This Hotel is definitely worth a visit. Being a world heritage site tours of the hotel were given to the public, but this did not interfere with residence. The staff were very courteous and helpful. The rooms were very well appointed, the restoration work has mixed the old with the modern very tastefully. Rooms have all mod cons combined with antique furniture. The hotel is next to a Chinese food market, where entertainment can go on to a little after midnight and some rooms are susceptible to the possible noise. The breakfast was excellent and well served, there was also a buffet for continental style breakfast. As we tend to venture out and explore the locality, we did not eat in the hotel restaurant, but the menu's looked great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Home to Historic Splendour 'ONE OF 10 GREATEST MANSIONS IN THE WORLD' LONELY PLANET 2011 A Grand Mansion conceived and constructed by a Grand Man; an eminent edifice which History calls Home; a peerless representation of the Paradigm Chinese Courtyard House – the Cheong Fatt Tze “Blue” Mansion has been perfectly poised for over a century on firm foundations of architectural, cultural and historic superlatives. Essentially an ‘heirloom with rooms’, today, the Mansion readily bequeaths its charms to visitors who are able to indulge in Exclusive Heritage Homestays; **Guided Tours; and Tailored Functions on its premises. Reputedly the favourite home of the “Last Mandarin and First Capitalist of China”, the Mansion is undoubtedly the favourite home of George Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Cheong Fatt Tze - The Blue Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion Hotel Georgetown
- Cheong Fatt Tze - The Blue Mansion Penang/George Town