1,827 results
All reviews executive floor welcome ice cream shopping mall sea view kit kat free mini bar food centre big shopping modern hotel batu ferringhi local food upon check checking in business hotel night market infinity pool deluxe room
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Had a night stay in this hotel which is convenience to Penang most hot spot street dining and shopping mall.
Beware of heavy traffic jam just in front of the hotel during peak hour & evening time.
Just a walk away to the most popular local street food in Penang!
The hotel serving arrival welcome ice-cream and serving a great international breakfast buffet.
Room was normal... Just feeling of little bit pricey compare to quality and room, but most the cost by the location.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Our enjoyed our stay thoroughly at G hotel. Our room was larger than we expected, clean and modern decor with sea view. We were welcomed by friendly staff wherever we went and enjoyed dining both in-room aswell as the restaurants. The food menu's offer international choices that cater for everyone. We loved the location with the convenience of shops and cafes around. We would certainly return back to stay at G Hotel in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
PenangGHotel, General Manager at G Hotel Gurney, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Warm greetings from g Hotel!

Thank you for your delightful insight of g Hotel following your stay in February.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay thoroughly. I am also pleased to hear that you love the location of the hotel as we at g Hotel are proud to be Malaysia’s most stylish address.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We would certainly welcome you back to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

While on business travel I chose this hotel because it was recommended to me by my coworkers and for its location to shopping and hawker centers. The hotel is infact located next to a huge shopping mall (Paragon) and the Gurney drive hawker center is within walking distance. The hotel looks great on the outside and the decor has a modern chic vibe to it. However the room I was given was dingy. The carpets had stains on them and the mattress was SUPER EXTREME hard. I woke up feeling tired and not well rested,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank cornpops86

Warm greetings from g Hotel!

Thank you for your constructive review and for choosing g Hotel as you had your business travel here in Penang.

I am glad to hear that the location of g Hotel is well recommended and love your comment “the decor has a modern chic vibe to it” as we emphasize on modern & stylish living here at g. I am however concerned to hear that your room was not up to par. Please be assured that I have informed our Executive Housekeeper on the matter and will make sure that the cleanliness of every room is well maintain.

In regards to the bed, may I suggest that a mattress topper is to be placed on the bed which you can request via our Guest Service Centre during your next visit to enhance sleeping comfort.

Once again, our apologies for the less than satisfactory room experience and thank you for your time in writing this review. We look forward to welcoming you back and have the opportunity to be of service again.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great service and nice surrounding ! I was having my one week training trips in Penang , the first step into the hotel i met the receptionist with kindly smile, even though I am tired of 36 hours of flight, while waiting for the room to get ready, I have a beer at the G lounge, Leonard, the staff in the bar was marvelous, because of him, everyday after the training, I will get myself have a beer and chit chat with him at the bar. For the one week, I just get myself to stay in the hotel with the bar boy ! And I was feel great to enjoy the hawker that nearby to the hotel in the evening. Will be back to this hotel if I had the chance ! Just add on some tips, whoever have the chance to stay in this hotel, please get yourself to visit the bar at G lounge to meet that staff !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Warm greetings from g Hotel!

Thank you for your kind review and for choosing g Hotel as you had your one week training trip here in Penang.

I am glad to hear that the receptionist brighten your day with their kind smiles after your long flight here. I am also pleased to hear that you’ve actually made a friend here and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Leonard, who I know will be delighted.

Once again, thank you for your valuable review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed a few days in G hotel, everything was fine. Just a bit pricey.
The pool and gym was good. Open at 6am. Near to gurney drive with many food. Good night food market, local food are nice but pricey as compare to the heritage area in georgetown.
Price difference is about 30%. So if you want good and cheap food, go to the heritage area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank lineasy2
PenangGHotel, General Manager at G Hotel Gurney, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at G Hotel.

It is our great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your overall stay.

We look forward to welcoming back you in the future.