Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang
Seven Terraces(George Town)
US$176
US$161
G Hotel Gurney(George Town)
US$168
US$124
US$139
US$78
US$175
US$138
US$121
US$99
G Hotel Kelawai(George Town)
US$153
US$117
Spices Hotel(George Town)
US$58
US$55
  • Breakfast included
Muntri Grove Hotel(George Town)
US$119
US$93
US$89
US$60
US$58
1,360 results
All reviewsrevolving restaurantrooftop bargrand deluxe roomred gardencheong fatt tze mansionwalking distancesea viewtaxi standnon smokingblue mansionswimming poolbuffet breakfast isrooms are bigstandard roomeastern oriental hotelpleasant stayfamily room
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Everything is Good, except check-in Time 3pm too late.
Normally hotel is 2pm but Bayview set to 3pm.
Hotel should speed up cleaning process and NOT ask customer to wait.
I register at 1.50pm and had to wait at Hotel Kopitiam till 3pm, and nobody call to collect the key even staff already commit will call once room is ready.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
bhgpg, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear T_HK88,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

I have taken note of your comments and we honestly do try our level best to release rooms as fast as we can. The cleaning process does takes time as we have to ensure that everything is in order to maintain a set standard.

I agree with you that my staff should have been more proactive in locating you once the room is ready and I will look into improving this.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Distance from airport:
The hotel is approx 30-40 minutes from the airport.

Location:
Near the central area
Food joints are just 1 block away from the hotel i.e. 5 minutes walk
Maybank is just next door
Taxi can be arranged at concierge or at the taxi stand just opposite the hotel

Facilities:
Gym, swimming pool, massage centre, tailor shop

Room:
Big enough for 3 person
Toilet can fit 4 person at a time
Bathtub, separate shower, toilet
Internet access - wifi in the room
Astro channels
The hotel is square in shape with one entrance and exit to the elevators, so need to plan your time and energy (to reach the room and to leave the hotel) especially after a long day outside.

Front office:
check-in and check-out was fast i.e. less than 5 minutes

Breakfast:
basic, not much choice, taste okay

Sleeping quality:
No complain.

Overall experience:
Okay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
bhgpg, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear nazzerooney,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you very much for your in depth and positive review of the hotel.

I am glad that everything went well with your stay and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stay in superior room for two nights. We request for king size bedroom but the reception said all superior room only have two single bed. I doubt about it as I notice that only standard room is smoking and single bed. Hence I book superior that have king size bed and non smoking room. So, I question that and pointed on the printed confirmed booking and he able to give me king size bed. Why don't want to offer guest at first place? And when I ask about renovated room as I read from other review , some rooms done renovation, he immediately say all room complete renovation , which isn't true. He offer me smoking room as non smoking not available. OK...fine...
To my surprise, the room are very dated. Two lamp not functioning, broken sink , safe not functioning. Bathtub not clean, still can find hair and very sticky surface. Smoking room really smoky, I have problem to sleep whole night. The next day request to change to non smoking room and it is much better for non smoker like me. But the room size is much smaller than the previous room.

Buffet breakfast is OK. Wide variety. Swimming pool not bad, shaded so it's chilling in the morning. Location is good. Convenience and easy to go anywhere. Free WiFi is fast and good.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tan K
bhgpg, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Tan K,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Please accept my apologies for the poor service rendered during check-in. I would sincerely appreciate it if you could message me your room number so that I can further investigate and re-training be provided to the staff concern.

For your further information, all our Deluxe room and above categories have already been refreshed. Refreshment works on the Superior & Standard will be starting soon.

Thank you for your nice comments on our buffet breakfast, swimming pool, good location & fast Wi-Fi.

Please do contact me on your stay and I will ensure that you get a nice no-smoking king-size bed room.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Good location, walking distance to the old colonial center of Georgetown and lots of restaurants close by. Rooms are a bit dated, most noticeable the bathroom needs a serious upgrade. Swimming pool and rooftop bar are nice add ons, as well as the free wifi. Breakfast had a good variety.

On the flipside, the staff wasn't overly friendly. Needed to wait for hours until we could get into our room while the hotel was far from full. Not a bad experience overall, and wouldnt mind staying again for a short stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
bhgpg, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear StevenB81,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us and for endorsing on our good location right in the heart of Heritage Georgetown, the many attractions and food.

We are in the midst of refreshing all our Standard & Superior rooms and I am sure that once this exercise is completed, you will like the refresh rooms. All our Deluxe rooms and above categories have been completed.

I apologize for the wait in getting your room early.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. I requested for a high floor non smoking room and I got exactly that. Service is very good. Although the building is old the maintenance is also good. So no complaints about that. The breakfast menu is very limited with not much edible items (to my taste). Overall I am happy with this hotel. If I come back again I will surely stay at this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
bhgpg, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear From_Melbourne_2014,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you for your nice review and I am glad that your request was well met and that you had a good experience staying with us.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.