“I LOVE the Shanghai dumplings”
Review of Dragon-i

Dragon-i
Ranked #535 of 1,016 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My fiancee and I have eaten at several Dragon restaurants in Malaysia (KL and Penang) over the past few years (I guess it is a chain). I am completely obsessed with the soup filled dumplings that I believe are called Shanghai dumplings. They are the most delicious thing on the planet! Everytime I go to Malaysia, I have to have these. They tell me they don't have MSG in them (monosodium glutamate),but I'm not sure about that. I am allergic to MSG and get a headache when I have food containing it. I got a headache each time after eating the dumplings, but I DON'T CARE -- they are so delicious. All the other food was delicious as well.

1  Thank Mark M

Reviewed 18 March 2014

we were looking for something other than western food in this shopping mall,this place was clean and the food was delicious.

1  Thank nicolas p
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We ordered their xiao long bao, sea food fried rice and beef lamien no spicy.
Lamien is very tasty even for my little girl.
My wife order the fried rice, its portion is big enough for 2.
just like the other chinese restaurant, there is a little bit noisy.
Food is good,very well service, price is fair while they charged you for the wet napkins.

1  Thank HANRY_WOO
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My usual favourite: Xiao Long Bao, stir fried diced chicken with dried chilli, ramen, custard bun and char koay kak. Don't go for those fried rice as it's not worth it. U can order the plain ramen and a few side dishes to share. Do try their specialty drinks.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

For travellers like me who have enjoyed Chinese (particularly Cantonese food) in their whole life, the food served by Dragon-i is not unique. Quality of food is pretty good especially the "Xiao Long Bao", which comes with the vinegar and ginger without prompting. The skin was thick enough to hold the soup but not excessively chewy.

We also ordered the fried garoupa that tasted decently Cantonese but priced pretty high for something served in Malaysia. You may not want to try this if on a budget. It was a shame that their flower tea had very limited choices that day, thus I did not get to try it.

Having missed the aromatic crispy duck we had in London, we were delighted to find this in the restaurant. Result was a clear disappointment as the duck was more of a deep-fried duck that was quite incompatible with the pancake that was served with it. To the restaurant management reading this, please remember to shred the duck after deep-frying it!

The staff was attentive though, as expected, service can be a bit lacking when served by a trainee. What irked me was how the trainee tried to sell mooncake vouchers to me knowing especially that I was not a local and they wouldn't be any use to me. Nonetheless, dining at the restaurant was ok with no other complaints.

If you are a non-Chinese looking for a decent restaurant with a view in air-conditioned comfort, this is a very safe restaurant for you to be.

1  Thank MarkoRamius23