Cititel Penang
Seven Terraces(George Town)
US$176
US$161
G Hotel Gurney(George Town)
US$168
US$124
US$139
US$78
US$175
US$138
G Hotel Kelawai(George Town)
US$153
US$121
US$96
Travelocity
1,104 results
All reviewsred gardendeluxe roomwithin walking distancelor bakfamous nasi kandarsea viewchowrasta marketnon smokingceiling fancendolfree cat buscheck in was quicknight lifehigh floorcorner roombuffet breakfaststrategic location
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Against I stay at cititel for my monthly trip to penang. I booked deluxe room for my stay but compared with last time the room seem much more smaller.
But anyhow the staff here still friendly and the room is clean. Maybe this is the adding point for me to continue stay at this hotel but it a little bit over price. It a bit expensive if compare with the surrounding hotel. Hopefully can be improve for this point.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank hugocount
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us and I’m sure that you had a good trip home.

I am sorry to note that you found our room rates a little on the high side; for your next visit, you may wish to book online directly with us for Hot Deals and Room Specials and we will be delighted to keep you posted on our special rates too if you could kindly let us have your email address.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write as it is through your feedback that we can continuously strive to improve and ensure that our guests enjoy their stay with us.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon – do contact me at gm@cititelpenang.com if I may be of further assistance.

Wishing you a great week ahead.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I being travel quite often for business trip with my family. Normally I have to pay extra to get the extra bed for my kids. When I check in at Cititel Penang, they know my needs..and they said we are giving FREE sofa bed for the kids...wahhh! this is the first hotel that doesn't make money..I save RM60+...and because of the good service...I decided to extend another day instead of check out and going to Batu Feringgi. The indoor swimming pool is small, but it's ok..as long my kids can jump into it and have fun. Since it's located in Penang road...it's the road food heaven :D. For comfortable, ask for corner end room..more spacious for your kids to rock the room.. ^-^

Room Tip: Ask for corner end superior room..additional RM30..worth it for your family comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lalalulu_10

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

My sincere thanks for your kind and gracious compliments of our services and facilities during your recent stay at Cititel Penang.

It is always gratifying to learn that we have exceeded your expectations during your stay - I will share your kind comments with my team, who will be equally delighted to know that the service rendered is highly appreciated and acknowledged. It is through these comments and feedback that inspires us to continue to give our best in providing a totally fulfilling experience for all our guests.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family for many more return visits and thank you once again for taking the time to write.

Thank you for recommending our hotel in your review.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I had stayed here many times in the past and find this hotel to be very convenient in terms of location. The rooms are slightly small, but this was fine for me as I was out of most of the day and only used it to sleep at night. The breakfast has quite a variety and the Japanese restaurant is quite good, but slightly pricey.

Staff are quite friendly and check in did not take that long at all. You are less then 5 minutes walk to the clubbing row, though these days its quite deserted even on the weekends.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the way to go
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang - trust you had a good trip home.

Thank you for staying with us again during your recent trip to Penang and for taking the time to share the review of your stay - your positive comments of our team members, facilities and location are most appreciated.

We truly appreciate your continued support and look forward to welcoming you and your friends for more return visits.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed mid August for 3 nights in Cititel Georgetown. The staff were very good, attentive, helpful with any questions and very quick to check-in / check-out. The room itself was a good size although it could do with a little bit of a refurbishment. The bathroom was a little dated but overall clean and the sheets on the bed had a few stains on them so could do with a replacement.

Good for the price and in the right location with great staff.

Room Tip: For lunch, try the curry house across the road to the right of the hotel, delicious meals at a very good price. For dinner, try the Red Garden Paradise night market across the road 100m left of the hotel, plenty of awesome food from a variety of cuisines at very good prices.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boo5td

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

It is indeed very heartening to know that you have had an enjoyable stay with us.

My team and I truly appreciate your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang again soon.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed 3 nights over the Hari Raya long weekend. The hotel was packed. Great and helpful staff. Very helpful tips and great service.

Given the long weekend, the hotel rate was not great value for money.

On the downside, my room on level 10 was dark and smelled of mildew. The room does not seem to have been recently refurbished and the carpet looked poorly maintained. The bathroom looked old and tired. The hotel gym had limited equipment and the pool looked poorly maintained and was not well utilised.

There was also no safe in the room and any valuables have to be stored on the front desk safe.

Great wifi connection. Fast and easy to connect to and it came free.

Breakfast buffet was so so. There were flies in the buffet room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for taking the time to write and hope that you had a good trip home. Your kind comments are most appreciated, especially that of our team - thanks very much.

I apologise that our gym and indoor pool were not up to your expectations; I am presently looking into the possibility of extending the gym area in order to accommodate a few more pieces of exercise equipment and am confident that we will realise this by 2014.

I am sorry that your guest room was also not in the best condition and I regret that I did not have the opportunity to meet with you during your stay with us which I am sure, would have enabled me to correct the situation, and to ensure that you had a more fulfilling stay with us. I sincerely hope that these issues did not detract you from the overall enjoyment of your stay with us.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again – do contact me at gm@cititelpenang.com if I may be of further assistance.

With best wishes for a great week ahead.