I was on my way back from overseas and decided to spend a week in Penang.
The location is aset moung the old section of Penang Road with lots old town shops and coffee shops along the place. Not to mention wonders at every corner or back alley. I had the best Indian food with some friends down a side alley and no stomach problems.
Upon entry, the room was of a good size but what was most dissapointing was that I ended up with bed bugs. The service was a bit slow and all in all I only stayed for 2 nights and ended up changing hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport, 5 minutes drive to Penang Ferry terminal, 5-10 minutes walk to nearby tourist attractions such as street arts and UNESCO heritage trails, 15-minutes walk to Chowrasta market and Mydin Hypermarket, 20-minutes walk to Komtar/Prangin Mall/1st Avenue Mall, 20-minutes walk to Esplanade/Beach Street and the Red Garden Hawker Centre is located just opposite the hotel. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Cititel Penang George Town