“Chalming Family run Cafe”
Review of Chin Boutique Cafe - CLOSED

Chin Boutique Cafe
Price range: US$1 - US$14
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This little café is a gem. Take lovingly cooked Nonya and Chinese dishes, great ambiance and the friendliness that was shown us by the Chin family, and you have the recipe for a wonderful dining experience. The Café is also an antique gallery but this is no cluttered jumble of dusty antiques. Everything is tidily arranged for display so your eyes and your conversations are drawn to the many interesting items while you wait for your meal to be prepared.
My wife had the Nonya Curried Chicken, and I had the BBQ pork and noodles. I particularly enjoyed the smokey flavour of the pork which is prepared in-house, and the Curried Chicken came with a side dish of tasty shredded vegetable or Kuih mix, lettuce, Pie Tees and rice. Being new to Nonya food, our host was kind enough to explain the correct way of eating the Kuih mix by either wrapping it in the lettuce or using it to fill the cup shaped Pie Tee to form a tasty mouthful to be eaten as finger food.
All in all a very enjoyable experience.

There are newer reviews for Chin Boutique Cafe

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Chin is a café located in a quiet street off Chulia street. The decoration is interesting with lots of
antics. I ordered the chicken chop. It was tasteless, very ordinary and too expensive for what it was. My friend took the chicken mushroom and it was OK. For dessert we took a homemade cake which was fine. They are not offering anything special on their menu and I can find similar food much cheaper on the service done by the owner themselves is fine and the lady is quite friendly.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

we found this place by coincidence and really really enjoyed it here. the decorations are quite unique and the overall atmosphere was just lovely. very warm and welcoming owners (they even shared their daughters birthday cake with us - thank you so much again) and good food.
i highly recommend coming here and enjoy at least a cup of coffee and some chocolate brownies.

1  Thank schmiver
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

The place is gorgeous. The atmosphere is very relaxing and the food is delicious. The owners are really friendly and helpful, which is rare in other restaurants that me and my friends have visited.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I am travel to Penang in March 2014 and I found this place when i am exploring the street arts. This little cafe is indeed very unique with all antiques collections. The home cook was very special and delicious. I tried the Pork Ribs Noodles and the brownies cake. I would certainly recommend my friends to pay a visits. Cheers.