“Good location”
Review of Cititel Penang

Cititel Penang
Ranked #20 of 87 Hotels in George Town
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 4 days 3 nights. The room is nice and clean and quite comfortable. Requested for a room with sea view. It was a nice view indeed. Overall stay was good. But the only set back was the swimming pool, steam and sauna and the Wifi. The swimming pool was indoor and very small.The hotel didn't have a dress code for using the swimming pool and you can see people swimming fully dressed with t-shirt and long pants. As a result, the water was not so clean. The hotel should insist on proper swim wear and not allowed its guests to swim fully dressed. There was no separate steam and sauna for male and female. Male and female are supposed to share the steam and sauna. Other hotels have separate steam and sauna for male and female but not Cititel. The steam room was not in good shape. There was once, the steam was out of control and it was so hot that you can't even go in and the floor was flooded. The Wifi in the room was really terrible. Can't even access the internet at all. If you drive, please be careful at the entrance where the parking booth is. There was a pillar on the left very close to the parking booth. Be careful not to turn your car too early. I scratched my car because while showing the ticket to the attendant, I didn't notice the pillar and turned too early. Got a bad dent on my car. Looking at the pillar, there were lots of marks meaning many cars have scratched it before. So be careful if you drive. And the parking was very limited. So don't come back to the hotel late at night. Otherwise you can't get a parking spot. Try to get a room away from the lift. My room was quite near the lift. For two nights, I woke up early in the morning because people outside were talking, laughing and running. It was 2.30am and 4am in the morning.The location is good. Near a food court with lots of food to eat. But it only opens at night. There are a few kopitiam nearby. So breakfast is not a problem. Overall, the stay was good.

Room Tip: High floor with sea view away from the lift.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CEXJ
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review – I have noted that whilst you enjoyed your stay with us, there are a few areas which need our attention. I am pleased to share that we are in the midst of enforcing proper swimwear for the pool and are constantly checking on the facilities in the area.

I am sorry to hear of the scratch on your car – I have personally briefed our private car park operator to advise our guests about the pillar after collecting the ticket as well as to provide our house guests with priority when they return to park in the evening.

My sincere thanks for writing in to share your kind feedback as it is through your observations that we can continuously improve and ensure that our guests enjoy their stay with us.

I do look forward to welcoming you and your family back to stay with us soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me at gm@cititelpenang.com if I may be assistance with your future bookings.

With kind regards
Tony Goh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,096)

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Nice hotel, nice rooms and great breakfast buffet. We had a great view of the water from our room and the streets below. Was a great location close to everything and buffet breakfast was good too, would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Triphappenings
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay with us and the full score on the Trip Advisor review board. I am truly appreciative of your kind words about our services, facilities and location.

It is always a delight to know that we have exceeded our guests' expectations during their stay with us and your appreciation is great motivation to all of us here.

My sincere thanks once again, for taking the time to share your experience at Cititel Penang and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back the next time you are in Penang.

With best wishes and kind regards

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I chose Cititel Penang because of it's location. It is near to almost every sightseeing in Georgetown. In fact from Cititel Hotel we did a lot of walking to see Little India, Kapitan Keling Mosque, Georgetown Church, Komtar and others.The room itself is good enough and has all the basic things that you need. There are so many restaurants within that area too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

I am very happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and am glad to note that you have done quite a bit of exploring whilst here.

My team members and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang on your next visit and our sincere thanks once again for sharing your experience with us.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I have stayed at Cititel a couple of times, once with my parents and at least once with friends. The hotel location is excellent, being located in the heart of the city which is very near to Penang Road and Chulia Street. There are plenty of excellent street food (esp the famous chendol on Penang Street) plus there are plenty of eateries and hang outs on Chulia Street which is nearby. I remember walking to a market (don't remember the name) which just a short distance away and it was great for local produce. I would definitely recommend the hotel for it's great price albeit the hotel being slightly on the small side but it is great for a short trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Grace G

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you very much taking the time to share the review of your stay with us and for your kind comments of our hotel services, facilities and location - they are greatly appreciated.

Yes, our hotel location is indeed one of the best-selling points of our hotel and many of our guests agree that it is easy to move around from Cititel Penang; the market you are referring to is the Chowrasta Market - one of the two community markets in inner George Town since the late 1800’s.

I am glad and your friends you and your friends have had an enjoyable time here.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back again for yet another fulfilling stay.. see you soon.

With best wishes and kind regards

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed 4 days 3 nights during March 2014. Was here for a short gateway with my friend. We choose this hotel as it is in a very good location. Walking distance of 5-10 mins to 1st avenue mall, komator, famous chenddol stall. Opposite the hotel, it have quite a few good and nice cafe to try it out. We stayed at a floor level which we can have a view of the sea.
The staffs made us feel like at home. All very friendly and helpful. Their smiles on their faces marks our day. Keep up the great job.

Room Tip: I personally like to have the sea view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

It is most heartening to read the review of your recent stay with us – thank you for your gracious comments of our team’s services, hotel location and facilities.

My team and I are truly glad to know that you have had an enjoyable time here and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to stay with us again on your next visit to Penang.

Until then, with best wishes and kind regards,

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Walking through the door U will be amazed by the big lobby. Hotel it self is not too bad, rooms are a bit smaller when compared with Bayview, but location again is much better. Stayed on the 6th floor. Internet is a bit slow in the evening, but I could live with it. Room contained everything you need and an iron which saves a call to the room service. Overall rooms kept clean.

Parking wise, it is free but you need to pay RM4 upon arrival and will be refunded when you leave. If staying for a few days, in and out of car park tell the teller you already paid he will ask for receipt as proof but saves U from getting confused with the refunds.

Hope this review helps

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kwok C
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for your review of Cititel Penang – very glad to know that you like the location of our hotel, our services and facilities.

My team members and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang on your next visit and our sincere thanks once again for sharing your experience with us.

With best wishes and kind regards,

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We came for a 4D3N stay and we were very impressed with the excellent service provided. Everyone served with a smile and most importantly, we felt the sincerity from all. Room was clean and it came with a sea view. Transportation service was prompt and efficient too! Great job!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

I am delighted to read your review and sincere thanks your kind words of our team’s services and hotel facilities.

My team and I are truly glad to know that you have had an enjoyable time here and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back again for yet another fulfilling stay.

With kind regards