“Amazing hospitality by Tiger Rock Team + Gorgeous Setting”
Review of Tiger Rock

Tiger Rock
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Tiger Rock in Pangkor is an amazingly beautiful experience. The hospitality of Mr Mohon and his wife Mrs. Bavani is warm and gracious. The setting is extraordinary. A cozy dining experience set in a garden atmosphere overlooking the infinity pool and the rain forest is a beautiful way to enjoy the fresh and delicious cuisine. Every meal is made with loving care and it shows. The lounge chairs are comfortable and set in a lovely garden surrounding the pool. Our room was private and spacious: light-filled and colorful, with a gorgeous ceramic bath tub, we enjoyed the quiet and the beauty so much. Families with small children were also there and it was a very friendly atmosphere. I'm from the States and my husband is Australian; we have lived and traveled in Asia for 30 years and never experienced anything as unique, beautiful and hospitable as Tiger Rock.

Room Tip: Some rooms are closer to the dining area and pool than others. The walk to the top where we stayed...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Stayed 3 nights at Tiger Rock. The interior was warm and homely. No complaint about the services provided by the care taker. But Tiger Rock is not for every one. If you do not mind walking smack right into spider webs, the possibility of finding a snake in your room when you return from dinner,scorpions hiding in your shoes, sharing the grounds with vipers, cobras and pythons, spiders crawling on the wall while you are taking your shower and last but not least loads of mosquitoes to keep you company then give it a try. As for me, it is too close to nature for comfort and relaxation.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank wen468
TigerRock, Owner at Tiger Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Tiger Rock is an award winning Eco Resort & offers a very real tropical jungle experience. This comes with all the wildlife (big & small) that lives in the territory. At Tiger Rock we have always been mindful of our natural ecosystem & we avoid using strong chemicals that effect a whole chain of life from insects, to the animals that eat them. We put coils in all the public areas & have insect repellent available for all guests. Many guests arrive with a phobia for snakes, spiders & lizards but most leave us with an acquired acceptance that most of these creatures are more scared of us than we are of them. Please find our Facebook page & see the pics of some of our amazing snakes I put up at the beginning of this year- The Year of The Snake.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Living with the jungle all around, but still having a luxurious time is quite unique. Tiger Rock is a fantastic place and the team working there too.

The food has to be mentioned. It was delicious! We stayed for 6 days and none of the courses were alike and all were great! Fish, beef, chicken, vegetables, you name it - it was all great! We are waiting for the Tiger Rock cookbook!

The rooms are large and the pool area is very nice - the only thing that could have been a bit better is the tennis court. The ground cover needs some upgrading.

Both the keeper and his team were extremely service minded. They organised sight seeing trip around the island, transportation to the beaches on the west side, etc - making ready a bag with water and towels if needed. When it for a short period seemed to be a bit crowded after the owners arrived with family and friends, the keeper and the owners sorted it out really nice, leaving us with enough space so that we fully could enjoy Tiger Rock. They were very considerate.

We will definitely recommend Tiger Rock to friends and whoever that would be interested. We might even show up again at a later time!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2012

My family & I stayed at Tiger Rock for only 1 night, this was not long enough.
The accommodation was perfect , plenty of room, very quirky but also felt very homely.
The service & food was exceptional , I have never experienced anything better.
We will be back but will stay longer , next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank PeachesKualaLumpur
Reviewed 26 November 2012

