Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$119
Hotels.comUS$119
Trip.comUS$125
TravelocityUS$119
PricelineUS$125
eDreamsUS$119
1,998 results
All reviews executive floor shopping mall sea view kit kat complimentary ice cream free mini bar local food hotel lobby spacious room f b food court street food gurney gym xl minibar penang
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 October 2019 via mobile

Has stayed in G hotel Gurney on many occasions. Clean and comfortable room, good service, nice breakfast, executive lounge is great too! Walking distance to 2 big shopping malls. So far it’s all good except this time. I was assigned room 1405 and it’s the worst stay. 1405 is one floor below the executive lounge so every morning from 6am onwards I can hear footsteps walking to and forth from the ceiling of the room. Unless you are a morning person who wake up at 6am or someone who sleep deeply, please avoid this room. I didn’t have a good sleep and after calling the reception to feedback, nothing is being done. So the footsteps continued the whole morning. Overall sound proofing is good for the other stays except for this time.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
PenangGHotel, General Manager at G Hotel Gurney, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at G Hotel Gurney and posting your experience on TripAdvisor.

I do apologize that the room allocated had caused sleepless nights. We will review this issue and see how we can make improvements to ensure this does not recover. In the meantime we have updated your profile to ensure we allocate a different room on your future visits. Our sincere apologizes for the inconvenience and for not reacting to the situation in a proper manner.

Once again, thank you for bringing this matter to my attention and we do hope that you will give us a chance to welcome you back in the future so we may show you, our commitment to service excellence.

Reviewed 11 October 2019

I have experienced staying in the hotel twice! And both are beyond expectation. They say you pay for what you get and that is what G Hotel is all about.

Warm friendly staff (Although there was one doorman who was teasing me in Bahasa thinking I didnt understand the language, I am a Malaysian)
Room is super nice
Bed is super comfy
Breakfast is amazing
Everything is amazing'

So no complaints except that doorman should keep his comments to himself.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at G Hotel Gurney and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We do however apologize that our Doorman was not sensitive or acted in an inappropriate manner. I have spoken with the team to stress the importance of respect and courteousness to all our guests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and we do hope to welcome you back to show our commitment to service excellence.

Reviewed 10 October 2019

Great Place to stay if you are in Penang.
Lots of Restaurants in walking distance.
The G is a great Place to stay. Great Accommodations, Great Staff and Great Food.
A special shout out to the Tree Bar and all their staff especially Tuhin,

Room tip: Upgrade to Club Room Accommodations. The Executive Club on the 15th Floor has great food and drinks, The staff their are always Great !
Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at G Hotel Gurney and posting your wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read that you were impressed with many aspects of your stay, especially the excellent services rendered by the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 7 October 2019 via mobile

I like how the staff were attentive and helpful. Kudos to Mavrick (unique spelling there) for being outstanding in his service. The same could be said of the other staff. Only gripe is the facilities need more improvement. The light switches in the room are confusing. Took us a while to figure it all out. There could have been more cupboard shelves available outside the bathroom too (room 1806). Hot water in the shower was not stable too. Oscillates from scalding hot to icy cold.

Still, despite these minor inconveniences, hubby and I agree it's a value for money stay. And the warmth of the staff made the experience more pleasant. Would definitely come back again. Hopefully the water issue would be fixed then.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

It was great to read that overall you enjoyed your stay, however I was sorry to hear that you had encountered some challenges with the hot water system in the room. Upon acknowledgement of your feedback, I have raised your comments to our maintenance team to ensure appropriate action is taken to prevent any other guest being similarly inconvenience in the future. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I have also spoken with Mavirck to thank him for the excellent service he provided to you. Customer care is extremely important to us and it was very good to know the entire team was outstanding.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2019

G hotel overcharged my stay from my credit card. The blling is confusing. Service in the front desk is bad, no greeting and no proactively communication. Staffs at the font desk are lack of hospitality experience.

Date of stay: September 2019
PenangGHotel, General Manager at G Hotel Gurney, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2019

Dear Guest,

It was disappointing to read that this was a less than satisfactory stay. The areas you have highlighted, in particular the lack of attentive services by Reception Team is certainly alarming and goes against everything we consistently strive for. I sincerely apologize for this and can assure you; proactive measures have been put in place to ensure this does not occur in the future.

In regards to your billing issue – I have reviewed the matter and would like to highlight that as per Malaysian Government agencies, the Tourism Tax must be collected separately from the room rate – we do apologize for any confusion.

Once again, thank you for bring this matter to my attention and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future to show our commitment of service excellence.