Booked this 3 bedroom unit from tour agent and it comes with breakfast. Was rather surprise that b/f is included but we had very low expectations. However, I must say for a local, this property is pretty well maintained and we have no complaints at all. The unit is large and is suitable for 6 pax but was able to take 8 pax easily with 2 extra beds. In fact, I believe the hall may be able to put in another bed and with the long sofa, can load10 pax but a bit pushing it. 8 was just nice as we put in the extra beds into the 2 larger rooms. One room, the master bedroom, has a king sized bed and has ensuite bath/toilet. The other 2 rooms have twin beds. Fully airconditioned, including the lounge which was a relief in the heat and the aircons were super strong. Great! There was another bathroom/toilet to be shared by the other rooms. Kitchen is large and has a stove with 2 hobs. Limited cooking utensils available like a wok, a pot, kettle and rice cooker. Limited cuttlery but sufficient plates, cups and saucers for 6 pax. Tea, coffee, creamer and sugar also available. Linen all provided with bath towels. Lounge is huge with a TV, sofa and coffee table. The dining table was also large with 6 chairs.
2) good quality beds and duvets (very comfortable)
3) fantastic for families as you won't be couped up in a room
4) location is excellent, near the promenade and close to Warisan Square. There is a huge mall being constructed which is a pity as it will tower over Marina Court. Centrepoint Sabah is also nearby. Ocean Seafood Restaurant is also a stone throw away. The Philipino market and wet markets are 5-10 mins walk away. Great spot to move around.
Not so good
1) I think the breakfast was only cooked to cater for a few groups, us inclusive. Limited choice but edible. 1 rice, 1 noodle, porridge, 2-3 dishes, 1 fruit, bread & spreads (low quality), cornflakes and coffee & tea and 1 juice.
2) Not entirely handicapped friendly as I noticed in most establishments in KK. Plenty of steps.
3) Prefer if shampoo & soap are given and not the 3 in 1 type of gel.
4) No wifi available except reception. This should be improved quickly?
5) The lifts and public area could be cleaner. A bit dark and dirty.
Other than this, we were happy with the apartment. Will definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marina-Homestay offers holiday condos run by Samajaya Borneo Sdn. Bhd. Each Condo have 3 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, 2 bathrooms and balcony. There are two swimming pools, gym and a squash court. Marina Court is located in the centre of Kota Kinabalu very close to all the waterfront restaurants, bars and cafes. The airport is only about 15 mins away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Marina Court Resort Condominium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Court Resort Condominium Hotel Kota Kinabalu