“In the heart of city, Convenient, Room quality just ok.”
Review of Cititel Penang

Cititel Penang
Ranked #21 of 84 Hotels in George Town
Hong Kong
“In the heart of city, Convenient, Room quality just ok.”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

- If you don't drive, this hotel is ok. Convenient to most attractions.
- Lots of dinning places, pubs, bars etc... around.
- Slightly expensive for its quality, but I was ok with it

Convenience. A place to crash. Simple. No surprise.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, 22 September 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Penang and for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back again soon and until then, my best wishes to all.

Kind regards
Tony Goh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Chennai
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed three nights in this hotel from 26th Aug to 29th Aug 2014.Early Check-in was given with out any hassles and smooth. I got my room on18th floor with nice beach view. Room was very good and very comfortable. bathroom was very neat but they need to put a curtain or glass door in shower area to avoid water spreading all over the bathroom. Friendly staff. Good spread of buffet breakfast,good wifi.location is very good as we get everything near the hotel like street food,free shuttle bus,many sightseeing places are close by as well.i just felt one problem with the travel desk there , a old lady at the counter was bit rude but okay.overall my stay was very comfortable and do remember that Hotel collects 3RM per night as Heritage fee to Government but it's not Hotel charge.Excellent stay and I recommend It.!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Balajisma

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

I am very glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for giving us the full score on Trip Advisor.

Very delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and am glad to note that you have done quite a bit of exploring whilst here.

Thank you for your recommendation. My team members and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang on your next visit and our sincere thanks once again for sharing your experience with us.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 August 2014

In this price range this is a reasonable hotel. Friendly staff and helpful. Hotel itself is aged and likely needs renovating. I did not have any serious issues with the hotel. A few smaller items: water in the sink/bath was occasionally brown, however I found this true at the airport lounge as well. I have 3 wireless devices (PC, phone, tablet), but WiFi only allowed 2. There is no safe in the room, thus I carried my PC/tablet everywhere.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

I regret that there was some maintenance work which resulted in the water being not at its usual best quality when you were here. However, I am glad that all has been resolved.

I apologise for the inconvenience of you having to carry your PC and tablet around during your stay. You may wish to book into our Superior Room on your next visit as they will be equipped with in-room safe soon.

My team members and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang on your next visit and our sincere thanks once again for sharing your feedback with us.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The workers were nice and polite.the area was nice too. but however in the room; the pillowcase was smelly, the water from the tab was brownish. the available car parks for the guests was in small number. My experience there was not so good as I hope it would be.

Stayed August 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for the review of our hotel during your recent stay with us. I regret to note that we were not up to your expectations and would like to assure you that this is not our usual standard of operations. I have taken up the issues you raised with the relevant department heads and will ensure that this does not recur,

Thank you for writing as it is through these feedback that we can continuously strive to improve and ensure that our guests enjoy their stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon and allow us to make amends to ensure that you enjoy a more memorable stay the next time.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at gm@cititelpenang.com if I may be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We choose the hotel as we had meetings to attend in the city center. The staff were courteous and very helpful. Everyone we met were smiling and friendly. We were allocated a room which had just been renovated (apparently we were first guest after the renovation work). The room was clean. There is a ceiling fan set at high speed and we couldn't find the remote control to reduce the fan speed so we switched it of. Access to the car park was a little cumbersome and drivers have to be very patient. Cars were parked along the two lane ramp leading to the car park, reducing it into a single lane. Because of that, driving into and getting out of the car park can be tricky and dangerous especially when you have cars going up and down the ramp at the same time. The hotel should not allow patrons to park along the ramp. Also there is no space in front of the hotel to stop the car and unload the luggage (and re-load the luggage after check-out) as even that little space in front of the hotel was used to park cars.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ka638

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for your review of our hotel during your recent stay in Penang and am glad that you found our team members courteous and helpful.

Regret to learn that you were not informed of the fan speed control (presently located under the bedside table). I am pleased to share that we are in the midst of relocating the speed control to a more visible spot and hope that this will no longer be an issue.

I am sorry to note that we did not have sufficient car park space during your stay due to high occupancy and full function events here. I have personally cautioned our car park operator to refrain from allowing guests to park along the car park ram during such times and will ensure that it is followed through.

Thank you very much for your observations and feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With kind regards
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Cititel Hotel, Georgetown is a great hotel, it's nice and clean,you will find the staff courteous and helpful. If you are looking for a Hotel that is right in the middle of all, this Hotel will fit the bill. You can walk right outside the Hotel and find some really good restaurants within walking distance. British Pubs, Chinese, Indian, even hawker stalls selling a great burger, it's all here. If you're into shopping, just a few blocks away are several large markets selling just about anything. Once the night falls, just turn left outside the Hotel and walk 2 blocks to Upper Penang Road. Here you will find all the clubs and nightlife Georgetown is famous for. But don't discount the Hotels "Citi Bar" here you can get some great Martinis, a variety of flavors for a great price. I stayed several days here and it was a great experience and a perfect spot to explore Georgetown.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert D
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, 1 September 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

I am indeed delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and am glad to note that you have done quite a bit of exploring whilst here.

Paro, Bhutan
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The room itself is clean and the staff is polite.An average hotel in great location. It is just a walking distance to a few popular attraction like the famous Penang Road cendol, Chowrasta Market., where you can buy and eat a cheap yet original taste of Penang Foods, Penang Bazaar sell mostly Muslims attires and local Kebaya and if you walk further more there's a mall in the other opposite side of road.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DianaWangdi
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, 19 August 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Yes, our location is indeed one of our plus points and many of our guests are pleasantly surprised at how convenient it is to move around from here for shopping, dining and even sight-seeing, be it on foot, by trishaw, car or public transport.

I sincerely hope you headed for home with pleasant memories of Penang and my team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Cititel Penang on your next visit.

With kind regards and best wishes,