“Good location to get beach and Airport terminal”
Review of Borneo BeacHouse

Borneo BeacHouse
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My flight departs in the morning 6:10 AM by AirAsia. I wish to stay longer in KK and catch flight easily. So I book here. For a hostel, here is clean and the staff is nice. Smile and greet to you. Discuss your journey, give you advise and make your trip completely. There are a lot of mosquitoes around when raining. You'd better prepare the anti-mosquito stuff for your skin.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank HERMES862

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We booked one night here as we were flying back into KK and then out again the next day. Although the beach isn't amazing it is very close and the local food on the beach is cheap and tasty. It is only Rm 1 on the bus into KK city and having stayed in the city I would definitely recommend staying here and taking the bus in. You would never believe that the airport is a 5 minute walk away, it is peaceful and relaxing. The kitchen could do with a bit of bleach but overall the place is clean and what you expect from a back packer place. The guys who run the place are laid back, friendly and helpful and the beer in the fridge is cheap at Rm 12 for four cans! THe communal areas were a big swing for us, after a week being at one with nature across Sabah we sat back on the comfy chair and watched the news :-) Would definitely head here again if we were flying into KK.
But do take mosquito coils - we were feasted on in the night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank clarkes_in_asia
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I checked and they wanted to see my email booking even though my name is written in their book.

Then they short change me 2rm and hope i dont notice and say they dont have change. So i to mAke my own change by walking 10 minutes down the road.

I tell them i am checking out early and not to bother giving me a key because i will be leaving too early to get the deposit back.

Then the insist that they will be up at 5.00am and for me to knock on the door. They tell me it is 30rm deposit but their sign says only 20rm. They say the gate is locked and they will open it for me at 5.00am. They do not give me a receipt until i ask for it. It is signed nic.

After i checked in earlier they purposely locked my door behind me so i couldn't get in and would do the key deposit thing.

At 5.00am i knock on the door and they do not answer and then i knock again. There are some other people there too who say that the staff is usually there.

The toilet bowl i think has never been cleaned. I have never seen such a brown toilet bowl. I dont think it could even be cleaned back to its original state. The bed was ok and the fan worked.

But dont stay here. Better to stay down in kk even if you have an early flight out. Nic just wants to pocket your money.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank twobigfeets
Reviewed 27 January 2014

A convenient hostel for the nearby beach and airport, run by friendly staff. The rooms are adequate but cleanliness of the communal areas left a bit to be desired...a line of ants in the bathroom and the kitchen wasn't so inviting!

Beds and rooms are basic but comfortable, the building is set back from the road so not noisy, and tours can be booked through reception. The staff had messed up our booking for a room with fan but cheerfully got us an air con one for the same price which was very much appreciated.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessica M
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Its more like a house that a hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are pretty big and super comfortable. We arrived very late but there staff was still up waiting for us. Our room was clean and big. The beds we very comfy. We had a fan room and that was all we needed it didn't get too hot in there. They also have a van to that took us to the airport and is was cheaper that the airport taxis.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SparklesSparkles
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The only reason I chose this hotel is we didn't want to sleep in KK airport when we arrived midnight. It's only a 10 minute's easy walk from Terminal 2. Maybe the other reason choosing it is an early departure, because we saw a couple of Taiwanese were leaving when we arrive at 4 AM.
It looks like a local house transformed hotel, as both of its buildings have a big living space, and most rooms aren't equipped with private bathrooms. Public living space looks neat but cushions are rather dirty.
They don't serve meals. The beach is 3 minute's walk away and has a few food stalls that caters to night life seekers only. No breakfast is served in and around. So, better pack you own breakfast before arrival if you don't want to skip it the next morning.
Another drawback: hotels in this area tend to be noisy.

Room Tip: rooms at the back building tend to have fewer guests, with better availability of the shared bathroo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank qing0519
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Borneo BeacHouse. It was close to the beach and relaxing - just what we wanted. The bathrooms aren't the best, but we didn't seem to mind at all. We stayed in a room without AC, which was fine. It was surprisingly cool at night. The best thing about this hostel is (hands down) the staff. Nic, Daus, Justine were all beyond incredible and will go out of their way to help you out.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends