“Nothing Imperial & International at all...”

Imperial International Hotel
Ranked #52 of 91 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I check in to this hotel for 2 nights stay with my wife, at first I was at this Myne Hotel, since it is not comfortable for us, we make a decision to shift into Imperial the next morning eventhough the price is quite highter compared with Myne, RM200nett with breakfast, and hoping for better room and service for it but in the end, it is disappointing... Once in the room, no towels, no toilet rolls, no face towel, floor mat ... we have to ask from the Housekeeping nearby who are cleaning some vacant dirty room, the next day also the same eventhough we already put in the Make up signage at the door, we ourselves also ask from the nearby housekeeper nearby who are still doing some VD room... The Breakfast is the worst part... limited choices yet they sucks... Front Office staff is not friendly at all, you can say, they are more friendly towards foreigners than locals... this is what I noticed... all their towels, bed sheet, floor mat, are all worn out... try to imagined, I paid RM200 nett for one nights, and they are giving me this kind service..... didnt worth any penny .... I wont go for here ever!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank beckham72332

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed in superior sea view this time. View was great and room was just okay with a surprise.

Front desk service left much to be desired and not tactful to the brink of looking thick.

Bathroom has glass wall that can look out to the room. Wall on bottom of the glass in room has water stains.

Room has ants which got them to clean and after they left, a surprise happened - air cond in room started to leak and whole door area flooded. Apparently they havent cleared the air cond duct for some time and it has clogged up the condenser water pipe. Problem fixed within a couple of hours whilst I left them to go shopping.

Free internet in room is only cabled. Brought my own modem but still could not vonnect my ipad and iphones. Had fun staying in most days watching the load of dvds we bought from nearby malls.

Breakfast is just average and not refilled fast enough.

Went scouting for other hotels to stay and most probably wont return.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank lifejourneys
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I stay in this hotel for 1 week, for bussiness purpose (due to all of other hotels were fully booked).
The facts that happened to me :
1. front staff were not friendly at all
2. I'll rate the breakfast for 7 out of 10
3. I put my shirt in their laundry, and when it came back to me, the shirt color was change (from soft pink to white)
4. I stayed in the top level, and at that time, there was a heavy raining, suddenly around 6 pm, the electricity in my room was gone..(Blackout in a hotel???come on!!!!) and the next morning, I found a bucket full with water in fromt my room door and also in other places in that floor.
5. There is also one day, that they didnt clean my room properly.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Beryl A
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Walk in to the hotel for 1 night stay. Looked great from outside. Check in was okay. Went up to the floor , and you can smell musty smell from the carpet. Room was modern at the first look, but then I realized there are a lot of maintenance work to be done not only the room, but the whole hotel. Room cushion was peeling off, mirror with stains, hairs on bathroom floor. bed sheet was stained as well. Not much of TV channels - plus blurry reception.The type of room that I stayed was a Court room - with inside view - which means outside room window you could only see a banquet walking hall. Since me and my wife were staying for 1 night, so we didn't bother to change our room. No ashtray in room can be found even though it is a smoking room. Bathroom not much amenities, but luckily we brought our own. Overall not so good experience, and better stay else where.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2011

The hotel is centrally located, close to shops and restaurants. However, it is shabby despite being renovated recently. The floor tiles are chipped. The seat of the chair is peeling. The material used for the bathroom is of poor quality and cannot withstand the moisture in the bathroom. The toilet bowl is chipped.The rack which holds the soap in the shower cubicle has dropped off. It is a pity because the hotel room is clean and the sevice is ok.

Room Tip: For a central location, you should try Hotel Eden instead.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Contact12
Reviewed 7 December 2011

LOCATION: This is the biggest selling point of Imperial International Hotel. It is located at city center, near waterfront, Filipino Market and shops.

ROOM: Room is big. Unfortunately, lighting is poor. Wifi is not available inside the room; instead, cable connection is required. This can present a problem to smartphone and iPad users.

SERVICE: I can't say much about service, as I only stayed one night here.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2011

There is no parking space for taxi or anyone to pick/drop you. Room service done but they didn't leave any towels behind. We had to call them.

Location is good. That's all.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business