“Reasonable priced boutique hotel”
Review of 69 Boutique Hotel

and 1 more site!
69 Boutique Hotel
Ranked #135 of 169 George Town B&B and Inns
Barcelona, Spain
“Reasonable priced boutique hotel”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

First I was quite reluctant to go to there because of the "erotic-themed" thing... But the room we booked (a superior room with a convenient discount) happened to be just a clean, nice, spacious and sunny room without any noteworthy erotic item.

I remark this just in case someone else, like me, was unsure of the atmosphere they would find. Actualy, I would even recommend it to people travelling with children.

Staff were attentive and efficacious, they helped us to extend our stay and gave good advice about things to do and see.

It's not in the UNESCO protected part of Georgetown but it's near the interest areas and much more modern and clean than most of the same range hotels in the heritage zone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ariadna M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel thru agoda website and requested for a late check out the next day. Understand it is based on hotel availability.
When we checked in, we ask if the late check out was available and was confirmed by the staff. Chinese guy.

The next morning, to re confirm my late check out. I called to the receptionist again, he mentioned was confirmed.

So we left for our medical check up in the nearby hospital. After we came back, we cant even use our card key to enter our room. And they refused to activate our card as they could not identify the person whom give the permission of late check out. Plus they wanted to charged us for the late check out.
So we argued abit longer and they started to call all their colleagues to verified the late check out. And ended up, it was already confirmed but no communication was passed down.

We were so pissed off with the service given by the staff named Mr. Coo. Keep pushing away responsibility and liability. Defensive, no sense of accountability towards his job. I have to consult them that all these inconvenience caused is because of their competence. No apology was given at all. And even said that he is not permanent here in this hotel. As if this is not his job or work place.

Yes, the hotel theme is unique and nice, but services and cleanliness were bad. Like other reviews, bath tub was dirty, carpet were unclean. What is the point for having such an unique hotel to hav such bad service and cleanliness.

The house keeping was worse. I ask for some more toilet paper as it was running out. The Housekeeping ask u checking out today right? Give me the reluctant look to give me A ROLL OF TOILET PAPER THAT I NEEDED BADLY.

Conclusion, this hotel management need to be trained. No doubt the hotel is new and unique theme. I leave this decision for the rest to decide if they want to book this hotel.

Best regards
James

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank lineasy2

Travellers are raving about these George Town hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed here for one night in mid-September with my boyfriend, although we originally booked 4 nights but left because we were unhappy. This hotel markets itself as brand new and clean, however it seems its actually just an older building with only the bathrooms redone and generally poorly maintained and barely cleaned.
First, we were given a standard room, but then changed to a superior because it was unclean and had lots of ants. The next room was slightly better, however, we still weren't very happy with the cleanliness: spiderwebs in all corners of the ceiling and egg nests on the curtains, the shower area was not properly scrubbed from previous guests, and a thick layer of dust all over everything - I had to clean up with wet wipes so we could put our things down.
Anyways we were so tired from an all night trip and didn't have the energy to look for another place, that we decided to stay. The next morning, when we woke up , my laptop computer was COVERED in ants, I'm guessing because I had spilled coffee on it a few months prior and they were attracted by the sugar, so they came out of their hiding spots.
At this point, we decided we needed to leave. It was a really difficult process getting our money back, as the manager was very unresponsive. I had to take them to the room and point out every problem (spiderwebs, ants, dust, etc.) before they finally gave us a refund. The manager just left and didn't offer an apology, leaving his staff who had some difficulty communicating with English to deal with us.
Overall, I would not recommend this place, as it is not what it advertises itself as. Don't be fooled by the photos!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SyN2013
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Love the tub, cleanliness of room and reception was friendly and helpful. Needs more power points in the room and layout was a little wierd but truly a gem for the price. Hope it keeps up the standard!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
kuala lumpur
Reviewed 2 October 2013

nice hotel,clean and new,...................
feel comfortable to stay there..............
good location,just have a parking problem.hope they fix this problem
the price is ok........
around there was many food...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jia_ying_jj
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We booked this hotel attracted by a very competitive price and new amenities since the hotel has just opened. Location is quite central, close to Time Square, however it is not a walking distance to George Town (around a $7 cab drive). When we arrived, we were offered an upgrade to a Superior Room by the manager which was very kind, however when we got the the room it was very disappointing as it has not been cleaned properly with hair around the sink, wet floor in the bathroom and stained sheets. We have asked for someone to come up and clean while we are gone into town, but they seem to have only changed the bedding. The rooms are not bad overall but there is no safety deposit box in the room nor there is one at the reception desk. There is a great large bath in the bathroom but it seems pointless since we had no hot water. That is not something you accept in the accommodation of this type. Hotel offers free WIFI but it's of poor quality.

It looks to me that the hotel has a potential to be good but it is not managed well at the moment. The younger gentleman at the reception desk was particularly useless (I am afraid this is the only expression that comes to my mind) and seemed annoyed whenever approached about anything. He also forgot to inform us about some kind of marathon taking place right in front of our hotel the morning when we were leaving for the airport which resulted in us almost missing our flights as the cab driver could not make his way to pick us up due to road closures etc. He didn't think it was his responsibility to keep informed about any events that might disrupt his guests travel plans.

I would wait for some more reviews before booking a stay in there to see whether lessons are being learnt with time and if the hotel implements certain improvements. At this stage, unfortunately, I would not go back neither would I give it my recommendation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PolishTraveller_blog
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 9 September 2013

New facilities in a boutique style hotel - central location though not necessarily walking distance to any sites, though plenty of food options both sit down and hawker stalls.

The Day manager was particularly gracious as he drove us in rush hour to a CitiBank ATM to extract some local tender while giving us the lay of the land. He genuinely cared about our stay.

More suited to couples, our room had a overly large bathroom - other rooms may be different. Only a few rooms per floor.

Room Tip: Rooms facing street can be a bit noisy.