Best Stay Hotel Pangkor Island
Quan Fu Hotel(Pangkor)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewsno liftbigger roomwalking distancewater dispenserupon requestsmall islandfree wifitwo nightschannelsbeachesjettycleanlinesscons
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I'm expecting a very clean hotel and this hotel nailed it. I took the room at the back which is facing the mosque. I don't feel its noisy though. They have filtered hot and room temperature water outside the room. Bathroom is clean with hot water shower. Clean towel, shampoo and shower gel provided. LCD TV have movie channel round the clock. You need to climb stairs to your room.

From Jetty to hotel is a short walk. You might feel the traffic a bit intimidating due to lack of pedestrian walk but actually its ok once you get passed the bridge.

Food is everywhere. In town which is the right side of the hotel when you walk out, you have nice chicken/duck rice. The curry mee is same as the one in Kuala Lumpur. On the left hand side of the hotel, you also can find some hawker food. I heard the curry mee not bad.

Town will be decorated with lights at night but most of the shop closed. I saw a shop open but I didn't go in.

Room Tip: Room behind facing mosque. You might get morning call. But if you soundly asleep, I don't think you'll wake up. Front room is a lot of traffic like motorcycle. I didn't know if its really that noisy. But I probably think it is.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kiankok
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We were delighted with our few nights at Simon's BestStay hotel in Pangkor township, just a short walk from the ferry. It is a simple place, but all we needed. Everything was very clean and the shower was exceptional. We didn't have a window, but were out all day exploring the island, the best thing to do. I think other rooms may have had windows, but were noisier. Very few budget priced hotels have window views. Was it around $25-$30 - not sure. Bikes were available for hire and the hotel management was happy to try and accommodate every whim. They even drove us here and there if they were free. Unfortunately, the pillows were too high for me, a problem I found all over Malaysia. They are only trying to give us the best! There was a big self-service laundry and drying area. The mosque is close by, so there is the call to prayer, but we were getting used to this by now. A $10 taxi ride will take you to the beaches further round the island, but a closer beach is a good walk away. You can also take a long walk to the Dutch Fort or up to the Buddhist temple. We found Pangkor Curry House just near the ferry a great place for breakfast. Nothing like a good roti pisang! I'd be very happy to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have a windows, but are closer to the mosque. Rooms at the front are closer to the motorbikes on the road.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara H
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Nice family ambience. Room are clean nd staff are friendly. Close to town but need a cab to the nearest beach. Overall rating - very good! From William, Adeline, Elaine, Eunice, Vtik

Room Tip: Use your common sense
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Adeline_leek
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I spent 4 nights in the "apartments" of BESTSTAY with 50 travel-mates. We just finished traveling around the world for 11 months and BESTSTAY really has been one of the BEST. The hotel is clean, spacious, GREAT AirCon, wonderfully fast internet. And my favorite, the owners. Probably the most helpful and happy couple ever. They hooked us up with amazing places to eat, spend our time, rent motos etc. If you are coming to Pangkor Island, I highly recommend BESTSTAY!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nicole R
Reviewed 7 June 2012

If that option would be there. The hotel is good, but I think it is a bit pricey. There are cheaper and equal or better quality options on Pangkor and in Malaysia I think.

Had a single room, which was fine and clean with a good bathroom. Tv included with 2 channels with movies rolling (seems to be an island thing, cause had that to in another hotel) which is a nice touch. Staff working is also very friendly. Location is a few minutes walk from the ferry, but stayed here only 1 night because I wanted to stay closer to the beach.

As I said, I think the price is a bit high for a single room, since I now have a bungalow close to the beach for about the same price. That said I don't want to be negative about the hotel, because of the friendly staff and clean room. The wifi is a bit slow though and one thing that was a bit annoying is the fact that when there are people sitting in the lobby and having a good time, you can basicly hear everything to the letter on the first floor in your room. They stopped at 0030 so I was fine with it, but still.

I had a nice stay for a night, but would personally go for options closer to the beach. If you wan't to be close to the ferry, this is probably the best choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo