“Convenient, value for money , clean & nice”

Imperial Boutec Hotel
Ranked #70 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days 4 nites with mu husband. This hotel is just in the mid of the city and connected to warisan centre. it was very convenient to shop in warisan. The filipino market was just across the road.

The hotel was less than 10 minutes from jesselton point. All in all it is a good place to stay

The price for the room was very reasonable for the service offered. We stayed in a very comfortable AC suite . The rooms are not very spacious but clean and well maintained. Staff are courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms facing filipina market and beach would be good
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1Choosen
There are newer reviews for Imperial Boutec Hotel

Reviewed 5 July 2011

The hotel is expensive, comparing with other 3 star hotels, with no free car park facility, and the aircon in the room is not strong enough.

and, the breakfast is significantly below expectation and variety is minimal.

Not recommend to stay

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank richard327
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I stayed here during the 2nd night of my recent Sabah trip. Location-wise it is very strategic as it if right in the middle of the busy KK town, with F&B and shopping outlets all within walking distance. In fact, the hotel itself is located inside a shopping complex.

The room isn't very big but it's comfortable enough for two persons. The design of the room and its furniture has a very creative look to it, unlike conventional rooms. It also has an LCD TV mounted on the wall.

Btw, I don't know about other rooms, but mine has no view of the outside cause the window faces the corridor of the hotel. Not that it's a major issue anyway. Food-wise the breakfast was ok, although nothing much to shout about.

Overall this hotel is a good option for those who are staying in the city and would like to have convenient access to food and shopping outlets.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2010

I had the option of staying two nights in this hotel but opt for one night as I fOund another hotel 2KM which gives me a bigger room and better facilities.

The location of this is top notch. You can't be placed any better than any of the accommodation locations next to the esplanade.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 17 September 2010

The good things-
1-Location-situated at 1 ed of a shopping complex.One can shop and dine as there are many shops/restos in the complex itself;furthermore there is the wharf just across the street-more restos.We loved the seafood resto-the biggest in the area.There is The Coffee Bean & tea Leaf as well.

2-Rooms are small, but its okay;clean and comfortable enough

The not so good-
1.Staff have a hard time communicating in English-kinda frustrating
2.The backside of the hotel is an upleasant view of a carpark of a nearby mall.Plus if you walk that side, various massage places will pester you with offers.there's also an unpleasant (sewer?) smell emanating from the streets.
3.Commuting can be difficult so be prepared to take cabs.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HoneyBun000
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We are a group of 8 and got 4 rooms in this hotel. I would say that the price is very cheap but you don't always get what you want for the price that you are paying so don't expect so much. There is no perfect room in this hotel. The first room that we had was great(window view of the sea and clean) but the problem was that the aircon is like a heater. We had no choice but to transfer to another room since the tech said that the compressor was not working. Same goes with the room of my friend. They also had to transfer since the AC was also a heater. I guess the staff were very polite and corteous and it was not hard requesting to be transferred since it is also their only option and I believe they already know that the guests will always ask to be transferred to another room. The next room that we had was better. Clean and the AC was working great. the next problem was the TV. the channels were moving up and down and when we asked the staff, they said that 80% of their rooms have the signals of the TV that way. So It's okay already for me since the AC is more important to me than the TV. For the rooms, I would say that it's okay as long as you'll have a good room with a good airconditioning. It comes complete with safebox, lcd tv, great shower and clean rooms. the location of the hotel was great since it's inside the mall and right infront of the mall is Waterfront. This is where you'll see many bars and restaurants you can eat. The hotel also comes with free breakfast but I really didn't expect so much from the breakfast because I know it's not that good. Overall, the hotel is great if you're on a budget. The price matches well with the quality and service.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marte_129
Reviewed 26 June 2010

Me & my sisters (3of us) stayed in a standard room with city view. This hotel was recommended by a friend who said it was relatively new. So during our time of stay everything was in great condition. I loved the warm hues of the room, the wooden but modern deco and the flat screen tv (limited channels though) right to the sliding wooden bathroom door.

If you want a view, you have to request for seaview (which is more expensive). We opted for the cheaper city view and through out our stay- kept the curtains drawn tight shut. Not just because the view from our room is facing a worn out shabby building but we caught sight of men walking around up the roof with clear view into our room.

Personal preference for security, we hang the do not disturb sign - so the cleaners did not come in. But overall experience with the staff had been positive and not particularly eventful.

The location of the hotel is perhaps the highest selling point. One Borneo which lived up to the hype of KK's shopping haven is quite a distance from the city(and the hotel) but the neighboring shopping buildings have good stores and some which are cheaper than the branded sotres of OneBorneo. It's easy to shop and dine around the hotel area (atleast those within walking distance).

(My sisters and I planned to stay with the hotel if a future trip comes up but that was in 2008 but reading recent review suggest state of the room has plummeted.. so now we have our reservations)

• Stayed: December 2008