“1 nite stopover”

Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang
Ranked #26 of 87 Hotels in George Town
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed only 1 nite for biking around Penang. Pleasant 3~4 star hotel, Clean, pleasant & convenient location (about 1.5 km to Gurney Drive & less than 500m walk to GeorgeTown World Heritage site). Hotel is just next to the Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion. Plenty of parking lots for hotel guest. Good value for money and I got a free upgrade to a bigger room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
bhgpg, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear JoeKwan,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you for this nice review and I am glad that you had a pleasant experience and a nice stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We only stayed at the Bayview for a night however it was an excellent stay. The room was spacious, nicely decorated and tidy, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast buffet had a huge selection.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
bhgpg, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear JohnGrahamUK,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you for this excellent review and for giving us a 5/5 score.

I am happy that you had a wonderful experience staying with us from the nice & spacious room to the friendly & helpful staff and finally to the huge selection at the buffet breakfast.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we hope that you will stay longer with us the next time.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in March and had a very good stay. Room was spacious and very comfortable. It is an older hotel but the location is good for exploring Georgetown and rest of the island. Would stay again as value for money is very good.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear FreedaMagic,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you for the nice and lovely review of your stay with us in March 2013.

I am glad that you found our rooms nice, comfortable & spacious with our fantastic location to explore Georgetown.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed recently in Bayview Georgetown, together with my 2 colleague for 2 nights (21/10 n 22/10, check in 6.00pm) in room 605,606 and 607. Since we are walk in customer, we don't expect something special from the check in counters. Many thanks to the front desk oficer for upgrading our room with a goverment rate.
The rooms were spacious, clean and had a great view. The other service team members had also been pleasant and helpful.
But the management to need to replace the matress. It was very hard and flat. Uncomfortable and pain to guest especially with back pain.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear faredalias,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you for your nice and lovely review and I am glad that you received a pleasant experience at the Front Desk with a nice spacious, clean and fantastic view from your room.

I have taken note of your comments on the mattress and I would like to inform you that the mattresses are all pretty new...just changed in early 2012. Also the mattress that we bought are from King Koil Chiro-Tech Coil Series which is a recommended mattress for back problems. We do have a top lay that we can add in should guest want a softer bed. This is subject to request and my housekeeping team will make the necessary adjustments.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I was there in December2012, I booked on mid September 2012 and was issued booking itinerary via email.

Arrived Penang and Bayview Hotel at 9.00 a.m and register with the front desk at that time. Told by the front person everthing has been reserved and I even secured the booking through credit card (that was what the hotel promised, guarantee booking only with credit card).

Doing some leisure activity and island touring the day with the family. Then, at the time of check-in at 10.30pm we were told that there was no room reserved. We were shocked!!

My wife got mad and asked the manager on duty to be presented to us, explain and provide us with room since we already secure the booking using credit card in the morning. I think may be the system or the front person need more training on booking system coz the manger was able to track our booking when he logged on using his account.

But our time was lost for over half an hour to 45 minutes because of the hitch in the booking system. Pity our two kids , they had to wait in exhaustion..

However the manager was quick to save the day/night, but left me wondering, what on earth is going on between the front clerk and manager booking IT system?that almost wrecked havoc if we didn't get our room that night?

Things goes smoothly after that, the manager even ask the security guard to bring our luggage upstairs-normally this is a bellboy job, maybe they try to compensate for mistake made earlier, and this also cool us down - afterall we did gave the security guard a bit of tips..

Breakfast was great, many variety of breakfast menu and the ID and cafe setting was very cozy.

Also we did get the bay view room where we could enjoy the early morning view, beautifully overlooking the Penang Bridge and Starits of Malacca, breathtaking view (that was the view we demanded and confirm by the itinerary booking)

Our kids were also woke up early from bed just to accompanied us to experience morning view of the Malacca Straits at 6.20a.m

Everything was good except the hitch at the front desk experience that night..

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear admeenjbdh,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

First and foremost, please allow me to sincerely apologize for the poor impression and service inefficiency that you had experience at the front desk on your previous stay with us in 2012. I am glad that the Duty Manager managed to resolve the situation fast and there after your stay with us was without any further hitches.

Thank you very much for your compliments on the view from your room as well as the buffet breakfast served which I will convey your comments to the Kitchen Department.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back again to Bayview Georgetown again this year. Do drop me a line and I will ensure you a nice room with a view and no more "hiccups" this time.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed from 16-20 October 2013. Pleasant welcome on check-in. Staff were well trained and polite. Hotel Manager, Mr. Lawrence Perera, exudes passion in well being of ensuring my stay was comfortable. This must have infectiously spread to all his staff who provided great service all the way. Good location. Good room. Great service. Thanks to ALL. Will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Teh L
bhgpg, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Teh L,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you for this excellent review and for giving us a 5/5 score. I am happy that everything went well with your stay and that all my staff had exceeded your expectations.

I thank you for your endorsement & support and we all look forward to welcoing you back to Bayview Georgetown Penang again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I recently stayed in Bayview Georgetown, together with my extended family for 2 nights in room 1219 and 1220. The rooms were spacious, clean and had a great view of the bay. Thanks to Izham for offering me the upgrade.

This is my second visit to Bayview Georgetown and I would like to thank the hotel service team on their excellent services esp. Izham from the Front-desk and Anthony from the Concierge. They showed professionalism together with personal touches that were exemplary and made the guests feel welcomed. 2 thumbs up for them. The other service team members had also been pleasant and helpful.

All in all, my parents and my family had a great stay. I'll definitely come back to Bayview Georgetown the next time I visit Penang.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FredTKT

Dear FredTKT,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you very much for this lovely review and for giving us a 5/5 score. I am happy that all my staff (especially Izham & Anthony) was proactive and had exceeded in their services which resulted in you and your family having a great time staying with us.

I thank you for your endorsement & support and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Bayview Georgetown Penang again.

Kind regards,