“Great Hotel, Clean, Great Location and Friendly Fluent Staff!”
Review of Cititel Penang

Cititel Penang
Ranked #21 of 84 Hotels in George Town
Sydney, Australia
“Great Hotel, Clean, Great Location and Friendly Fluent Staff!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Nice hotel, nice rooms and great breakfast buffet. We had a great view of the water from our room and the streets below. Was a great location close to everything and buffet breakfast was good too, would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Triphappenings
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, 23 March 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay with us and the full score on the Trip Advisor review board. I am truly appreciative of your kind words about our services, facilities and location.

It is always a delight to know that we have exceeded our guests' expectations during their stay with us and your appreciation is great motivation to all of us here.

My sincere thanks once again, for taking the time to share your experience at Cititel Penang and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back the next time you are in Penang.

Tony Goh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I chose Cititel Penang because of it's location. It is near to almost every sightseeing in Georgetown. In fact from Cititel Hotel we did a lot of walking to see Little India, Kapitan Keling Mosque, Georgetown Church, Komtar and others.The room itself is good enough and has all the basic things that you need. There are so many restaurants within that area too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, 22 March 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

I am very happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and am glad to note that you have done quite a bit of exploring whilst here.

My team members and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang on your next visit and our sincere thanks once again for sharing your experience with us.

With kind regards,
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I have stayed at Cititel a couple of times, once with my parents and at least once with friends. The hotel location is excellent, being located in the heart of the city which is very near to Penang Road and Chulia Street. There are plenty of excellent street food (esp the famous chendol on Penang Street) plus there are plenty of eateries and hang outs on Chulia Street which is nearby. I remember walking to a market (don't remember the name) which just a short distance away and it was great for local produce. I would definitely recommend the hotel for it's great price albeit the hotel being slightly on the small side but it is great for a short trip.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Grace G

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you very much taking the time to share the review of your stay with us and for your kind comments of our hotel services, facilities and location - they are greatly appreciated.

Yes, our hotel location is indeed one of the best-selling points of our hotel and many of our guests agree that it is easy to move around from Cititel Penang; the market you are referring to is the Chowrasta Market - one of the two community markets in inner George Town since the late 1800’s.

I am glad and your friends you and your friends have had an enjoyable time here.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back again for yet another fulfilling stay.. see you soon.

singapore
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed 4 days 3 nights during March 2014. Was here for a short gateway with my friend. We choose this hotel as it is in a very good location. Walking distance of 5-10 mins to 1st avenue mall, komator, famous chenddol stall. Opposite the hotel, it have quite a few good and nice cafe to try it out. We stayed at a floor level which we can have a view of the sea.
The staffs made us feel like at home. All very friendly and helpful. Their smiles on their faces marks our day. Keep up the great job.

Room Tip: I personally like to have the sea view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

It is most heartening to read the review of your recent stay with us – thank you for your gracious comments of our team’s services, hotel location and facilities.

My team and I are truly glad to know that you have had an enjoyable time here and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to stay with us again on your next visit to Penang.

Until then, with best wishes and kind regards,
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Walking through the door U will be amazed by the big lobby. Hotel it self is not too bad, rooms are a bit smaller when compared with Bayview, but location again is much better. Stayed on the 6th floor. Internet is a bit slow in the evening, but I could live with it. Room contained everything you need and an iron which saves a call to the room service. Overall rooms kept clean.

Parking wise, it is free but you need to pay RM4 upon arrival and will be refunded when you leave. If staying for a few days, in and out of car park tell the teller you already paid he will ask for receipt as proof but saves U from getting confused with the refunds.

Hope this review helps

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kwok C
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, 10 March 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for your review of Cititel Penang – very glad to know that you like the location of our hotel, our services and facilities.

My team members and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang on your next visit and our sincere thanks once again for sharing your experience with us.

With best wishes and kind regards,
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We came for a 4D3N stay and we were very impressed with the excellent service provided. Everyone served with a smile and most importantly, we felt the sincerity from all. Room was clean and it came with a sea view. Transportation service was prompt and efficient too! Great job!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

I am delighted to read your review and sincere thanks your kind words of our team’s services and hotel facilities.

My team and I are truly glad to know that you have had an enjoyable time here and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back again for yet another fulfilling stay.

With kind regards
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights (3/3 - 5/3 the service was awesome despite the troubles and problems and of course the noise from my relatives from china. Great service from France & Jovin during check in and of course I really need to THANK Jovin alot for always was there to solve my problems! Thank you very much for the patients of my relatives that creates so much noise. Of course to thank Abi as well to help to carry our baggage during check out.

There is some complaints from my relatives that the leaking of the air-conditioner in room 732 made my grandma fell in fronts of the toilet in the morning Please make sure that rooms and facilities to be safe for old folks. I hope it could be better!
I realize that there is no surveillance and a life guard in the pool area. What if there is accidents happened in the pool? (just a thought)

Overall the service was good! & I apologize for the noise created from my relatives. Thank you very much for the good service and of course the toleration!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ms Cheng

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank for your review – we are glad to know that you and family had an enjoyable time here. I have shared your kind comments with Franz, Jovan and Abi with much pride.

I am sorry to know of your Grandmother’s fall during her stay here – I sincerely apologise for the untoward incident and hope that your Grandmother has recovered well since.

Thank you for your observation at our pool area - we do have a signage within the pool area, cautioning our guests to be extra careful as there is no lifeguard on duty,

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Cititel Penang again, Ms Cheng, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@cititelpenang.com if I may be of further assistance.