Cititel Penang
Seven Terraces(George Town)
US$154
G Hotel Gurney(George Town)
US$169
US$80
US$66
US$64
US$58
GLOW Penang(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$42
Agoda.com
Chulia Mansion(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$40
Agoda.com
Armenian Street Heritage Hotel(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$32
US$57
US$54
TripAdvisor
1,101 results
All reviewsred gardendeluxe roomwithin walking distancelor bakfamous nasi kandarsea viewchowrasta marketnon smokingceiling fancendolfree cat buscheck in was quicknight lifehigh floorcorner roombuffet breakfaststrategic location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Stayed here for one night in May 2012. The hotel is nicely located in the center of Georgetown with lots of food options around. The concierge staff are helpful and in general it was a pleasant stay. The room was spacious enough for 2 people. The tv selection is meager but the beds are comfy. I wish they gave us more than one pillow but it was comfortable enough. There is a health center where one can avail of an oil massage. My advice? Dont try it at all. I made the mistake of doing so and it was an experience-- It looked a bit dubious as the masseuse wore tight mini skirts and high heels rather than proper uniforms. The massage itself was so so (it was a weird mix of shiatsu and swedish and just simply pushing and pulling) and the massage bed left my legs riddled with bites from bed bugs. So overall, the hotel is good and staff are friendly just dont go use their health center.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RunnerJaime
GM-CPG, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Guest

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

My team and I thank you for taking the time to write in to share the experience of your recent stay here.

I am sorry to learn of your less than pleasant experience encountered at the Health Centre, a leased outlet at the hotel. I would like to reassure you that I am looking into the matters you highlighted with the Health Centre owner with utmost priority to ensure such incidents do not recur.

On a happier note, I am glad to note that our facilities and services provided a pleasant stay.

Thank you once again for writing as it is through your kind feedback that we can continuously strive to improve and ensure that our guests enjoy their stay with us.

Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

I love this hotel simply due to its location in the heart of Georgetown. lots of food outlets around. the price is also fairly reasonable....but the bfast is rather average only. All in all, its a good hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank smaj837
GM-CPG, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Dear Guest

Warmest Greetings from Cititel Penang! My team and I are very pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us in Penang.

I am also pleased to share that since your last stay with us in July 2011, we have improved our breakfast spread selections, to many of our guests’ delight and sincerely hope that you will enjoy it too, when you stay with us the next time.

Thank you very much for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang on your next visit.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I should say its the Best Hotel in Penang Road.Well trained Staff.I book a superior room online but didn't like the room when check in.Request for a room change.For RM30 more I agree with the room given.I was more than happy when I was given the 10 series room on the 11th floor with large room area,LCD TV, seaview on front window and the mountain view on the left window.Restaurants & shops was only a walking distance.

Room Tip: The superior room is rather small if you dont mind.If you need space ask for the corner room which is much spacier.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ZoolSaleem
GM-CPG, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Guest

Warmest Greetings from Cititel Penang!

It is a such a delight to read your comments on how much you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our Corner room is very much to your liking! What a great way to start my day!

Thank you very much for your postive and encouraging comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang on your next visit across the Causeway.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I have to travel to Butterworth from time to time and stay overnight in Georgetown where we have a corporate account with the Cititel. I have reviewed this hotel before so here is my latest update.

These are short business trips so I do not need the comfort of a resort hotel and to be honest we only eat, drink, sleep, breakfast and check out the next morning. All I am looking for in an ideal hotel is location, clean, safe, sleep.

The location is unsurprisingly still the same. It is in old Georgetown and is convenient for the ferry and has bars and restaurants in the vicinity. I would not recommend Soho down the street as it is full of drunken expats.... my colleagues........ but there are plenty of other choices locally.

Again it was clean and well maintained and my room on the 10th floor was fine with quiet AC and ceiling fan. The TV channel selection is not the best but hey ho.

I had no security problems and it was safe.

Again I got a good night's sleep there, the beds were comfortable and it is not noisy in the room.

I did not eat this time as I was checking in late and back out early.

Overall I am happy to stay there for 1/2 nights in the week, it is convenient and good value.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank julianlord
GM-CPG, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear Guest

Warmest Greetings from the Island!

I am very happy to read your positive review of our hotel services and facilities. My team and I thank you for taking the time to write and your kind comments are most appreciated.

Thank you once again for your support and look forward to your continued patronage.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed in cititel twice and both times I had the best sleep ever...maybe the bed...or the pillows or music played on the tv channel or the room itself (a little too small tho) but everything came together and it really worked for me to have my wonderful night & morning sleep. I will definately stay here again when I make my escapade to penang...well if the budget permits me to do so. I found this hotel a bit overpriced when evaluation is made on the room size, old looking bathroom, limited parking space and no pool...but in the end of the day...it worth every $$ if I can have my precious sleep again.

There are variety of breakfast selections...some hits and misses...overall not great but good enough for me.

The location is great...so near to a must places to visit when I'm in georgetown; chowrasta market where I'll be spending most of my budget trip on jeruk(pickled/dried fruits), nutmegs and other local snacks like tambun biscuits then nearby Cendol stall, eat hot chestnut, buy frest cut fruits in front of the market...

I'll definately stay in Cititel again...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
GM-CPG, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear Guest

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang!

I am truly delighted to know that enjoyed a dose of retail therapy when in Penang and that we have provided you with a good night’s rest each time you stay with us! Thank you for your kind feedback.

We truly appreciate your kind comments about our hotel facilities and you will be pleased to know that our rooms are presently undergoing refurbishment; we do hope that you will try out our new rooms as well as our jacuzzi pool, located on Level 3, when you stay with us on your next visit to Penang.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with us and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang soon.

With kind regards,