“Excellent Business Hotel”
Review of Cititel Penang

Cititel Penang
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in George Town
Reviewed 4 July 2014

On my regular visits to Penang, I always stay at the Cititel. This hotel is very centrally located, offers good service, very friendly staff and a number of good F&B outlets for every need. The guestrooms and bathrooms are well appointed and offer a good space configuration. I can highly recommend the Cititel in Goergetown!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Rudi M
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Rudi

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

It is good to have you back and thank you for your continued support.

Thank you for your positive comments about our services and facilities during your recent stay with us.

It is always a delight to know that we have exceeded your expectations each time you stay with us and your appreciation is great motivation to all of us here.

My sincere thanks, once again, for taking the time to share your experience at Cititel Penang and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Penang.

Tony

Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

My recent stay was awesome. Room was ready upon arrival and was check in before the check in time. Pleasant employees smooth check in.
Best location easy access to the mall and eatery places around. Visiting from United States Florida and definitely be back here again.

1  Thank Pritam A

Dear Guest

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang and I trust that you had a good trip home to Florida.

THANK YOU for giving us the full score on the TripAdvisor rating and I am very glad to note that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us at Cititel Penang - it is most rewarding to know that we have exceeded your expectations.

Your comments are our best recommendation and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon for yet another fulfilling stay.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Good breakfast large hotel ,rooms smallish ,a high security hotel you need your room card to access the lifts . Adequate hotel not a lot of character .high rise ,there are other choices and better values , we ended up here because most of the hotels were booked .it was ok

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert R

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Penang and for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon and until then, my best wishes for the month ahead.

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel because we knew it would be near the main attractions of Penang. Getting around was easy and cheap especially on the bus which stopped just down the road. The room was a suitable size although the bathroom does need updating. Staff were helpful although we didn't need them apart from when checking in and when we booked a taxi to the airport. We were only in Penang for 2 nights but this hotel served our purposes very well.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments and I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. hope you had a great time too, exploring our heritage city and visiting the sights of Penang.

I am pleased to share that we are in the midst of upgrading our bathrooms and I do hope that you will like the updated version when you next stay with us.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great location within walking distance to interesting places in the old quarters. Rooms are small but clean and comfortable. There's a local food joint just across the road. We had our first frogs porridge!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

I am very happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and am glad to note that you have done quite a bit of exploring whilst here. I am certain you have discovered that Penang is a culinary haven and I trust that your taste of our local selections was a delightful experience too.

My team members and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang on your next visit. Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us.

See you again soon.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed twice, once in delux and once standard. Both very similar, just the delux has a fresh coat of paint and has been modernized slightly. Staff are very friendly and happy to help, taxis cost more for tourists, like most other places so always worth trying getting them down on prices quoted, or go further down the street and pick up a meter taxi. Location is good, lots of temples within walking distant and a hawkers market with entertainment most nights just across the road, and shopping mall is a short trip away and a friendly place if traveling with children

1  Thank Amy W

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

It was good to have you back to stay with us - thank you for your gracious comments about our team members, services and facilities and for the full score.

I am very pleased to know that we have exceeded your expectations during your stays with us and your appreciation is great motivation to all of us.

My sincere thanks once again, for taking the time to share your experience at Cititel Penang and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit.

With warmest wishes and kind regards

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Location is great, pricing varies according to period. Be prepare as they are always fully book.
Rooms will be slightly smaller in size compare with others hotels eventhough price is higher because they are in prime area but it compensate with great location with easy accessiblity.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank KenYap55

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

I am delighted to read your review and sincere thanks your kind words of our hotel facilities and location.

My team and I are truly glad to know that you have had an enjoyable time here and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.