“Nicely restored heritage shop lot, nice food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Sire Museum Restaurant - CLOSED

The Sire Museum Restaurant
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Sire Museum Restaurant is situated within the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Georgetown. We serve contemporary western cuisine and a few local favorites. The museum at the back portion of the building features the story of a philanthropist, Yeap Chor Ee.More info/photos available on Facebook
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Nicely restored heritage shop lot, nice food, good service”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

From the outside, the restaurant's exterior facade does not look like much. Inside however, the restaurant boast of gorgeous interior that blends modem chic with old school charm without loosing its core Penang heritage. The service was good, though the foreign waiter's accent was a little difficult to understand at times. The menu was quite a delight and we had a good time exploring its diverse offerings. All in all the meal was satisfactory, the price reasonable and the service good. I take it to be good because a lot of the restaurants customers are locals, Penang Lang. There is also a nice little museum at the back to explore after the meal

Alor Setar, Malaysia
“I like the ambiance only.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Food overpriced and did not meet my expectation. Only thing makes me satisfied was the decoration of restaurant.

Ordered wagyu cheek which was quite pricey and I expected the taste could be better. However, it was overdone and its gravy tasted like can food which I can easily buy in supermarket. Disappointed and will not go back to this restaurant again.

• Visited December 2012
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
“Birthday Gift”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Absolutely loved this restaurant. Melissa and I accidently stubble upon this restaurant while looking for another restaurant.
The service and food was fantastic. I had the foie gras salad and my friend had the Caesar salad. The foie gras was amazing.
We also celebrated my 19th birthday here.
It was perfect.
P.S. The cake was awesome

• Visited August 2013
“Nice atmosphere, nice food and great service”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Came here with my husband and was very pleasantly surprised. The staff were great and very attentive. The food was very good and the pumkin soup is definitely worth trying. The museum within the restaurant was nice way to discover some of Penangs history regarding one of its most influential families. I will definitely come here again.

Paris, France
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We have just eaten there and I must say that the salmon salad was really good and so was the pumpkin soup that my husband ordered. As for the pizza ,it was made with really fresh ingredients and more than enough for two people , I couldn’t finish it. My husband ordered spaghetti carbonara and although it was a special kind of carbonara (with shrimp , mussels…),the taste was great. For dessert we ordered black & white cake and it was amazing.It included two pieces of cake ,ice-cream and some fruit, delicious!.The service was very efficient.It was pricey but worth it.The restaurant was beautiful, we had lunch in the indoor garden.