So first, this is not Sarkies' Corner but the new addition to Eastern and Oriental Hotel Penang, called Sarkies!!
Somebody will have to explain to me why the manager thought is was a good idea to call their new restaurant the same name than the other one, that later being still opened!! Very confusing...
So when you go there, please make sure to ask for the new buffet restaurant in the new wing (the other one being a cafe in the old wing).
As I cannot find the new Sarkies restaurant on trip advisor yet, I have no choice but to post it in Sarkies' corner. Sorry for that...
So, review of the new Sarkies:
This is a buffet restaurant.
- Very good value for money.
- Great food variety and quality (freshly cooked seafood, sushi, eastern and western food, italian pastas and asian noodles stations, grill station, salad bar). Nice selection of meat, fish, chinese food. Some western and some Malaysian dishes (such as fish redang). You will need to try the Penang version of Char Kway Teow (a bit spicy though if you are not used to asian food). The most difficult is choosing what you are going to eat as everything looks so delicious!
- Beautiful desert selection with mini tarts, macarons, ice creams and all sorts of cakes (some local deserts too).
- Great setting and good feeling.
Not so good:
- The service was a bit slow and not very attentive (needed to call a few times to get a fork for our daughter, waited 5mins to be seated when there were a few tables available). But this was not a big issue as being a buffet style restaurant you are getting your own food...
I definitely recommend this restaurant if you are planning to visit the historic center of Penang.
As we had booked an hotel on Batu Ferringhi's beach, we had lunch there and visited the historic center in the afternoon. We had a great lunch and the historic center is only 5 minutes walking distance... which is good and help digestion!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.