“I'm not enjoying the trip”
Review of Teluk Dalam Resort

Teluk Dalam Resort
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Pangkor
Reviewed 24 July 2010

250pax for a room without hot shower, poor furnishing. not-nice mudddy beach, staff with a little experience about the island . Far from shops / marketplace.

3  Thank Deviace

Reviewed 12 May 2010

The management is very irresponsible when it comes to customers needs. They could not attend to me and droped the issue inconsiderately. What I'm very dissapointed at is that it involves money. Huge amount of it. Recently, I had a private event at teluk dalam for 250pax. As the host, I have marked up the price from my guests. The management is responsible to hold my money for a certain period untill I retrieve it from them before i leave Teluk Dalam. But, they seem to ignore my request and gave inappropriate reasons that i just can't accept. I have tried to reach the management but I was ignored over and again. It has been one (1) month now and i still havn't receive any feedback from the management concerning my money. I was left with no choice but to write here. I hope, enahakim could get back to me(nas_alyssa@hotmail.com) as this is a serious matter. Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank NasAlyssa
Reviewed 31 December 2009

This is not a hotel for tourist or family. Please don't go or it will spoil your holiday!!!
This is a hotel with nice ground but badly managed. We were charged RM 220 per night for a horrible stay. We dragged or luggages through sandy and uneven road ...a long way to our room. We were given a room with everything broken, cupboard door dropping, bedside lamp without lampshade..divan with torn fabric cover ..etc. When we called the reception from our room, no one answer the phone. So we have to walk a long way from room to front desk to request for a room changed. The 2nd room was full of dust, mattress that you could feel the spring poking your back bone and sunken in the middle. Pillow was made of small pieces of sponges, with yellow stainned. Wash basin is another horror...black substance kept floating out from the bottom of the tap while the water's running. The whole chalet is like it has not been maintained for many years...light was dim ..aircond not cold, lumpy pillow..super old mattress ...We couldn't sleep for the whole night and couldn't wait but to check out 1st thing in the morning.
Please have a look at the pictures attached, it speaks louder than words.
To the hotel..i would like to say....if you would like to stay at the stage that you are..it is fine...but please don't open this place for tourist or individual traveller. What wil the tourist think about hospitality in malaysia if they stayed in your place.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank Enjoyin
Reviewed 2 March 2009

I went there during Christmas holiday last year..I strongly recommend this place because of its privacy. After spending one whole day on the beach and snorkelling sight seeing,of course we need a rest, then...we can have it there. We can also bring big luggages because we dont have to carry those luggages ourselves..the staff will arrange it. The beach is not for swimming because it is muddy but there's no big problem since we can get a taxi and go to other part of the island. The most important thing is we can have a calm and relaxing time after experiencing this and that activities...that's what we count for a holiday trip,right?

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank asu1303
Reviewed 18 February 2009

I stayed there during 6-8 February and they obviously realised from my card that I was from UK so did a card fraud and charged me twice. Now they don’t even respond so it will be a long process of recovering my money.

Beach was not clean and the reception staff quite unhelpful but worst of all, they do card fraud so beware and avoid at all costs.
Last year I went to Damai Luat which are close by and much better.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank scoot_eruk007
Reviewed 27 January 2009

We had just come back from a 3 Days 2 Night holiday at Teluk Dalam Resort. All you have to do once you were in Lumut there is to find the registration counter at the jetty and just bought the return transfer ferry tickets whish is at RM 19.00 for Adult and RM 13.00 for children. The journey from Lumut takes about 15 - 20 minutes. Do not worry about your luggage since it will be tagged and it will be send right to your doorstep. My parents especially luv the chalet (2 Bedrooms) that we are staying in. It is very cozy. They especially like the 'Kelarai' , it is actually a weave dried leaves which is used to cover the ceiling of the chalet plus also the wooden flooring which makes the chalet cool even the weather is hot outside. We are family of 8 and it is very comfortable having 2 bedrooms and 2 restrooms in one chalet. We have been to the pool and i have to agreed with the past reviews that the pool is unkept. I would also love to see that the bar at the pool being opened so that the guest can have some nibbles or drinks while they are at the pool. As for the dining, we find it cheap here rather than to compare to the 4 star rating hotel/ resort. Breakfast is only priced at RM 20.00nett and dinner is only at RM 30.00nett. We have tried the breakfast and we find the varieties is reasonable ranging from local to the western. Last but not least, Do not be surprised if the person you met in the Ferry turns up to be the owner of the Resorts.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Luv2Conquer
Reviewed 12 January 2009

Normally I wouldn't review a hotel online unless the hotel couldn't live up to its basic advertising or expectations.

This hotel has been listed on many websites as a 4 star hotel. There is a lot which needs to be done to get it up to that standard.

We stayed at the hotel for 3 days, 2 nights. Firstly, the ferry that shuttles from Lumut to Pangkor is approximately 2 hours. We missed the ferry by merely 2 minutes and had to learn the hard way. Luckily, there was the public ferry which leaves almost every half hour to the Pangkor town (where we had to pay RM 20 for a taxi to the hotel).

Our booking was for a Bungalow with 2 rooms, a living area and a kitchenette. Here are the things we found:

The Minus:-

1) Hotel room phone does not work.
2) Request for toilet paper took more than 2 hours to arrive.
3) Breakfast was limited in choice, not very fresh and flies all over. Don't touch the cheese, it was sweating and flies were stuck to them.
4) A-la-carte menu are charged a 4-star hotel price (approx RM 22++ for fried rice), not too appealing for what we received.
5) The bar / lounge area was not stocked with liquor, no one seemed to work there?
6) Rooms were old and timber worn out. Upgrade is sorely needed. Throughout the day and night, we could hear loud sounds of water leaking atop the roof (either tap or water heater) but couldn't figure where/how.
7) Our safe could not open, we asked front desk to send for housekeeping around 10pm. Waited, waited, waited.. no one turned up. All our valuables were in there. Next morning, asked a staff who happened to drop off the paper, he assisted to get housekeeping (thank goodness, and thanks to him we had our belongings back!)
8) Tiles broken around the pool and walkways.
9) Far from town. Costs RM15 to Teluk Nipah (one way) and RM 20 to town (1 way). Very expensive as it's a short trip.
10) Their private beach was absolutely a turn-off. A lot of twigs, pastic bags and even a small PVC handbag. Please clean it up! It's the main attraction to a beach resort and it's sad to see it at such a state of neglect.

The Plus:-
1) There's very good mobile phone reception. A mobile towel is located in front of the bungalows. Not too sure if this is seen as positive or negative since telco towers are considered by some to emit unhealthy rays.
2) Free wi-fi internet (strongest at lobby), tried with using my smartphone. They have a PC at lobby for use, chargeable by hour.
3) Front desk staff are always friendly (even if they don't manage to get housekeeping to deliver).
4) Other staff (not all though) are a little lost in their own world.
5) Old but lovely pool. Hopefully they'll repair some of the broken tiles and covers to the pool area. The pool bar is empty, unused and dirty.... if it were open, would have been lovely.
6) If you're lucky, you'll see their Hornbill. Pretty thing.

My recommendation: Stay in Teluk Nipah or somewhere else. I wouldn't go back there.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank janicetan13