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Tiger Rock with our friends and their children (13 of us) . Our group had the whole place to ourselves and had a lovely time . It is a unique experience that should be experienced by adventurous nature-loving people. Be prepared to bump into some interesting wildlife.The rooms are rustic and bohemian, eclectic style pops to mind. What makes this place stand out is Mohan Kasi's warm , personal hospitality. On our last day, Mohan even took the trouble to help us to get the dried seafood for which Pangkor is famous.He really did not have to! We enjoyed many chats with him ...he has a great knowledge of the flora and fauna of the place. Bavanni 's meals made me feel I was dining in someone's private kitchen ..fresh, tasty, healthy. We enjoyed the lovely pool. Our group did the short jungle hike to a secluded beach and a boat trip round the island . Mainly we just wanted to enjoy the property and we whiled away our time there very pleasantly! My husband and I stayed in the studio room ..perfect for a couple or a couple with a child. the doors open up into a private garden. Some of our friends had to walk up the hill house a bit further . Lots of exercise because of steps everywhere! But our group was large and we used every living area throughout our weekend eg the library pavillion or the hill house pavillion . How can we forget the resident dogs , Coco and Pepper, who are very well behaved and quiet . I must say this place is not for people who want all creature comforts and facilities in luxury- resort style. Be open to its concept. Its unique offering is beyond all that and ought not to be missed.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2012

This is my 4th visit to Tiger Rock and it won't be my last! Every time I go there, the fantastic experience I enjoy does not diminish and I never cease to be amazed by everything this resort represents.

I went for four wonderful days with my girlfriend and father. What you are spending your money on is a unique blend of superlative service and the most incredible food, all set safely within a tranquil jungle setting that is cut off from the usual day-to-day bustle of typical modern living. Mohan Kasi, who manages the resort, provides you with the most personal service you will ever experience. Amongst his team are his wife Bavanni, who prepares and serves the freshest and tastiest food you can enjoy, sourced locally and sustainably, as well as various other members of staff who will enhance your stay.

During your visit to Tiger Rock you are transported back in time to an age of natural slow order and serenity where the most demanding of decisions seem to be limited to things like "Shall I have another dip in the pool? Shall I unwind and listen to the jungle sounds all around me? Shall I have a drink? Or shall I enjoy all three at the same time?!" Accommodation is rustic and traditional yet scrupulously clean. You can spend time relaxing at the resort or exploring the jungle paths within it. Nature is all about you. Expect to experience animals, birds, various creatures, reptiles and other wildlife but also expect to be totally safe. Tiger Rock is not for people who unnecessarily fuss about these things and who would be better off in a sanitised manicured resort setting!

You are not paying for a state-of-the-art modern boutique hotel; you are paying for probably the best service in the world with food way beyond what any five star hotel with a Michelin chef can offer, all within a unique jungle backdrop, where you are living right amongst primary rainforest nature.

If you wish to explore the island during your stay there are many activities which Mohan can lay on for you such as round-the-island trips, temple visits, experiencing time around the boat-building and local fishing industries, shopping and bargaining in the wonderfully timeless and traditional local shops, snorkelling and other water sports or arranging for you to be dropped off by boat to spend the day on your own isolated beach with a packed picnic and no-one else but nature for company and then being picked up at a time to suit you.

As the son of expat parents, who was born in Malaysia, I've been coming to Pangkor island since 1955 when it had a track road between the two fishing villages and a one mile sandy road from the east side to the west side and only one taxi! While some things have inevitably changed and the island has certainly modernised to some extent, much of it, along with many of the remaining simple buildings and the way of life, are the same as they were back then. If you hanker after these things, which are rarely found and experienced today, then Tiger Rock will not disappoint. I am certainly looking forward to my next trip there.

Room Tip: If you want to be totally isolated from the main Pool House choose one of the Hill House rooms, howe...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I stayed at the lovely Tiger Rock from 2nd November to 7th November with my partner and his father. Both my partner and his father had stayed at Tiger Rock before and I had heard wonderful things about the place. I have to say it lived up to all the expections and more.
Service, food, accommodation were amazing. I have totally fallen in love with Tiger Rock. A truely unforgetable experience. We will be back soon, i promise :)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pangkor
Coral Bay Resort, Pangkor
Pangkor Waterfall Beach Resort
Ombak Inn Resort
Ombak Inn Resort
#5 of 27 in Pangkor

Been to Tiger Rock? Share your experiences!