Stayed at the hotel for 4 days 3 nights. The room is nice and clean and quite comfortable. Requested for a room with sea view. It was a nice view indeed. Overall stay was good. But the only set back was the swimming pool, steam and sauna and the Wifi. The swimming pool was indoor and very small.The hotel didn't have a dress code for using the swimming pool and you can see people swimming fully dressed with t-shirt and long pants. As a result, the water was not so clean. The hotel should insist on proper swim wear and not allowed its guests to swim fully dressed. There was no separate steam and sauna for male and female. Male and female are supposed to share the steam and sauna. Other hotels have separate steam and sauna for male and female but not Cititel. The steam room was not in good shape. There was once, the steam was out of control and it was so hot that you can't even go in and the floor was flooded. The Wifi in the room was really terrible. Can't even access the internet at all. If you drive, please be careful at the entrance where the parking booth is. There was a pillar on the left very close to the parking booth. Be careful not to turn your car too early. I scratched my car because while showing the ticket to the attendant, I didn't notice the pillar and turned too early. Got a bad dent on my car. Looking at the pillar, there were lots of marks meaning many cars have scratched it before. So be careful if you drive. And the parking was very limited. So don't come back to the hotel late at night. Otherwise you can't get a parking spot. Try to get a room away from the lift. My room was quite near the lift. For two nights, I woke up early in the morning because people outside were talking, laughing and running. It was 2.30am and 4am in the morning.The location is good. Near a food court with lots of food to eat. But it only opens at night. There are a few kopitiam nearby. So breakfast is not a problem. Overall, the stay was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport, 5 minutes drive to Penang Ferry terminal, 5-10 minutes walk to nearby tourist attractions such as street arts and UNESCO heritage trails, 15-minutes walk to Chowrasta market and Mydin Hypermarket, 20-minutes walk to Komtar/Prangin Mall/1st Avenue Mall, 20-minutes walk to Esplanade/Beach Street and the Red Garden Hawker Centre is located just opposite the hotel. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Stayforlong S.L., Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Cititel Penang George Town