“Low price with average service”

Tune Hotel - 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu
Ranked #31 of 92 Hotels in Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed there two separated nights for transit.
The room wasn't big, but it's ok because I needed a few hours of sleep before my flight. There is a convenience store on the first floor so it's pretty convenient.
I payed only 30USD per a night, it was quite cheep.
The best part was that hotel stuff were very kind. I never had uncomfortable experience with them during my stay. All of them were quite nice.
Bad thing was the location. It is very far from the airport. It costs you 15USD for taxi to get there. And you basically can't take local bus with your luggages because the bus is pretty small. Also, beside the hotel, there is a night club and it's pretty loud. And drunk guys are around, so I didn't feel safe walking around at night.
There is 1 Borneo mall next to the hotel, and the mall is pretty big, if you are not going to go to downtown, just wanna spend some time in the mall, staying at this hotel is a good idea. Other than that, you need to know that it's cheep, but very far from the airport.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Rimpsons
DeSilvaTunehotels, Manager at Tune Hotel - 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Hi Rimpsons,

Thanks for the feedback. It takes approximately less than half an hour to the airport, depending on traffic.

We apologize for the loud noise, please speak to the frontdesk if you wish to have a room located at a quieter end, we will work one out if we could get one available.

Hopefully you will look out for us the next time you come to Kota Kinabalu, and perhaps explore the eco attraction tours we have packaged with the hotel stays.

See you.

Regards,
Sharon De Silva-Customer Care Manager

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Located litter far a way from KKIA.But most of the front desk staff are do a good job since check in till check out.Provider the guest withy very usefull information.Just make a feel like a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Try to avoid for stay a room without window.It too warm just like a sauna room.Specially when we not...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Appalled on arrival as our first room was horrid, damp on the walls, bedside lights not working, filthy shower and our tele didn't work. After speaking to Reception we were moved to a slightly better room but the complex itself does not lend itself well to a hotel as it looks like a renovated multi storey carpark. Once we'd moved rooms and began to explore it wasn't too bad. The mall next door is extensive, with lots of lovely places to eat downstairs, although many of the shops are expensive and very English. In the mornings - as nothing else is open we enjoyed our breakfasts in the local hangout (chicken and rice anyone?), there's a regular free bus to town (thankfully coz it's quite a distance).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Incey W
DeSilvaTunehotels, Manager at Tune Hotel - 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We apologize for the poor level of cleanliness you have experienced during your recent stay. The team had relocated you to a different room and I'm glad that made a difference. Please furnish your bookings details to sharon.desilva@tunehotels.com and I will investigate what had happened.

In the meantime, I shared your feedback to the the housekeeping team to ensure they
improve their cleanliness standards.

Thank you for the review. We hope you'll allow us the opportunity to restore your experience the next time you come by.

Sharon De Silva-Customer Care Manager

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

My room was clean but so many ants in my bathroom. The front desk gave me a bug splay, but after I splayed my little room, it smelled so strong and I got sore throat. I booked the room with AC and towels. You had to return your old towels to the front desk and exchanged them to new ones. Housekeeping would not even change towels for $40 USD per nite that I paid for. Other than that, my stay was OK.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Thaiahh

Dear Guest,

We apologize for not meeting the cleanliness standards you have come to expect from us. Please connect with me directly at sharon.desilva@tunehotels.com with your booking details so that I could identify what went wrong during the housekeeping activities at the time of your stay.

Please rest assured, I have shared this review with the housekeeping team to improve their service and ensure that this does not happen again.

We provide only the basic; bed and shower. You'll have to pay for the extras. We do not provide daily change of towel but you could purchase additional ones at the front desk or alternatively, bring your own.

Besides offering the advantage of affordable pricing, This practice supports the environment; Less Waste More Earth which typically encompasses energy –consuming facilities such as air-conditioning, TV, WIFI and laundered towels.

Thank you for the review and we hope to be given the opportunity to renew your experience the next time you come by.

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in at least six tunes
Most were well good to better than average
This place is a dump
An old building with peeling paint and wallpaper. Nothing works Broken AC
Filthy toilet and dirty floor
A horrendous two days in a pig sty
The staff are dense and unresponsive as well. Steer clear of this one
Broken

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Russell B
tuneh0tels, Manager at Tune Hotel - 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Russel,
We sincerely apologize for not meeting up to your expectations following your recent stay.I have wired your feedback to the fix it crew, who will be looking into resolving this matter soon. I have also shared your comments about the level of service with my team this morning; please rest assured, necessary steps will be taken to improve.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to serve you better in future.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

The usual Tune deal, including its labyrinthine pricing structure. Small room but OK, comfortable bed, good shower, good wifi, good price, but the room already looked rough around the edges, and the traffic from the highway was very noisy. And why on earth would most travelers choose to stay in such a remote place? I was driving back from up north with a plane to catch in the morning so I had no need to spend time in the city, which I already knew. But for first-time visitors, KK isn't pretty, but it's a fun city, with good eateries at all prices and great bars. The Tune hotel is out in the sticks, part of 1Borneo, a modern office and shopping complex a very long way away from the city. Reviewers mention a shuttle service to KK, but I never saw it nor was offered it. Of all the out-of-way locations of the Tune hotels I know (Kota Baru, Angeles City, even downtown KL), this is by far the most bizarre and inconvenient. Have a good look at the map and at your needs before you book!

Room Tip: Away from the very noisy highway and not in the center of the building, where rooms have no windows...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Our first stay at 1Borneo Tune Hotel was very2 OK, unexpectedly comfortable and convenient - for travellers on the go and need to save on hotel stay yet stay comfortably with not much hassles, this is the place for you!

Room Tip: Higher room for lesser noise, with windows facing main road
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CitiZaleha
tuneh0tels, Manager at Tune Hotel - 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Guest,

It's great to find that we have made a good first impression. Thank you for the review.