1,817 results
All reviewsexecutive floorwelcome ice creamshopping mallsea viewkit katfree mini barfood centrebig shoppingmodern hotelbatu ferringhilocal foodupon checkchecking inbusiness hotelnight marketinfinity pooldeluxe room
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great service and nice surrounding ! I was having my one week training trips in Penang , the first step into the hotel i met the receptionist with kindly smile, even though I am tired of 36 hours of flight, while waiting for the room to get ready, I have a beer at the G lounge, Leonard, the staff in the bar was marvelous, because of him, everyday after the training, I will get myself have a beer and chit chat with him at the bar. For the one week, I just get myself to stay in the hotel with the bar boy ! And I was feel great to enjoy the hawker that nearby to the hotel in the evening. Will be back to this hotel if I had the chance ! Just add on some tips, whoever have the chance to stay in this hotel, please get yourself to visit the bar at G lounge to meet that staff !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
PenangGHotel, General Manager at G Hotel Gurney, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from g Hotel!

Thank you for your kind review and for choosing g Hotel as you had your one week training trip here in Penang.

I am glad to hear that the receptionist brighten your day with their kind smiles after your long flight here. I am also pleased to hear that you’ve actually made a friend here and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Leonard, who I know will be delighted.

Once again, thank you for your valuable review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Michael Hanratty

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed a few days in G hotel, everything was fine. Just a bit pricey.
The pool and gym was good. Open at 6am. Near to gurney drive with many food. Good night food market, local food are nice but pricey as compare to the heritage area in georgetown.
Price difference is about 30%. So if you want good and cheap food, go to the heritage area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank lineasy2
PenangGHotel, General Manager at G Hotel Gurney, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at G Hotel.

It is our great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your overall stay.

We look forward to welcoming back you in the future.

Kind regards,

Michael Hanratty

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I must say that the service standards set for this hotel is truly amazing. Upon reaching, the concierge helped us with our luggage and thereafter we went for our check-in and was greeted with a cup of ice-cream each while the front desk staff was retrieving our reg card. Everything happened within a span of less than 10 minutes.

When we entered the room, the view was spectacular with full sea view and a big clean room with superb amenities. Room was clean and the executive lounge had a spectacular view as well where you can enjoy your evening cocktail while enjoying the view.

Location wise, a thumbs up as it's just beside Gurney Plaza and walking distance to Paragon. IN terms of food, there were tons of food establishments located near this hotel. Took a ride to Batu Ferrighi but somewhat didn't like this area as it seems like it's only vibrant during the night but not the day. Prior to booking with this hotel, was contemplating to book here or Traders but after some thoughts decided to go with this hotel. Am glad to say it's worth the money.

Only set backs though was the service standards at their cafe where the service staffs do not bother to even attend to you and when you call for service, it was service with an attitude. It was not until the 2nd day that i got taken back when one of the service staff by the name of Tuhin came and took our order with a big smile. Somehow this had won back a little of our votes.

One thing to look out for will be the breakfast time where service staff do not sit you down but rather asked you for room number and that's it. Scramble for table if they are full. Next thing would be the service staffs do not bother to clear used plates or bowls and you can see guests stacking their plates and bowls which is sure a turn off.

To end off, if it's not because of the service standards by the front office and executive lounge, I wouldn't even consider returning. G Cafe should buck up their service standard before it the service standards go down further.

Room Tip: Can consider a higher category
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rendchee
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Very huge and stylish lobby! Good location for local food and shopping! But not all the suites are facing the sea. I will recommend this hotel if you travel for a good beach!
Here is the suggestion:
1) Breakfast price is good but slightly expensive!
2) Lounge was too small to occupied for all the club guest, more man power needed.
3) Website should be display more picture of rooms.
However, overall the experience was great. Staff are very humble and helpful. Thanks Louis for your kind service and warm hospitality.
Will will back again!!

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 5 October 2013

nestled gurney plaza & gurney paragon, defiantly a place for shoppers, but for those who want tranquility, better not choose this hotel, as it's jam pack and high in noise pollution
the service was satisfying and overall i'll give it a thumbs up

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends