“Definitely Will Come Back Here”
Review of Cititel Penang

Cititel Penang
Ranked #21 of 84 Hotels in George Town
Ho Chi Minh
“Definitely Will Come Back Here”
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

We did a last minute booking online after had some terrible matter in another hotel (no hot shower for 2 days) and a this sudden plan to move to Cititel was an amazing experience. Since we need to check in early, the reservation manager (i think she is a Japanese) really give us a good hand to cordinate our request.

The lobby is spacious and the check process was really quick. We ask for a room with ocean view at high floor which was really nice.

Our room ia really nice with flat screen and modern interior touch. Really nothing to complain about.

Check out time also really quickly done by professional front office assistant.

In terma of location, it just a distance from the Komtar and other tourist attractions i town especially to the UNESCO World Heritage area.

If u are looking for a nice place to stay in Georgetown, this hotel is for u to have a look. Good price and good services.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, 1 January 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you so much for your kind comments of our hotel services, facilities and location - they are greatly appreciated.

My team and I are truly glad to know that you have had an enjoyable time here and thank you for your recommendation and support.

We look forward to welcoming you back again for yet another fulfilling stay.. see you soon.

Until then, my best wishes for a great New Year ahead!

Tony Goh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Ravenna, Italy
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Just good location near the city centre .
At the beginning they want us to pay for the parking even with hotel reservation.
Nice check in hall but very unfriendly welcome.
Room is ok but a bit old stile .
Bathroom with no wall shower only telephone style .
Poor experience , just good for one night.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review – I regret to note the parking issue upon your arrival; our car park facilities is handled by a concessionaire who will collect the car park fees upon entry with an explanation that the reimbursement will be done upon check-in by our Front Desk team. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience and I have briefed our car park operator to provide a more thorough explanation to our guests when they arrive to park in the hotel.

Thank you for your observations and I hope that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again to stay with us.

Until then, my best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Kind regards
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Cititel for a week with my wife while visiting family in Penang. The hotel is very well managed with helpful and pleasant staff and efficient operations, however the structure is only average. We originally booked a superior room which was overall unimpressive, lacked an in-room safe (although the staff offers free safe box at the reception) and had a damp smelling pillow. We immediately upgraded to a deluxe room which was much more pleasant in the furniture and satisfactory (probably a 4* room let a bit down by the old fashioned bathroom, albeit functional and clean).
WiFi is free but not really reliable (you can get a better one if you visit the lounge - nice )
The main restaurant was a let down; food from the a la carte menu was awful, we haven't tried buffet nor the second, Japanese themed, restaurant..

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Leonardo L
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Guest

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang and thank you for your kind feedback on your stay at our hotel recently.

Thank you for your observations and I would like to reassure you that I am looking into the matters you highlighted with my Management Team with utmost priority to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay here.

Nevertheless, it is indeed a delight to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to compliment our staff and the services provided.

My team members and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang on your next visit and our sincere thanks once again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Our best wishes for a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!

San Francisco
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I spent 3 days in Penang and decided to stay at Cititel hotel due to its location. The checkin was fast and the front desk and concierge were very helpful. However, the location is making this hotel a top choice. It is close to a lot of shops and restaurants. Also, the hop on and hop off bus stopped right in front of the hotel. Within walking distance, you could try the street Cendol and the famous Nasi Kandar Indian food. Souvenir shops were nearby and the shopkeepers were honest. If you prefer Western style meals, there is a new cafe opened adjacent to the hotel. If you want to catch a bus to Butterfly farm or to the beaches, you can either walk to Komtar in 20 minutes or get on the Hop on Hop off bus. The bus is free. Overall, I will come back next time when I am visiting Penang.

Room Tip: top floors.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank lovesnack
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, 20 December 2013

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Until then, our best wishes for a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 December 2013

First and foremost, I am a user of trip advisor but I seldom give reviews of hotels or facilities that I have been to so far not because they aren't good but I am plain lazy to do so. But this stay at Cititel Penang, I took the effort to do so! You know why.. =)

We have been here since 12th December due to my hubby official business trip and during our stay here, we have never failed to be greeted with a big warm smile from the staffs here be it the security guards, the bell boys, the concierge staff and even the housekeeping peeps! The lobby staff always have nice gestures in surprising me and my little gal and just today, one of the staff shared with me in ways I can go about exploring the places of interest via the local bus. This definitely save me a fair bit of money taking the non-metered taxi.

While this is probably insignificant to some travellers but it make a hell lot difference to us and I feel good about it.

Honestly, this hotel is a decent hotel located in Georgetown with many makan places right outside the hotel lobby. What make it interesting it, the location is rather a "happening place" to be in. =)

The room we took is reasonable sized and with a comfortable bed. A decent toilet facilities that is good enough as it isn't really posh looking but functional and clean of course.

All in all, I would like to say, U guys at Cititel Hotel Penang are simply AWESOME!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank joleently

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

I am so delighted to know that you and family have had a wonderful stay with us and thank you for giving us full marks in the TripAdvisor review! I have shared your kind comments with my team members here and have thanked them for their dedication and hard work in ensuring that you and family have a fulfilling stay with us.

I truly appreciate your time in writing in to share your comments on TripAdvisor – You are the motivation behind our passion in providing a totally fulfilling experience to our guests at Cititel Penang!

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and family back again soon and our warmest wishes to you and your family for a Blessed Christmas and Happy New Year!

With best wishes and kind regards,
Singapore
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This hotel is centrally located and accessible to many attractions and food joints (nasi kandar, roti canai, lor bak, fried kway teow, ...etc) in georgetown. Staff are friendly, approachable and provided prompt services especially Adeline from the reception. The room, bed, pillows and towels are clean except that I found stains on a bath towel on my last day of stay. We did ask for extra blanket and hard pillow from housekeeping and were provided rather promptly. However the hard pillow was still too soft for our liking. Swimming pool was already opened for use when we were there. Overall, very impressed with staff services.Overall, we enjoyed our stay there!!

Room Tip: Indicate your request clearly during booking so that the hotel could help arrange.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MLSun1
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, 16 December 2013

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for taking the time to share the review of our hotel and I am delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay with us - hope that you and your family had a great time exploring our heritage city.

Your positive comments of our team’s services and location are greatly appreciated – thank you – and have shared your comments with Adeline with much pride.

May I wish you and your family a Blessed Christmas a splendid start to the New Year and we look forward to welcoming all of you back again soon.

With best wishes and kind regards
Malaysia
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The moment I stepped through the lobby, I was greeted with polite and friendly service. Our rooms and toilets are very clean and the beds are comfortable. Only drawback are the pillows. A bit on the high and hard side. Will definitely come back here but with my own pillows. Very suitable for visits with young children. Btw, pool was closed during our stay. Something to do with broken glass.

• Stayed December 2013
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, 9 December 2013

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for the gracious comments of Cititel Penang in your review - it is indeed very heartening to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us during your visit.

Regret to note that our pillows were not too comfortable for you during your stay - am pleased to share that we do offer a selection of pillows for our guests and they are available from our Housekeeping Department.

Thank you for your recommendation and please do not hesitate to contact me at gm@cititelpenang.com if I may be of further assistance with your next reservations with us.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Best wishes and kind regards