“Pants...”

Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Pangkor
Manchester
“Pants...”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This place is rubbish, where should I begin

Chalets and general grounds poorly maintained - flies everywhere in the room
Rubbish strewn across the beach and the grounds
Sewer pipes running into the sea next to the hotel
Pool was murky at best - though debris free

Poor choice of food in the restaurant - Nasi Goreng or Chicken Chop..tough choice given by a very surly waitress - were not made to feel welcome in the restaurant at all.

That said the receptionist was always efficient and helpful

Breakfast was better in terms of choice, though the large swarm of flies on many of the dishes was somewhat off putting (don't eat the noodles)

The resort is remote with little options for transport into the main town, that's fine but the hotel shop was closed the entire time we were there so if you needed anything you were stuck.

In summary, my girlfriend and I could not wait to leave, thank goodness it was only for a short break...we will never be coming back

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dan_Traffic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
Selangor
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I went to Pangkor last weekend unplanned, booked Teluk Dalam Resort through an agent at Lumut, took a ferry, rented a car & drove straight to the resort. It was what I expected, old & drab resort seriously need a major refurbishment. Not only the facilities look tired, some of the staffs were showing signs of weariness as well. I took quad chalet, quite comfy for 4 or more people, nice looking chalet from the outside, but once you are nearer, you can see a telltale of a rundown facilities right on the spot. Once I entered the chalet, the sight confirmed my guesses. Wood chipped here and there, stained & worn out curtains, creaky rattan settee, rusty bathtub with broken shower heads, I even found a bloodstain on the bed sheet!! I was tired from the travelling I just don’t want to complain at that time. I chose TDR because I want privacy; far away from the crowd at other places in Pangkor. It was quiet & serene if not many people around. But you’ll get tired easily just by looking at the facilities around you. If I list down the poorly maintained facilities at TDR, it will never end. It seems that TDR caters to big groups organizing family day or team building, not focusing to offer comfort to couple or small group of customers expecting a relaxing holiday with the loved ones. The resort itself is located close to the bay area; therefore the water is calmer, not much big waves to clean out the impurities in the water so it gets dirty & emits strange smell at times. I dare not swim there so I went out & swam at Nipah Bay beach instead.

I would like to advice those who want to take an excursion to Pulau Pangkor, please, please, please avoid going there during Malaysia public holiday, it might be the worst experience you have in your lifetime. Usually, I went there during normal weekend where I can enjoy the beach by myself, especially early in the morning. I would like to try Pangkor Island Beach Resort next time; many said it’s a better option in Pangkor.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NJQistina

Travellers are raving about these Pangkor hotels

Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We have 4 ppl, My friend helped us booked the Chalet Seaview due to Raya Fully Booked. They want us to add on 2 extra beds, total room charges: RM450!!! It is totally overpriced...

We request a hair dryer, after called to customer services about 3-4 times, they only send it to us.. The hair dryer was old and looks like will exploded anytime..

Breakfast time is from 7-9am.. And we missed it! Hotel is far away from town, u need to have transport else you are hard to get out from hotel.

The day when we want to go back to mainland, we request to go Pangkor Jetty by shutter vanand they charge us RM20. It is reasonable as Taxi need Rm30.

If you need a place to relax, this is the place recommend to you. But you need some place more happening, then better go to other hotel..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Last minute trip to Pangkor. Hotel do have own ferry, save the hassel of queing as Raya crowd was frightening. Room was not properly maintained, no towel, spolit tv & room safe, even the phone are not working. But still ok for me as i am not there for the tv and safe. Beach is clean but not the swimming pool. I suspect they has not have any deep cleaning for long time. Went to the coffee house for dinner. Good service but the food are below avarage, they should have serve Malay food instead of cooking too much Chinese dishes. RM 30 for buffet dinner. Breakfast was ok but with limited choice. Overall can be better if they live it simple.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Honestly this is our first family outing to Pangkor Island which I should say that is the worst ever island trip. I would have expected the crowd due to the peak season being the half-term school holiday but not the frustration. First the resort itself is not properly maintained. The concept & layout should ideally be marvelous since it is based on cozy "kampung" environment but very poorly maintained! The Tanjung chalet seaview was the one that we booked. Yup, view is breath-taking as it is facing the sea but the room was terrible. Air-conditioner not functioning, the sink is leaking here & there, the safety box is out of order, the TV was so small for a big room & with only 3 channels for you to view, the bed squeaks & the worst of all is that there was mosquitoes everywhere. The swimming pool is ok & my son loves it so much. The snorkeling trip that we took was so overpriced. There is no fish for you to see & the Coral beach were flooded with people that makes the fishes all run away!!!!! We rented a car & even the car have to be changed twice due to breakdown & problems. I felt really bad suggesting this place to my family instead of Pangkor Laut Resort. My recommendations to anyone who wishes to visit Pangkor Island, please choose other resorts...Pangkor Island Resort was better but you need to book early to avoid frustrations & never go to Pangkor Island during school holiday!

Room Tip: Tanjung seaview chalet was the best amongst the worst:(
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank evazmieza
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed here for 3 days. The hotel has its own beach. But it is mostly muddy. The rooms are right front of the beach and one can have a good scenery in the morning. The swimming pool is well maintained and fun to play with. The breakfast is average. The hotel is situated near Pangkor airport and you can see flight landing and take-off very near. This is situated far from the main area of pangkor so you need to take a cab if you wanna go and enjoy outside.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Kuantan, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Well, what i can say is, if you visit Pangkor and want a calm and cozy place, this is a good place to go.

You don't have to queue in Lumut jetty because they provide their own ferry to the resort.Shuttle provided from jetty.

The swimming pool is nicely maintained, receptionist always smile, the food is good, very cozy room and trust me, the price is very reasonable.Hope I can visit this resort again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple