“Comfortable stay but poor facility”

Seagull Beach Resort
Seagull Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Pangkor
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
“Comfortable stay but poor facility”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I and my friends arrived at the resort at 12.00 and they said that we can check in at 12.30.However,we have to wait till 3 PM to checked in.Thankfully they gave us big rooms which can occupied around 6-7 people although there are only 4 of us. The water heater not working and also the television, only 2 channels available.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank kumiko_88

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I visited here for one night and stay was quite comfortable for the money I paid. If you compare this resort with other cheap resorts nearby this place offered best value. For sure room was very basic but most important things were working (ac, hot shower) and service. Room was clean but bedding's could be more clean.

I have to say that staff was very helpful they even offered to loan money since nearest atm is far away. Also they were very talkative and nice in general. Also this place has beer available in lobby, some other nearby establishments have forbidden to bring alcohol to their premises.

Location is bit away from beach but place is more peaceful because of this. Internet is available but costs to use. In general not bad place but not great either just average budget resort.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank Kuluttaja
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 February 2012

i had worst experience ever :(
very bad service,rude owner,far yet very small cabin/room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
13 Thank cinta_alamaya

Travellers are raving about these Pangkor hotels

Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Mold on the wall, smelly room and not clean...Thank you, but NO thank you!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Stavanger_fam
Penang
Reviewed 15 January 2012

The location of this resort is just great. not too near to the main road whereby at night there is an open air karaoke. The owner was kind enough to pick us from jetty and give us some guidelines on purchasing seafood goods and where to go so we will not get conned by the locals. The room was great with 2beds and a joint door so 8 of us can stay connected easily. Will pay another visit in near future

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank MissyIb
Klang
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I booked your so called (A RETREAT HAVEN) from 23/7/2011 to 25/07/2011 ,our actual check out time was 1200 hrs (25/07/2011)but left around 1000hrs, because we were extremely disappointed with the condition of the room and the extremely disappointed with the cleanliness of the the toilet, I booked your resort because my neighbor recommended but I felt I HAVE disappointed my good friend's family ,they probably did not complain because they did not want to hurt me......but I felt quilty pls. the check the condition of the toilet in room 17 .and the a/c not functioning well.

I am a frequent traveler ,and I normally settle the final payment when I CHECK OUT not when we check in(as per your request),the rooms did not have a cupboard/dressing table at all ,would you check in if these facilities are not available .and its you duty to ensure all these facilities exist, the only reason I tolerated was because I do not want to create a scene and spoil my family's mood.

please do not this to any other customers because I BELIEVE EVEN JESUS will not forgive you.....AND DEFINITELY I WILL NOT RECOMMEND TO ANY ONE IN FUTURE.... mine is hard earned money so have a thought for me.....as for others please do not be convinced by the the sweet talk by the owner MR.TAN plsssssss check the rooms before paying any deposit. no apologies please the damage has been done.....

A CHEATED CLIENT...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank rasamuthusuppiah
Tokyo
Reviewed 15 February 2011

We stayed here for three nights at 40 ringgits for a double.
It's a short walk to Teluk Nipah Beach but I would recommend you to walk a bit further to Coral Beach as they are cutting down the tree & building a lot of concrete eyesores in their place.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple