We went to Georgetown in February 2013 and could not have picked a better location, at a quiet spot along a central artery of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. These are old Chinese shop houses, so do not expect slick and modern, however they are full of charm, and happy colours. Ours was spotless, airy and comfortable. From here we walked down the street to China House for the best lattes in Malaysia, a never ending array of delicious desserts and equally delectable dishes. Back in our little shop house, the water pressure was strong, plenty of hot water, internet was speedy, and there was plenty of natural light. Good value and a sweet experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retail, restaurants and residences in antique Chinese shophouses located in the core zone of UNESCO Heritage Georgetown, Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) and TripOnline SA so you can book your Straits Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Straits Collection Hotel Georgetown
- Straits Collection Penang/George Town