Eastern & Oriental Hotel
Hotel Jen Penang by Shangri-La(George Town)
US$84
G Hotel Kelawai(George Town)
US$147
US$115
Yeng Keng Hotel(George Town)
US$106
US$87
Museum Hotel(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$56
US$62
US$58
Travelocity
Nam Keng Hotel(George Town)
US$77
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Cititel Penang(George Town)
US$85
US$56
Agoda.com
Muntri Grove Hotel(George Town)
US$113
US$87
Trip.com
Armenian Street Heritage Hotel(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$59
Agoda.com
G Times Inn(George Town)
US$25
3,989 results
All reviewsnew wingplanters loungevictory annexesarkies cornercorner suiteinfinity poollone pinebutler servicecocktail hourold world charmsea viewbeautiful hoteloriginal buildingcolonial stylehigh teahuge bathroomstraits quay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and absolutely loved this hotel.
Amazing throughout. The doormen, the front desk staff, the room attendants, the spacious rooms, the bountiful breakfast buffet, the delightful cocktail hour and the stunning infinity pool. Nothing could be faulted for our time here. Close to Georgetown to be able to walk around town (except when it got a bit warm then grab a taxi)
I strongly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants the 5 star treatment.
We stayed in the Victory Annexe - the new wing, beautiful.
We booked through Asiarooms.com for a great price.

1  Thank am72Adelaide
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I decided to stay at the Eastern & Oriental for a weekend getaway from Singapore. I wanted to relax and be pampered as to why I thought the E&O would be an excellent choice. Let's say, I was horribly mistaken. To provide examples of the poor customer service, the concierge is not at all helpful especially if you have two or more questions because they do not have the patience. I asked the concierge if they could book an appointment at the recommended spa located near the hotel. The concierge advised to only provide a time and not request what treatments I wanted beforehand, but to request when I arrive at the spa. When I arrived at the spa, they mentioned they needed to know the treatments in advance so they could prepare staff which is understandable. The concierge did not provide such important information, so had no choice but to only request from a limited list of treatments. Also, my taxi waited 20 minutes in the parking lot because the bell service said I was not present when the taxi initially arrived. However, I was waiting in the lobby 20 minutes prior to my pickup time which the taxi driver mentioned he saw me sitting in the lobby. Furthermore, at the breakfast buffet, we were ignored by the waiting staff where they seemed to only paid attention to families or large groups. After 25 minutes, a waiter came to our table to request if we wanted any coffee or tea which is unacceptable. The hotel is a beautiful, but again, if you want a hotel that treats you well and makes you feel welcome - please avoid. This hotel is not worth the price or headache.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank londongirl2010
Reviewed 23 June 2014

A simply incredible atmosphere.

We stayed in the Victory Annexe which was lovely. Perfectly themed and attention to detail is astounding, from the decor to the branded outdoor lighting glass. The feel is very 'Colonial' and of course, fitting with it's past as a BEIC outpost.

Located conveniently to central Georgetown, the shore and great eateries, there is always a rickshaw available close by and the parking was secure and easy to get to, with staff very helpful when we pulled up out the front. Contrary to earlier reviews, the two separate entries for the Victory Annexe and the older area are very clearly sign posted from both directions.

The room reflected the clean, airy nature of the rest of the hotel and was a delight - plenty of space, beautiful furniture, comfortable bed, delicious old-style wood writing desk, his and her basins with a separate bathroom replete with rain shower and massive claw foot bath.

Free soft drinks and water in the rooms, plus a delicious selection in the Sarkies breakfast room to match the attentive waiter service. Both indoor and outdoor seating is comfortable and well positions.

Truly, truly delightful and will be making this our must-stay accommodation in Penang.

1  Thank SouthcombeRaven
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I must say the way they talk about the new wings and old wings confused me and kind of mislead me to think the 2 wings are so far apart that I decide to pay for an upgrade to move to the old wing as i reached the old wing first. But after that I realise the places are actually very close, must say I am not happy with the way they handle the selling of the old wings.

I do however like the hotel and the pools a lot. beautiful hotel. 2 things that I will like to recommend for changes, 1, the shower foam etc.The quality is lousy for such a nice hotel. 2. The bar doesnt allow kids to enter after certain timing. I think this is not necessary as if parents want to enjoy a drink, they cant be leaving the kids in the room or outside the bar right ? All parents will definitely know how to make sure the kids wont be sipping the alcohol. Just think the rule is strange and silly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lycheetini
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is a great hotel in a good location,a breakfast buffet was included in our stay and is good value with a large variety of foods. We stayed on the 12th floor in the new annexe and complimentary drinks and snacks were available in the Planters lounge between 6pm and 7pm each night and the team at Planters lounge and Sarkies were so friendly and helpful. We also had dinner at Sarkies buffet where the chef came over and explained the different foods available and had it cooked in front of us to our liking. The room was clean and serviced morning and evening, the bathroom was very large with a rain shower and separate bath with two vanities and plenty of room to hang your clothes, slippers, robes and even a sarong for use. We could not fault our stay and congratulations to the hotel staff for being so friendly and helpful,

4  Thank JennyH116