Nothing can go wrong, really. It was my first B&B experience and I'm glad i started off with MTP. Wei, the hostess was extremely accommodating, she helped us to discover the beautiful side of Penang!
We took the family suite (2 bedrooms and 2 shower), one of the room was surprisingly spacious! I find it a little bit eerie but bearable. The room has enough space for Yoga or light workout to burn away the Penang food :p. For Muslims family, enough room to Solat ber-jemaah for 5! Bed-sheet was clean, and comfy, almost like a 4-5 star hotel. Everything else in the mini bar was complimentary - traditional Malaysian junk food. The place reminds me of my childhood, it has the 'rumah nenek, kampung' smell (in a good way) but with a touch of modern interior, which is mostly from IKEA.
The only thing concerns is the floor that is made out of wood. We had our neighbor from the ground floor complaining about the noises... so we tiptoed through the night, hoping we wont make any more stumping noises.
Breakfast were personalized, be prepared to wake up and have a friendly uncle to greet you at the front porch, and 'mangkuk tingkat' breakfast served on your table! Varieties of local food and cakes. Uncle was nice enough to offer our cold coffee in exchange for a hot one.
Thank you Mango Tree Place and Wei, for making it a wonderful stay in Penang :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in a quiet area of town just outside the hustle and bustle of the center.Mango Tree Place in Georgetown,Malaysia provides guests with the perfect getaway spot to really relax and enjoy your vacation. This 3 star Boutique Bed & Breakfast is just a 10 minute walk to a wide array of restaurants, shops and cafes so finding something to do is easier than ever. Guests of the Mango Tree Place will enjoy an intimate setting with the friendly staff who are more than willing to lend you a helping hand and give you insider tips on all the historic sights of Georgetown. So, get ready to explore this UNESCO World Heritage city. Great location and surroundings, professional staff and useful facilities make this Georgetown Boutique B&B an unbeatable place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mango Tree Place - Townhouse 1934 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mango Tree Place Hotel Georgetown
- Mango Tree Place - Townhouse 1934 Penang/George Town