Stayed for two nights on level 2 for a family wedding over the weekend. First impression was it was reasonably priced for the room size given to us. The toilet was even spacious with two basins which was a good surprise. Sleep quality, including the bedding provided was not bad too. Bed was a touch too stiff to my liking but that is quite subjective.
However, there were a few let downs which made the stay at the hotel, short of total satisfaction.
1. Lights above the work desk was not working. It was pretty dark at that corner when i was working late night on the desk.
2. Air condition when switched on, had an irritating whistling sound. Worse when fan speed is switched to high. Thankfully, me and wife got use to it and fell asleep eventually.
3. Safe deposit was already locked when we check in to the room. Could not use it during my stay there.
The above few issues could have easily been picked up and solved during the hotel's daily maintenance/room cleaning routine but wasn't. Lack of care or attention to details perhaps by the maintenance crew?
Last but not least, in this day and age, the wifi speed available to hotel guests was crawling at an unforgivable speed. Speed was equally slow throughout the three days two nights stay at the hotel, be it in our room, lobby or the hotel ballroom, so reception wasn't the main problem. Please fix this slow wifi speed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ideal Place for Private Functions, Business Events & Corporate Activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Ixora Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ixora Hotel Penang/Perai, Malaysia