We stayed for four nights in the victory annex in May /June this year. The hotel is without a doubt a masterpiece. The staff provides an excellent service and has excellent staff special mention to Merlene in the gallery who gave us the story of the hotel and Edward who helped us at Lone Pine when we visited on the free shuttle. Merlene and Edward are both very passionate about the work they do and it shows in the way that they treat their customers. They should both receive a special commendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Fastbooking, Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town