“Dissatisfied!”

Teluk Dalam Resort
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Pangkor
“Dissatisfied!”
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I went to Teluk Dalam Resort on July 2011. We were greet by unfriendly receptionist, who told us that our rooms still haven't ready yet. Our rooms were horrible, sagging bed lamp, stained bedsheet, and old pillow (you can see the poor state of the pillow you don't want to sleep on it) The pool is nice. The beach is great. The breakfast was okay. Except that a fee staff at the restaurant were very rude they were making fun of my little brother because of the way he dressed. Well it is so inappropriate to making fun of your hostess behind their back. And the chef who prepared the roti canai also was so cold, i never met staff so terrible like this resort. I will not recommend it to anyone. Tq!

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank Puteri1984

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 June 2011

My family chose Teluk Dalam because the photos showed beautiful scenery and traditional architecture, which seems really promising. Alas, the resort did not live up to our expectations as the place was poorly maintained. First of all, there was no decent place to sit in the living room of the 'bungalow' we rented. Only 2 rattan single chairs which were hard and uncomfortable, not to mention missing cushions from one of them. Next, the bathroom, there was green moss breeding inside the shower head. Imagine the disgust everytime you bath! All the doors in the house have not been maintained as they cannot be opened and close without a little more force. The devices in the rooms are falling apart and tv channels the resort does not bother to fix are so blur. Apart from that, families with as many as 8 to 10 members are allowed to live in the bungalows so the veranda is full of clothes and towels drying. Worst of all, adults and little kids enter the public pool fully clothed which pose a great health hazard! The outdoor tennis court mentioned in one of the websites was weared by weather.The beach at Teluk Dalam is not the prettiest, but it is no big deal as a beautiful beach is accessible by a boat ride just 10 minutes away at Coral Island. However, I applaud the management's effort to welcome their guests and conduct regular motorcycle trips around the resort to enhance safety. I also wished that spa services and more food options were provided there. In all, Teluk Dalam has the potential to be more successful with better maintenance & maybe staffs that speak better english.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank macaroonsncrepes

Travellers are raving about these Pangkor hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 April 2011

the resort is located bit far from the town. but no worries, you may round the island for an hour. its just a small island with very nice people. the resort has private beach, provide facilities such as snorkeling, bicycle, motorcycle rental. the restaurant provide delicious buffet and it is very clean. during our vacation, most of the staff there is trainer from local universities, they are young, well trained and professional. they treat you very nicely, and most of the chef is good chef. even the rooms is cleaned by the trainer.

the resort has very big accommodation, they even offered team buildings.

it is well satisfy our needs and is highly recommended for those prefer to be out of crowd, need privacy, prefer quiet and calm places.

for those prefer crowd places, you may go to Pasir Bogak, the beach is bit dirty but is good for family vacation.

Room Tip: direct online booking to the resort website.
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fanaz8690
shah alam
Reviewed 24 January 2011

we spent only 1 night at cempaka challet of Teluk Dalam Resort. There were 20 people of us reunited for family gathering. We reached at the Resort at 6pm and two of our rooms are still not ready. The room cleanliness is not up to my standard. The furniture is outdated and rooms are dusty. Breakfast is ok with the price charged. Luckily they have quite a nice pool for my kids and they enjoyed splashing with their cousins.

If you are looking for a nice place to relax or for honeymoon, this is definitely not a place to stay!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank mas1503
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I've been to Teluk Dalam Resort last weekend..with my office mate. Arrive at Teluk Dalam Jetty around 12noon..transfer to resort by van..arrive at resort, then we check in to our room - melati chalet..
We enjoy our meals with delicious food at very nice sea view restaurant..The swimming pool is quit large and the beach also look good..Resort staff is friendly and helpful. Night entertainment - we have fun at underground karaoke lounge named Pentas Bangsawan. Sing a song without paid anything..
watersport activities - Transfer arrange by resort. Enjoy banana boat ride, airhead,jetski, snokeling and island trip with reasonable prices...

I think this resort is okay and suit to enjoy your holiday with family and friends.
surrounding area is very beautiful and windy...Relax and full of privacy..

we already have friend there..and they very helpful and friendly..You can try it by yourself..

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Adyp89
Reviewed 24 July 2010

250pax for a room without hot shower, poor furnishing. not-nice mudddy beach, staff with a little experience about the island . Far from shops / marketplace.

• Stayed October 2010
3 Thank Deviace
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 May 2010

The management is very irresponsible when it comes to customers needs. They could not attend to me and droped the issue inconsiderately. What I'm very dissapointed at is that it involves money. Huge amount of it. Recently, I had a private event at teluk dalam for 250pax. As the host, I have marked up the price from my guests. The management is responsible to hold my money for a certain period untill I retrieve it from them before i leave Teluk Dalam. But, they seem to ignore my request and gave inappropriate reasons that i just can't accept. I have tried to reach the management but I was ignored over and again. It has been one (1) month now and i still havn't receive any feedback from the management concerning my money. I was left with no choice but to write here. I hope, enahakim could get back to me(nas_alyssa@hotmail.com) as this is a serious matter. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank NasAlyssa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pangkor
Coral Bay Resort, Pangkor
Anjungan Beach Resort
#3 of 27 in Pangkor
Pangkor Waterfall Beach Resort
Pangkor Laut Resort

Been to Teluk Dalam Resort? Share your experiences!