“Good location nice staff”

Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang
Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in George Town
Sydney, Australia
“Good location nice staff”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in March and had a very good stay. Room was spacious and very comfortable. It is an older hotel but the location is good for exploring Georgetown and rest of the island. Would stay again as value for money is very good.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
bhgpg, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear FreedaMagic,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you for the nice and lovely review of your stay with us in March 2013.

I am glad that you found our rooms nice, comfortable & spacious with our fantastic location to explore Georgetown.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed recently in Bayview Georgetown, together with my 2 colleague for 2 nights (21/10 n 22/10, check in 6.00pm) in room 605,606 and 607. Since we are walk in customer, we don't expect something special from the check in counters. Many thanks to the front desk oficer for upgrading our room with a goverment rate.
The rooms were spacious, clean and had a great view. The other service team members had also been pleasant and helpful.
But the management to need to replace the matress. It was very hard and flat. Uncomfortable and pain to guest especially with back pain.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear faredalias,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you for your nice and lovely review and I am glad that you received a pleasant experience at the Front Desk with a nice spacious, clean and fantastic view from your room.

I have taken note of your comments on the mattress and I would like to inform you that the mattresses are all pretty new...just changed in early 2012. Also the mattress that we bought are from King Koil Chiro-Tech Coil Series which is a recommended mattress for back problems. We do have a top lay that we can add in should guest want a softer bed. This is subject to request and my housekeeping team will make the necessary adjustments.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I was there in December2012, I booked on mid September 2012 and was issued booking itinerary via email.

Arrived Penang and Bayview Hotel at 9.00 a.m and register with the front desk at that time. Told by the front person everthing has been reserved and I even secured the booking through credit card (that was what the hotel promised, guarantee booking only with credit card).

Doing some leisure activity and island touring the day with the family. Then, at the time of check-in at 10.30pm we were told that there was no room reserved. We were shocked!!

My wife got mad and asked the manager on duty to be presented to us, explain and provide us with room since we already secure the booking using credit card in the morning. I think may be the system or the front person need more training on booking system coz the manger was able to track our booking when he logged on using his account.

But our time was lost for over half an hour to 45 minutes because of the hitch in the booking system. Pity our two kids , they had to wait in exhaustion..

However the manager was quick to save the day/night, but left me wondering, what on earth is going on between the front clerk and manager booking IT system?that almost wrecked havoc if we didn't get our room that night?

Things goes smoothly after that, the manager even ask the security guard to bring our luggage upstairs-normally this is a bellboy job, maybe they try to compensate for mistake made earlier, and this also cool us down - afterall we did gave the security guard a bit of tips..

Breakfast was great, many variety of breakfast menu and the ID and cafe setting was very cozy.

Also we did get the bay view room where we could enjoy the early morning view, beautifully overlooking the Penang Bridge and Starits of Malacca, breathtaking view (that was the view we demanded and confirm by the itinerary booking)

Our kids were also woke up early from bed just to accompanied us to experience morning view of the Malacca Straits at 6.20a.m

Everything was good except the hitch at the front desk experience that night..

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear admeenjbdh,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

First and foremost, please allow me to sincerely apologize for the poor impression and service inefficiency that you had experience at the front desk on your previous stay with us in 2012. I am glad that the Duty Manager managed to resolve the situation fast and there after your stay with us was without any further hitches.

Thank you very much for your compliments on the view from your room as well as the buffet breakfast served which I will convey your comments to the Kitchen Department.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back again to Bayview Georgetown again this year. Do drop me a line and I will ensure you a nice room with a view and no more "hiccups" this time.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed from 16-20 October 2013. Pleasant welcome on check-in. Staff were well trained and polite. Hotel Manager, Mr. Lawrence Perera, exudes passion in well being of ensuring my stay was comfortable. This must have infectiously spread to all his staff who provided great service all the way. Good location. Good room. Great service. Thanks to ALL. Will be back.

2 Thank Teh L
bhgpg, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Teh L,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you for this excellent review and for giving us a 5/5 score. I am happy that everything went well with your stay and that all my staff had exceeded your expectations.

I thank you for your endorsement & support and we all look forward to welcoing you back to Bayview Georgetown Penang again soon.

SG
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I recently stayed in Bayview Georgetown, together with my extended family for 2 nights in room 1219 and 1220. The rooms were spacious, clean and had a great view of the bay. Thanks to Izham for offering me the upgrade.

This is my second visit to Bayview Georgetown and I would like to thank the hotel service team on their excellent services esp. Izham from the Front-desk and Anthony from the Concierge. They showed professionalism together with personal touches that were exemplary and made the guests feel welcomed. 2 thumbs up for them. The other service team members had also been pleasant and helpful.

All in all, my parents and my family had a great stay. I'll definitely come back to Bayview Georgetown the next time I visit Penang.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank FredTKT
Dear FredTKT,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you very much for this lovely review and for giving us a 5/5 score. I am happy that all my staff (especially Izham & Anthony) was proactive and had exceeded in their services which resulted in you and your family having a great time staying with us.

I thank you for your endorsement & support and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Bayview Georgetown Penang again.

Kind regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is my second time with Bayview Georgetown - the first was an above average experience. This time around, the GM of the hotel took note of my suggestions the last time around and went out of his way to improve my experience

And it was greatly improved.

I was given a renovated room on the 12th floor and it was a huge room with an excellent view. The bathroom had a shower and a bathtub which is great. Water pressure of good and hot and cold water could be easily adjusted and controlled. All amenities were there - towels were fresh and in good condition.

The King bed had a hard mattress which suited me find. The little improvement included soft and hard pillows so the guest can choose to use either or both (two extra pillows available in the wardrobe over the four on the bed).

Coffee and tea sachets available although there weren't any sweetners (minor quip).

The television was well positioned but channel selection was limited.

My only disappointment is the gym - it has a cross-trainer, two treadmills and a bike (not too bad) but only one bench and very few dumb-bells - I think this definitely has room for improvement. The pool is very nice - very family-friendly.

All in all - I think Bayview Georgetown has definitely done a good job.

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated rooms
Dear R L,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you very much for this excellent review. I take feedback from all guests seriously and find ways to improve and I am glad that your stay with us was pleasant.

I have taken note of your comments over the gym equipment and hopefully and I will be able to further upgrade them.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us again and I hope that you will continue to support us all the way.

Till your next trip to Bayview Georgetown Penang.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Had a 1 night stay for a business trip recently. The 1st impression upon check-in wasn't very good because the staff lacked the professionalism and friendliness of a 3/4 star hotel. The front desk manager was not very helpful in addressing my concerns when I asked about booking connecting rooms for a future trip. The sales team however did respond promptly to request for corporate rate and secured the booking on last minute request. There were some language barriers with the housekeeping staff which could'n't comprehend English very well but were still generally friendly. The breakfast was good, staff in the coffeehouse were helpful with small requests. Tips - ask for deluxe rooms if you want non-smoking and do ask for morning paper if you want it (not given, otherwise). Rooms are newly refurbished and spacious (maybe a little empty looking due to the space).

1 Thank sugarstic
bhgpg, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Sugarstic,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

I would like to apologize for the poor impression you had experience from the Front Office team during check-in. I will certainly look into this and ensure that the team improves on the service.

I am glad that apart for the small hiccup, everything else with your stay was good.

It was a pleasure having you with us and I sincerely hope that you will continue to stay with us weather it is for business or leisure.