...and gorgeous. Lovely place to stay, updated sympathetically some years ago. Very kind and friendly staff, truly memorable experience in a historically unique hotel. Some if the fixtures were a little tired in places, but this did not interfere with the experience - and the building is currently undergoing restoration....so go now while it's still a bargain! And don't forget your camera.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Home to Historic Splendour 'ONE OF 10 GREATEST MANSIONS IN THE WORLD' LONELY PLANET 2011 A Grand Mansion conceived and constructed by a Grand Man; an eminent edifice which History calls Home; a peerless representation of the Paradigm Chinese Courtyard House – the Cheong Fatt Tze “Blue” Mansion has been perfectly poised for over a century on firm foundations of architectural, cultural and historic superlatives. Essentially an ‘heirloom with rooms’, today, the Mansion readily bequeaths its charms to visitors who are able to indulge in Exclusive Heritage Homestays; **Guided Tours; and Tailored Functions on its premises. Reputedly the favourite home of the “Last Mandarin and First Capitalist of China”, the Mansion is undoubtedly the favourite home of George Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Cheong Fatt Tze - The Blue Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion Hotel Georgetown
- Cheong Fatt Tze - The Blue Mansion Penang/George Town