1,817 results
All reviewsexecutive floorwelcome ice creamshopping mallsea viewkit katfree mini barfood centrebig shoppingmodern hotelbatu ferringhilocal foodupon checkchecking inbusiness hotelnight marketinfinity pooldeluxe room
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Our enjoyed our stay thoroughly at G hotel. Our room was larger than we expected, clean and modern decor with sea view. We were welcomed by friendly staff wherever we went and enjoyed dining both in-room aswell as the restaurants. The food menu's offer international choices that cater for everyone. We loved the location with the convenience of shops and cafes around. We would certainly return back to stay at G Hotel in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
PenangGHotel, General Manager at G Hotel Gurney, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Warm greetings from g Hotel!

Thank you for your delightful insight of g Hotel following your stay in February.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay thoroughly. I am also pleased to hear that you love the location of the hotel as we at g Hotel are proud to be Malaysia’s most stylish address.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We would certainly welcome you back to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

While on business travel I chose this hotel because it was recommended to me by my coworkers and for its location to shopping and hawker centers. The hotel is infact located next to a huge shopping mall (Paragon) and the Gurney drive hawker center is within walking distance. The hotel looks great on the outside and the decor has a modern chic vibe to it. However the room I was given was dingy. The carpets had stains on them and the mattress was SUPER EXTREME hard. I woke up feeling tired and not well rested,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank cornpops86

Warm greetings from g Hotel!

Thank you for your constructive review and for choosing g Hotel as you had your business travel here in Penang.

I am glad to hear that the location of g Hotel is well recommended and love your comment “the decor has a modern chic vibe to it” as we emphasize on modern & stylish living here at g. I am however concerned to hear that your room was not up to par. Please be assured that I have informed our Executive Housekeeper on the matter and will make sure that the cleanliness of every room is well maintain.

In regards to the bed, may I suggest that a mattress topper is to be placed on the bed which you can request via our Guest Service Centre during your next visit to enhance sleeping comfort.

Once again, our apologies for the less than satisfactory room experience and thank you for your time in writing this review. We look forward to welcoming you back and have the opportunity to be of service again.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great service and nice surrounding ! I was having my one week training trips in Penang , the first step into the hotel i met the receptionist with kindly smile, even though I am tired of 36 hours of flight, while waiting for the room to get ready, I have a beer at the G lounge, Leonard, the staff in the bar was marvelous, because of him, everyday after the training, I will get myself have a beer and chit chat with him at the bar. For the one week, I just get myself to stay in the hotel with the bar boy ! And I was feel great to enjoy the hawker that nearby to the hotel in the evening. Will be back to this hotel if I had the chance ! Just add on some tips, whoever have the chance to stay in this hotel, please get yourself to visit the bar at G lounge to meet that staff !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Warm greetings from g Hotel!

Thank you for your kind review and for choosing g Hotel as you had your one week training trip here in Penang.

I am glad to hear that the receptionist brighten your day with their kind smiles after your long flight here. I am also pleased to hear that you’ve actually made a friend here and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Leonard, who I know will be delighted.

Once again, thank you for your valuable review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed a few days in G hotel, everything was fine. Just a bit pricey.
The pool and gym was good. Open at 6am. Near to gurney drive with many food. Good night food market, local food are nice but pricey as compare to the heritage area in georgetown.
Price difference is about 30%. So if you want good and cheap food, go to the heritage area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank lineasy2
PenangGHotel, General Manager at G Hotel Gurney, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at G Hotel.

It is our great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your overall stay.

We look forward to welcoming back you in the future.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I must say that the service standards set for this hotel is truly amazing. Upon reaching, the concierge helped us with our luggage and thereafter we went for our check-in and was greeted with a cup of ice-cream each while the front desk staff was retrieving our reg card. Everything happened within a span of less than 10 minutes.

When we entered the room, the view was spectacular with full sea view and a big clean room with superb amenities. Room was clean and the executive lounge had a spectacular view as well where you can enjoy your evening cocktail while enjoying the view.

Location wise, a thumbs up as it's just beside Gurney Plaza and walking distance to Paragon. IN terms of food, there were tons of food establishments located near this hotel. Took a ride to Batu Ferrighi but somewhat didn't like this area as it seems like it's only vibrant during the night but not the day. Prior to booking with this hotel, was contemplating to book here or Traders but after some thoughts decided to go with this hotel. Am glad to say it's worth the money.

Only set backs though was the service standards at their cafe where the service staffs do not bother to even attend to you and when you call for service, it was service with an attitude. It was not until the 2nd day that i got taken back when one of the service staff by the name of Tuhin came and took our order with a big smile. Somehow this had won back a little of our votes.

One thing to look out for will be the breakfast time where service staff do not sit you down but rather asked you for room number and that's it. Scramble for table if they are full. Next thing would be the service staffs do not bother to clear used plates or bowls and you can see guests stacking their plates and bowls which is sure a turn off.

To end off, if it's not because of the service standards by the front office and executive lounge, I wouldn't even consider returning. G Cafe should buck up their service standard before it the service standards go down further.

Room Tip: Can consider a higher category
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple