It was an experieince to have tourists come to take tours of the hotel in which we were staying. As occupants, we were entitled to take the tour for free, which was very interesting. The house is intriguing and beautiful. The room in which we stayed was large and comfortable. Although this was more expensive than other places we stayed recently in SE Asia, this was, as several guidebooks say, the place to splurge. There is a noisy food area next door at night which, thankfully, is not heard in the guest rooms. Staff was quite helpful. A good breakfast was served.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Home to Historic Splendour 'ONE OF 10 GREATEST MANSIONS IN THE WORLD' LONELY PLANET 2011 A Grand Mansion conceived and constructed by a Grand Man; an eminent edifice which History calls Home; a peerless representation of the Paradigm Chinese Courtyard House – the Cheong Fatt Tze “Blue” Mansion has been perfectly poised for over a century on firm foundations of architectural, cultural and historic superlatives. Essentially an ‘heirloom with rooms’, today, the Mansion readily bequeaths its charms to visitors who are able to indulge in Exclusive Heritage Homestays; **Guided Tours; and Tailored Functions on its premises. Reputedly the favourite home of the “Last Mandarin and First Capitalist of China”, the Mansion is undoubtedly the favourite home of George Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Cheong Fatt Tze - The Blue Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion Hotel Georgetown
- Cheong Fatt Tze - The Blue Mansion Penang/George Town