Georgetown is a wonderful place. A beautiful old colonial town, with lots of British and Chinese influences. And lots of colorful two storage houses. We loved it, especially the Chinese kongsis and their temples. And the street markets and the food courts and the places of worship (buddhist, islamic and hindu). We loved about all of it. But were to stay?? They've got Shangri-La's (which we love), and O&E and much more, but just stay here! In the middle of the old town! What do you want more than to get out of bed in the morning and walk into the old town, before the tourist get in, who invade only after ten thirty. They've got four houses, beautiful renovated. We stayed in number 95, a property for four. Great for a family. Beautiful ground floor, with living room, kitchen, patio and toilet. And a beautiful first floor with bathroom, two bedrooms (one with a king bed and one with two single beds) and a patio. All having air conditioning and ventilators. On first glance you think you're going to have a problem with the mosquitoes, but there are mosquito nets and there's really no problem with them. It's just perfect and the best place to stay when you really want to experience Georgetown, its inhabitants, food and culture. But when you just want to go to the beach and live a luxury live, go somewhere else. For example the Holiday Inn or the Hard Rock Hotel, about 30 minutes out of town. But don't pretend you visited Georgetown!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retail, restaurants and residences in antique Chinese shophouses located in the core zone of UNESCO Heritage Georgetown, Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Straits Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Straits Collection Hotel Georgetown
- Straits Collection Penang/George Town