant than the sea, unfortunately.

Location-wise, this "resort" is great because it is within walking distance of the jetty, the town and food stalls. A back door leads to a waterfront park which we did not have time to check out. Opposite of the Blue Bay are some shops selling local dried seafood products.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Canada, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I've spent 3 nights in the hotel with my family. My children enjoyed the kid pool so much, it was clean and spacious. It's location is just 3min walk to the pangkor jetty and along the walk to the jetty there is a huge nice park that we have really admired.We spent our whole evening there, my children just loved the playground. The hotel staffs were helpful and friendly. I loved the buffet breakfast, although its a simple one. Room is spacious and clean. Overall, I am satisfied with the room and service provided plus it's budget!!! I would love to come back again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Gemaine
malaysia
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Good service from the front desk for our check in. The room is spacious and clean. Just behind the hotel is the esplanade along the waterfront which is lovely during the evening with the sunset and the big ship at the estuary. Eateries just opposite the hotel. Serves good "wantan noodles" and black coffee. Walking distance to the jetty, town centre and the yacht club. Baby pool is good for children.

Room Tip: Connecting room is good for families. Deluxe room has king size bed and directly facing the sea.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank spvoon
Malaysia
Reviewed 28 January 2012

we stay at this hotel for one night. Overall the service is ok and food is just nice... Only the towel is quite dirty to us. We have change twice instead.

Room Tip: Deluxe room will be better for family travel with kids.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family